By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If all PlayStation/Xbox games were on PC day 1, would you still buy a console?

If console exclusives disappeared, would you still buy a console?

Yes, consoles still have benefits 85 65.89%

No, there'd be no point in having a console 44 34.11%

Total:129

I’d still buy Nintendo systems if nothing else. I’m also a Mac user rather than a PC user so there’s also that.

Around the Network

The only reason I have a console nowadays is because of the exclusives. Even then, I'm happy in most cases to wait a few years for said exclusives to no longer be exclusive and for the price to drop before picking up a possible PC version. With this mentality, I've managed to own a grand mighty total of 4 PS4 games over the 4 years I've owned the console.

I voted "no" in the poll, because I wouldn't pick up a console without their exclusives, but I don't think there's "no point in having a console" as mentioned next to the "no" option in the poll, there wouldn't be any point for me, but consoles are still a relatively cheap way for other people to get into gaming.

I don't own a Playstation since the PS2 because the exclusives PS3/4 had were not appealing to me. And I see no reason to buy an Xbox if you have a gaming PC anyway.

So, no, not for 15 years already. Unless we talk Nintendo, of course.

Console all the way.

My pc is probably 10 times more powerfull than my ps4... still I enjoy playing on console more than on pc.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
I don't own a Playstation since the PS2 because the exclusives PS3/4 had were not appealing to me. And I see no reason to buy an Xbox if you have a gaming PC anyway.

I was the same till 2009 then I got a ps3 with some games...and realised how much I have missed. (if you are in for storygames)

Around the Network
Ultr said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I was the same till 2009 then I got a ps3 with some games...and realised how much I have missed. (if you are in for storygames)

I am seriously not into action-adventures or action-rpg, no matter how well the story is. Sadly, almost all PS exclusives are either one or the other.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ultr said:

I am seriously not into action-adventures or action-rpg, no matter how well the story is. Sadly, almost all PS exclusives are either one or the other.

Yeah then its not that intresting.

I was mostly a fps and rpg, rts player on pc...  but I just really like adventures

I was baffled that I missed games like uncharted and from there on out its history :D