By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X out in the wild. (Images of the console)

I'm curious by the square cut on the back and also they have beaten down this prototype a lot, how can they in a couple weeks or moths tear it so much?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hynad said:
JRPGfan said:

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Let me quote myself:

He's right though, while you seem under the impression is just more of the same mathematical operations but with thousands of times more instructions per second. We do know very well how quantum computers work and what they are capable of doing, it's just a matter of scalability and reliability. But even if you could scale it to millions of qubits there's still thousands of operations that won't benefit at all. Of course, you might argue that one could find a way to make use of the hardware to execute these instructions more efficiently but the same applies the other way around. It even made the news a while ago, when a student created an algorithm capable of doing what only quantum computers were though able to do.

Either way, I don't want to derail the thread, it's just that you seemed exceedingly passive-agressive for some reason. JRPGFan isn't to blame if your parents are divorcing or something.

OT - I wonder if that design is final. That bulge at the bottom makes me think that even if laying the console sideways is a feasible position, as Spencer claimed, it wasn't really designed with that in mind at all.

shikamaru317 said:
Random_Matt said:
Looks cheap and nasty, plastic can be premium you know.

It's a dev kit, not a retail product. Do you think that the PS5 dev kit looks premium?

It is a prototype not a devkit from what is on the OP.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
shikamaru317 said:

It's a dev kit, not a retail product. Do you think that the PS5 dev kit looks premium?

Yes and with the XBO the devkits basically were the same as the final model. It wouldn't surprise me if this is what the final retail machine will look like, and in my opinion it looks fine.

Barkley said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes and with the XBO the devkits basically were the same as the final model. It wouldn't surprise me if this is what the final retail machine will look like, and in my opinion it looks fine.

For me the only issue is how many scratches are in the unit, seems like the people that handled it didn't took much care, the looks itself I'm perfectly fine (and sure if it was gloss I would prefer, but not a deal breaker). Some people in Brazil joked that in the reveal it looked like a drinking fountain.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Barkley said:

For me the only issue is how many scratches are in the unit, seems like the people that handled it didn't took much care, the looks itself I'm perfectly fine (and sure if it was gloss I would prefer, but not a deal breaker). Some people in Brazil joked that in the reveal it looked like a drinking fountain.

I prefer the Matte finish myself, doesn't show up fingerprints and feels better to me. The original Glossy PS3 controllers were nasty imo.

And yeah the pictures aren't great, not sure if it's scratches just likes like a lot of dust and hairs on it to me. Not been kept in a clean place at all. xD

haxxiy said:
Hynad said:

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Let me quote myself:

He's right though, while you seem under the impression is just more of the same mathematical operations but with thousands of times more instructions per second. We do know very well how quantum computers work and what they are capable of doing, it's just a matter of scalability and reliability. But even if you could scale it to millions of qubits there's still thousands of operations that won't benefit at all. Of course, you might argue that one could find a way to make use of the hardware to execute these instructions more efficiently but the same applies the other way around. It even made the news a while ago, when a student created an algorithm capable of doing what only quantum computers were though able to do.

Either way, I don't want to derail the thread, it's just that you seemed exceedingly passive-agressive for some reason. JRPGFan isn't to blame if your parents are divorcing or something.

OT - I wonder if that design is final. That bulge at the bottom makes me think that even if laying the console sideways is a feasible position, as Spencer claimed, it wasn't really designed with that in mind at all.

@bolded: Rich of you to say I was passive-agressive and then act in that manner in turn. 👌

As for the rest, no. If a parallel can be done with our current understand of quantum computing, we would be close to the beginning of the digital era in the 50s or right after it.

Last edited by Hynad - on 22 January 2020

shikamaru317 said:
Random_Matt said:
Looks cheap and nasty, plastic can be premium you know.

I never mentioned PS5, irrelevant. Why the redirection, your feelings hurt?

Fallawful said:
I hear rumours that this will be able to run Windows 10 and boot up in PC mode. If this is true I'm interested in the console (I have always had Macs).

This also consolidates the shape of the console in my mind, as I know would be treating it like a PC tower. Plugging it into a monitor on a desk would not be a problem for me.

I highly doubt it, but that would make it a day one purchase for me.

At the very least I would like to see Xbox capable of running Windows games in some curated fashion. Theoretically that would allow them to sell countless PC games on Xbox.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DonFerrari said:
Barkley said:

It's dust. But yeah, it looks fine fine and matte is definitely better in the long run because of what others have been mentioning. It's just not as eye catching, though, not even as the XONE is, in a way.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.