By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If all PlayStation/Xbox games were on PC day 1, would you still buy a console?

If console exclusives disappeared, would you still buy a console?

Yes, consoles still have benefits 85 65.89%

No, there'd be no point in having a console 44 34.11%

Total:129

Depend on whom you are asking this . For console gamer they will probably just buy the next consoles regarding exclusives or not. For PC gamers i bet it will be divided, some PC gamers will still buy consoles and some are stay the same (Elitist ).

For me i will still buy PS5 because all their exclusives will still be exclusives for 4 to 5 years to consoles until it become free on PSNow. So exclusives still matter for a big period of time. Also what i love from consoles is small factor and convenient factor that i cannot have with PC. I don't want spend my time playing JRPG on PC . It's waste of spec LOL.

I will use console on my living space and not worried with bad ports, compatibility and benchmark. I will just put my PC on Offices and use for works, heavy modded games or games i would like to see with better graphics (if i able to upgrade my PC to new GPU).

Also i usually use my PC for MMO games and strategy games , i don't like playing strategy on consoles. But console are good at playing classic, adventure and JRPG.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Depend on whom you are asking this . For console gamer they will probably just buy the next consoles regarding exclusives or not. For PC gamers i bet it will be divided, some PC gamers will still buy consoles and some are stay the same (Elitist ).

For me i will still buy PS5 because all their exclusives will still be exclusives for 4 to 5 years to consoles until it become free on PSNow. So exclusives still matter for a big period of time. Also what i love from consoles is small factor and convenient factor that i cannot have with PC. I don't want spend my time playing JRPG on PC . It's waste of spec LOL.

I will use console on my living space and not worried with bad ports, compatibility and benchmark. I will just put my PC on Offices and use for works, heavy modded games or games i would like to see with better graphics (if i able to upgrade my PC to new GPU).

Also i usually use my PC for MMO games and strategy games , i don't like playing strategy on consoles. But console are good at playing classic, adventure and JRPG.

Nothing wrong with people not wanting to purchase another piece of plastic and sticking with what they have, hell some cannot afford shelling out for 3 different pieces of plastic, the games costing £50-60 a pop and then the online fees to boot, so nah chief, that doesn't make them "elitist". 

Also SFF's exist for PC's, in case you haven't already checked, but I could always ask Pem to give some never ending examples, since he's a good chap when it comes to educating non PC folk on what is actually possible. 

Also why is it a waste of a spec to play a JRPG on a PC?. Why do you come up with these crappy crutch arguments to make the console seem like the ultimate choice, when in reality it really isn't. Back in the 90's it was, and partway through the early 00's, but not anymore. it's far, far from being perfect itself. 

You play strat games on PC, yet you call JRPG's a waste of spec, as well as playing MMO's, which aren't exactly graphical beauties, as they have to run on lower spec hw. Consoles don't really get many strat games because the input method isn't exactly designed for gamepad input, and well, the strat audience being primarily where it began. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Most likely. After having switched to a MacBook this time around, I don't even need a Windows PC for computing anymore.

I play multiplats and socially on Xbox so I’d still buy one of those. If Sony exclusives went PC I’d have no reason to buy a Sony console.

Price and simplicity make consoles ideal for me, even though I am computer savvy.

Also, we might finally see 60 fps in 3D games become fairly standard in the 9th gen. That has generally been the biggest advantage of PC in my opinion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Nothing wrong with people not wanting to purchase another piece of plastic and sticking with what they have, hell some cannot afford shelling out for 3 different pieces of plastic, the games costing £50-60 a pop and then the online fees to boot, so nah chief, that doesn't make them "elitist". 

Also SFF's exist for PC's, in case you haven't already checked, but I could always ask Pem to give some never ending examples, since he's a good chap when it comes to educating non PC folk on what is actually possible. 

Also why is it a waste of a spec to play a JRPG on a PC?. Why do you come up with these crappy crutch arguments to make the console seem like the ultimate choice, when in reality it really isn't. Back in the 90's it was, and partway through the early 00's, but not anymore. it's far, far from being perfect itself. 

You play strat games on PC, yet you call JRPG's a waste of spec, as well as playing MMO's, which aren't exactly graphical beauties, as they have to run on lower spec hw. Consoles don't really get many strat games because the input method isn't exactly designed for gamepad input, and well, the strat audience being primarily where it began. 

Because why wasted playing 2080 ti on Danganronpa or Persona 5 that can run even on PS3??? That big wasted teraflop on your PC

You can ofcourse,  but why wasted on expensives setup while you have consoles or already have one and use that ??????  And strategy games are great on PC especially if there are a lot of multiplayer people and required a lot of graphic. Games like Total War is heavy emphasis on thousand of unit. MMO required beefy spec if you play modern one . 

It's just that's my way of gaming. Even some people have handled to play JRPG alone or playing classical alone. 

Or are you complaining about people habit ? 

I will still buy consoles, because I prefer the console experience.

Right now I have PC, PS4 Pro, XBO X, and Switch. Even though I can play Xbox titles on the PC, I have had many occasions where issues on the PC have lead to me going back to the XBO X to play games. These include Hard Crashes going from Gameplay to Cutscene (Gears 5), Refusal to let the game start due to conflicts with AMD Adrenaline DVR and Easy Anticheat (Halo Reach Master Chief Collection), Improper or non functioning HDR and Dobly Atmos function (Windows 10).

I prefer to play games on either a huge display, with a massive sound system, or in VR with High Quality Headphones. Consoles just work better in these situations.

I also, for the most part, just want to play a game. I'm not into trouble shooting, benchmarking, overclocking, or modding.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I will still buy consoles, because I prefer the console experience.

Right now I have PC, PS4 Pro, XBO X, and Switch. Even though I can play Xbox titles on the PC, I have had many occasions where issues on the PC have lead to me going back to the XBO X to play games. These include Hard Crashes going from Gameplay to Cutscene (Gears 5), Refusal to let the game start due to conflicts with AMD Adrenaline DVR and Easy Anticheat (Halo Reach Master Chief Collection), Improper or non functioning HDR and Dobly Atmos function (Windows 10).

I prefer to play games on either a huge display, with a massive sound system, or in VR with High Quality Headphones. Consoles just work better in these situations.

I also, for the most part, just want to play a game. I'm not into trouble shooting, benchmarking, overclocking, or modding.

On the bold part, I am fully agree LOL. But for me i do love modding so PC is must have for me. 

Yes. Consoles will always be my preferred platform to play games on.

Yes sure because i like to play on a console espcecially on the Xbox Plattform.