By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If all PlayStation/Xbox games were on PC day 1, would you still buy a console?

If console exclusives disappeared, would you still buy a console?

Yes, consoles still have benefits 85 65.89%

No, there'd be no point in having a console 44 34.11%

Total:129
Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

Well my answer is simple , i don't want to run 400 watt TDP GPU only to play 2D and and yes i will calle it 13 teraflop of GPu. Yes 13 teraflop, like it or not you need to accept teraflop is still exist. 

Also for small factor and form factor, i prefer putting my small, simple PS4 and slime PS4 in front of TV rather than my PC desktop. Which is very loud and generate a lot of Heat. I also use to play with my friend local gaming with my cousin. I dont want to bring PC also it has many work and job related content that i dont want to share to my family. And keeping in side my room.  

Which GPU have 400 watt TDP?

Even most 1080 Ti and 2080 TI models have 250 watt TDP, a few of them 300 watt TDP:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti,4972-6.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition,5805-10.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-xtreme-11g,5953-4.html

And when you use them "only to play in 2D", they will probably run in an idle mode with 10 - 100 watt (depending on the game) and the system will be more efficient than a console playing less demanding 2D games.

While the GPU idles or has only low workloads, many GPU models will also stop the fans and the already more silent PC (compared to most consoles) will get even quieter.

because my PC is not just consist of GPU thank you

Around the Network
Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

It has heavy meaning especially i buy Nvidia for GPU and build PC for small electricity bill, i usually used Console more to save energy bill on playing for longer period of time and use it for Youtube as well  etc. ALso LAN party is very old LOL, Iused to play LAN but not anymore and it need a lot of monitor and PC's while with local gaming it's just need one hardware I choose to have simplicity for gaming in front of my living are TV. 

I understand about Teraflop more than you know how it works between each hardware and GPU  , pemalite already told me etc thank you for the advice i am will still use teraflop to compare GPU performance for the sake of simplicity. 

Ot perhaps you want to stick to TDP performance and watt wattage to compare GPU performance ?

What has "heavy meaning"?. My electricity bill is fixed, because I wanted it to be a fixed bill, rather than a stupidly disorganised bill, that could be charged within 3 month intervals and rack up. A fixed bill is more affordable for me, while still being able to use my two consoles and desktop, without any issues. 

LAN parties aren't old, plenty of gamers still do those on a yearly basis, and me and my friends doing it to this day, because well, we want to hang out and game for a few days, nothing wrong with that. There are times when I'd be able to visit my friend's house and hook up to their 4k OLED TV, or bring my own monitor, while he and my other friend go dual monitor. There are also times when I'd just hook my desktop to my TV downstairs in my liviingroom, though I vastly prefer my 144hz 1440p monitor, because 1440p 144hz is my sweet spot over 1080p 60hz.

I too understand how teraflops work, but that doesn't mean I have to keep blabbering about it, especially seeing as how talk of flops suddenly became a thing on console based gaming forums as little as 3 years ago. Simplicity sake won't make it so easy when you still do not grasp that flops do not equate to everything, as Pem has already told you guys.

How about sticking to the actual hz and general GPU VRAM for performance sake, rather than flops and wattage? (like forums have been using for eons)

Because i also use my PC for working and not just gaming . 

Lan party it's old it's a fact  , and nothing wrong with that  i never said it's wrong . It's just less and less games has Lan capability except old games and certain games like FPS and Real time strategy games. 

Also i never use Lan party because it a hassle and required more PC and monitor, more room and  add another electricity bill.  I prefer local multiplayer with just one console in single big TV. that's all

I never blabbering about Teraflop. I just simply said to just used as an exemplar not as definite thing. 

GPU Ram and core clock are definitely tied close to GPU performance. 

HollyGamer said:

Lan party it's old it's a fact  , and nothing wrong with that  i never said it's wrong . It's just less and less games has Lan capability except old games and certain games like FPS and Real time strategy games. 

Also i never use Lan party because it a hassle and required more PC and monitor, more room and  add another electricity bill.  I prefer local multiplayer with just one console in single big TV. that's all

I never blabbering about Teraflop. I just simply said to just used as an exemplar not as definite thing. 

And I use mine for multiple purpose than just gaming.

It's not a fact it's old lol. Many do it to this day, there are even conventions for LAN parties, but I guess you think it's old, therefore no one should do it?. 

Well thanks to Valve, we can play local co-op games over the net now, so that's something unique and interesting on the PC side of things. 

Well yeah, you could also do local co-op games on a single PC, hooked up to a bigger monitor or TV, it's really not rocket science here. 

Well yes, you kept on using the word, and yet you weren't using it 3+ years ago, just like every other console gamer. Look at Ray Tracing, hardly anyone cared when PC was doing it, now it's "PS5/Xbox, will tX game have RT?", as if it didn't matter beforehand.

But yes, I tend to tie the Mhz and VRAM to GPU performance, because to me that makes more sense, it feels more accurate and it's what everyone's been using for decades now. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

And I use mine for multiple purpose than just gaming.

It's not a fact it's old lol. Many do it to this day, there are even conventions for LAN parties, but I guess you think it's old, therefore no one should do it?. 

Well thanks to Valve, we can play local co-op games over the net now, so that's something unique and interesting on the PC side of things. 

Well yeah, you could also do local co-op games on a single PC, hooked up to a bigger monitor or TV, it's really not rocket science here. 

Well yes, you kept on using the word, and yet you weren't using it 3+ years ago, just like every other console gamer. Look at Ray Tracing, hardly anyone cared when PC was doing it, now it's "PS5/Xbox, will tX game have RT?", as if it didn't matter beforehand.

But yes, I tend to tie the Mhz and VRAM to GPU performance, because to me that makes more sense, it feels more accurate and it's what everyone's been using for decades now. 

That's why nothing to disagree on that part

It's old and it's a fact, many new PC games circa 2013 era  does not have  this function . It might be on some title but not mainstream anymore. Many PC player just play games using online instead of lan. And also LAN also still used in tournament and MOba . But in my country most PC cafe and gaming cafe just connected through Internet but never used with LAN cable.

I never said PC cannot hooked to PC. But my PC is big and i am tired to bring back and forth my big 10 KG PC desktop every time i playing video games into the living room, while my console can be lifted with my finger nail. I had done it before that's why i prefer console on my living room and keep my PC on my office. 

Teraflop was used back in 2010 ass well when PC introduce this metrix, and yes ray Tracing is  a thing now, because Nvidia introduce it. As long it can be measured using scientific method it can be used in words. nothing wrong with that. Clock speed and Vram , Floating point,  all connected to TDP. That's why every single GPU reviews always include with power wattage , TDP etc. 

I initially answered this thread with a "Hell No!"

But things are a lot more complicated than I first thought. I've been spending the last few days building up a Steam wishlist for upcoming games to play on my PC. I'm just flat out shocked by the number of games that have fucking Denuvo in them! Bandai Namco, Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, and Arc System Works, all use Denuvo in the vast majority of their games. Even if the Steam Store page doesn't say a game uses Denuvo, it's often hidden in the EULA. Here's a list of all Steam games with Denuvo...

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/26095454-Denuvo-Games/

In case you don't know Denuvo is always online DRM. So the second the servers for a game go down your copy is rendered unplayable. This is bullshit, and the type of dystopian nonsense I've feared would come to gaming for years. There are still lots of games on PC without Denuvo, but it seems like if I want to play certain games without ridiculous DRM shackes I'll have to get a console copy. Specifically, games out of Japan seem to have Denuvo almost guaranteed. Couple that with the fact that many Japanese titles are outright delayed on PC for up to a year, and I think I might still need to pick up a PS5.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue in favor of consoles here. They have their own problems, such as the fact that you can't repair one easily. But fuck Draconian DRM!

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

But things are a lot more complicated than I first thought. I've been spending the last few days building up a Steam wishlist for upcoming games to play on my PC. I'm just flat out shocked by the number of games that have fucking Denuvo in them! Bandai Namco, Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, and Arc System Works, all use Denuvo in the vast majority of their games. Even if the Steam Store page doesn't say a game uses Denuvo, it's often hidden in the EULA. Here's a list of all Steam games with Denuvo...

In case you don't know Denuvo is always online DRM. So the second the servers for a game go down your copy is rendered unplayable. This is bullshit, and the type of dystopian nonsense I've feared would come to gaming for years. There are still lots of games on PC without Denuvo, but it seems like if I want to play certain games without ridiculous DRM shackes I'll have to get a console copy. Specifically, games out of Japan seem to have Denuvo almost guaranteed. Couple that with the fact that many Japanese titles are outright delayed on PC for up to a year, and I think I might still need to pick up a PS5.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue in favor of consoles here. They have their own problems, such as the fact that you can't repair one easily. But fuck Draconian DRM!

Steam itself is a form of DRM, but not all DRM is equal or bad. Some companies take DRM way too far and make it an inconvenience. If you want DRM-Free gaming then check out GOG. For me if there is a game I want I'll check if GOG has it, and if it does I'll buy it there. If it doesn't then I'll either buy it off Steam or from a key site that has the best price. 

For me GOG -> Steam/key site.

HollyGamer said:

It's old and it's a fact, many new PC games circa 2013 era  does not have  this function . It might be on some title but not mainstream anymore. Many PC player just play games using online instead of lan. And also LAN also still used in tournament and MOba . But in my country most PC cafe and gaming cafe just connected through Internet but never used with LAN cable.

I never said PC cannot hooked to PC. But my PC is big and i am tired to bring back and forth my big 10 KG PC desktop every time i playing video games into the living room, while my console can be lifted with my finger nail. I had done it before that's why i prefer console on my living room and keep my PC on my office. 

Teraflop was used back in 2010 ass well when PC introduce this metrix, and yes ray Tracing is  a thing now, because Nvidia introduce it. As long it can be measured using scientific method it can be used in words. nothing wrong with that. Clock speed and Vram , Floating point,  all connected to TDP. That's why every single GPU reviews always include with power wattage , TDP etc. 

Mate, so is chess, and yet people still play that as a sport and in parks to this very day. Hell, Consoles by their longevity are old, so are computers, yet people around the world still continue to use both.

Regardless of function or not, People can still play the old ones, and even new ones thanks to Valve, online, while consoles cannot do this (yet). You know by LAN cable, you know I mean Cat5-6 cable, right?, because I'm using one right now, rather than using a wireless dongle, because using a cat6 cable is superior to using wireless, even my PS4 is connected to the router via a cat5. 

Well yeah, no one's telling you to constantly lug it around with you, but at the same time, no one is telling you to lug around a not so light console either, let alone an extra TV. 

Yes it was, but from all the forums I've been on over the years, hardly any console only gamer has made such a mention of the word, not until 3 years ago, when it was being used as a mere slogan by 2 of the big 3, and now it's practically being parroted by console only fans as the end all to be all, when it really isn't. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Mate, so is chess, and yet people still play that as a sport and in parks to this very day. Hell, Consoles by their longevity are old, so are computers, yet people around the world still continue to use both.

Regardless of function or not, People can still play the old ones, and even new ones thanks to Valve, online, while consoles cannot do this (yet). You know by LAN cable, you know I mean Cat5-6 cable, right?, because I'm using one right now, rather than using a wireless dongle, because using a cat6 cable is superior to using wireless, even my PS4 is connected to the router via a cat5. 

Well yeah, no one's telling you to constantly lug it around with you, but at the same time, no one is telling you to lug around a not so light console either, let alone an extra TV. 

Yes it was, but from all the forums I've been on over the years, hardly any console only gamer has made such a mention of the word, not until 3 years ago, when it was being used as a mere slogan by 2 of the big 3, and now it's practically being parroted by console only fans as the end all to be all, when it really isn't. 

agree, people still stick with what they love regarding the era. Hell i even still play Monopoly and table games.

My office room to my router is very far i used a wifi router to my PC . I used to Play LAN when i am still in collage with Starcraft and Moba, but my friend is busy now and most the time we just play using online. 

Because console are build based on Computer electronics regarding the CPU or GPU is, and coincidentally PS4 and Xbox On e are using X86  and PC like.  PS3 used Nvidia GS 7800 for GPU. Is not like saying TFLOPS is a sin, even many tech, PC and gaming Journalist say this often. Not saying as implication of power but more of result of what the machine capable of "theoretically " , not realistically. It's just a simple words to throw without getting to detail. 

sales2099 said:
As the poll shows, games also in PC have no impact on the millions of strictly console gamers.

I would go so far to say that MSs approach with Xbox and PC day 1 is better then keeping games locked to one platform. The game is still a system seller because it isn’t on PlayStation. And those who don’t even plan to get an Xbox will buy the PC version.

MS found a way to get money from its customer base on top of taking money from people who don’t even like Xbox. But I doubt Sony will do the same, they seem to have a good thing going with their 1st party games.

Tell us how much consoles past PS4 did those system sellers push.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cerebralbore101 said:

That is why I'll put my jollyroger and sing One Piece themes like Bink's sake while pirating all Sony games if they go for PC within like 2-3 years gap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."