By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X out in the wild. (Images of the console)

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

It is a prototype not a devkit from what is on the OP.

It has a port specifically for a diagnostic tool. That screams dev kit to me. A random person wouldn't have access to a prototype of final retail hardware in order to leak a picture of it, it would have to be somebody who worked at MS, and I doubt anybody there is foolish enough to leak a picture with the serial number visible. On the other hand, there are lots of Xbox Series X dev kits out in the wild now and it would be much easier for somebody to get access to one of those to take a picture of it, and Xbox dev kits look alot like the retail design usually. But either way it doesn't really matter, it's not a finalized design. Changes will be made, there are rumors that MS is considering USB-C instead of A on the final model, material quality could change, the removable back might not make it into the retail model, etc.

Yes I do think it will have improved look whenever it hits the shelves.

Metallox said:
DonFerrari said:

For me the only issue is how many scratches are in the unit, seems like the people that handled it didn't took much care, the looks itself I'm perfectly fine (and sure if it was gloss I would prefer, but not a deal breaker). Some people in Brazil joked that in the reveal it looked like a drinking fountain.

It's dust. But yeah, it looks fine fine and matte is definitely better in the long run because of what others have been mentioning. It's just not as eye catching, though, not even as the XONE is, in a way.

The one on presentation I thought looked cool, but sure I can understand it isn't flashy but that shouldn't be a problem.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Random_Matt said:
Looks cheap and nasty, plastic can be premium you know.

It's a dev kit, not a retail product. Do you think that the PS5 dev kit looks premium?

Compared to what's in the OP? Definitely.

Mr Puggsly said:
Fallawful said:
I hear rumours that this will be able to run Windows 10 and boot up in PC mode. If this is true I'm interested in the console (I have always had Macs).

This also consolidates the shape of the console in my mind, as I know would be treating it like a PC tower. Plugging it into a monitor on a desk would not be a problem for me.

I highly doubt it, but that would make it a day one purchase for me.

At the very least I would like to see Xbox capable of running Windows games in some curated fashion. Theoretically that would allow them to sell countless PC games on Xbox.

And imagine if rumors are true and Horizon, Dreams and other Sony games end on PC. You could play those Sony exclusives on the Xbox!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

thismeintiel said:
shikamaru317 said:

It's a dev kit, not a retail product. Do you think that the PS5 dev kit looks premium?

Compared to what's in the OP? Definitely.

totally, screws sticking out in the front, as is the serial numbersticker, pls get real

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TheArcadeGamer said:
It looks too big.

That's what girls usually tell me when we are intimate... Could it be that they are talking about the Xbox Series X while looking down at me?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
JRPGfan said:

*at certain task to which it is well suited.

Its not just exponentially faster at everything (from what I understand) (supposedly theres task it does alot slower than current x86 cpu's).

Anyways quantum computers, require them to run really cold.... and you need to calibrate it, everytime its shut down or moved.
Imagine everytime you wanted to turn on your console, it would take a few hours to cooldown first,
and lock some of these particles into place, with the right spin ect, before you could boot it up.

Its not practical to make a consumer grade, mass produced quantum computer, for a gameing console.
it would be alot more expensive, bigger, louder, require much more calibration (at each home), and slower for gameing related stuff (most likely).
Its a bad idea, atleast currently, maybe these things change in the future.

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Let me quote myself:

"You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension."

Then let me cut it out for you ^-^ since you feel like replying in such a manner as well.

"But quantum computing is exponentially faster than current cpu tech. And faster computing is always a plus for gaming." - Hyand

^ unless this is sarcasm (on your part) that I mis understood.

My entire point was its not actually "always faster", currently theres alot of tasks even the most modern and best current quantum computers are slower at then x86 cpus.

You wrote something factually in-correct.

Then I made a post about it, and now your like "you have a hard time with reading comprehension".
What? what am I missing? Did you read my post? since your quoteing me about reading comprehension?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 22 January 2020

JEMC said:
EricHiggin said:
Kinda hard to tell, but doesn't look like there's any fan at the base where the PSU is. So one big fan at the top sucking air in and blowing it down and out of those exhaust holes at the rear? They wouldn't pull air in through the PSU from the base first would they? It's always been through the console and heat sinks first and then past the PSU before the hot air exits. You don't really want hot PSU air being used to cool the APU heat sink.

The way I see it, the air will come in from the bottom intakes and leave from the top. After all, hot air goes up, and using the top fan to draw air inside would go against it, making it less efficient.

To avoid the use of warm/hot air to cool the APU, it's possible to use one of the air intakes for the PSU, with the warm air going then into the console, while the other intake goes straight in to the console to cool the APU and other components, and then mixing with the air coming fom the PSU and leaving from the top.

It looks like the bottom is all one PSU unit, but definitely can't say that for sure based on the single pic available. It could be as you said, that one side is for PSU air intake and the other is more for the rest of the console and heat sink. The air could combine once it's through the PSU, or the PSU could possibly have a separation shroud that went all the way up to the top fan so that heat didn't mix internally, yet all get's exhausted together at the top. With there being extra holes at the rear that are blocked right now, it would seem they are still testing the airflow and temps, and fine tuning how much internal vacuum to create and how much air is allowed to pass through. You don't want too much vacuum as that will pull in more dust.

JRPGfan said:
Hynad said:

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Let me quote myself:

"You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension."

Then let me cut it out for you ^-^ since you feel like replying in such a manner as well.

"But quantum computing is exponentially faster than current cpu tech. And faster computing is always a plus for gaming." - Hyand

^ unless this is sarcasm (on your part) that I mis understood.

My entire point was its not actually "always faster", currently theres alot of tasks even the most modern and best current quantum computers are slower at then x86 cpus.

You wrote something factually in-correct.

Then I made a post about it, and now your like "you have a hard time with reading comprehension".
What? what am I missing? Did you read my post? since your quoteing me about reading comprehension?

I said: The tech simply isn’t ready in its current state to be used on a consumer level.

And then you proceed to mention the reason why in its current state, it isn’t ready to be used on a consumer or gaming level... Unless you actually mean that we’ve already tapped into the tech enough to have reached its limits, which would be silly.

At least it isn't labelled a old VCR like Xbox One was lol. I rather like the PC tower look

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

At least it looks like it will deal with cooling, if the ps5 is as small as a ps4 it will be very loud and running hot for sure. That alone will make my decision easy, I'd rather get the ps5 because I chose ps4 and ps5 will upgrade de graphics of ps4 games. But if the console will be as loud as the launch ps4 then goodbye sony. I have no love for any company, Ill chose whichever seems like a better product for my money.