E3 doesn't need it. 13 13.98%

E3 sucks anyway. 2 2.15%

PSX please! 8 8.60%

State of Play is the superior format. 2 2.15%

PS5 cancelled confirmed. 4 4.30%

But LoD will be there, right? 2 2.15%

Don't have an opinion, but love polls. 2 2.15%

Total:93

Why attend E3, when you've already dropped your bombshell PS5 logo?

Around the Network

And E3 continues grow more and more irrelevant.

Such a shame

I think Sony is being dumb and cocky again.  I mean it's one show where tons of gamers pay attention to what is coming out soon.  It seems pretty dumb to turn away from all of that easy marketing attention, especially during a year where they are releasing a new console.  I hope Nintendo and Microsoft put extra effort into their E3 to get even more attention.  This whole thing could very easily backfire on Sony.

Just glad Nintendo still have respect and attend E3.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

I wonder what crap you and some others here said when Nintendo decided to stop having a conference a few years ago...

That sucks for E3, nothing can top E3 2015 tho. Sure Sony can have a show, but the other conferences will do the job for them.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 13 January 2020

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
shikamaru317 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I think Sony is being dumb and cocky again.  I mean it's one show where tons of gamers pay attention to what is coming out soon.  It seems pretty dumb to turn away from all of that easy marketing attention, especially during a year where they are releasing a new console.  I hope Nintendo and Microsoft put extra effort into their E3 to get even more attention.  This whole thing could very easily backfire on Sony.

Don't know about Nintendo, but sources a few days ago were already reporting that MS had heard the rumors about Sony not attending, and were planning to step up their own conference accordingly. If those sources are true, I would expect a pretty big blowout from MS at E3, they'll probably announce a couple more 1st/2nd party games than they originally planned to, and they'll probably make it at least a half an hour longer than they originally planned to, since they'll need to make room for more 3rd parties now that the 3rd parties who don't do their own conferences have no other stage to announce their games on during E3 (unless Sony decides to do a State of Play stream during E3 or something).

Makes sense.  I mean Microsoft and Sony are both launching new systems this year.  And PS4 is actually not that far ahead of XB1 in North American sales.  This is kind of Microsoft's opportunity to win back the NA market from Sony.  There are definitely a lot of NA customers that could easily switch back to Microsoft.

As for Nintendo, I would double the length of their normal E3 presentation and show off more of their third party and indie games coming out.  Normally their E3 presentation is 40-45 minutes.  They could put another 40 or so minutes of third party games in that pretty easily.  Switch gets more third party games each year than the last and it got over 1000 games last year.

Basically the time for Nintendo and Microsoft to fight the hardest is this year, because Sony is giving them an opportunity to screw up Sony's launch.  They might as well take it.

Hynad said:
yvanjean said:

I wonder what crap you and some others here said when Nintendo decided to stop having a conference a few years ago...

There a huge difference between not having a conference and skipping E3 all together. I think pre recorded show like Nintendo E3 direct is much better then a press conference. Last year Gears 5 montage on Microsoft stage was just a distraction and really added nothing to their presentation. I'd rather Microsoft would go with lots of pre recorded footage with a few appearance from the head of Microsoft. 

Fine by me, Sony didn't attend last year and it didn't hurt them. During this generation they've shown that their own events get enough attention, with the unveiling of the PS4 and the PS4 Pro, there are many other events to attend too. When they reveal the PS5, no matter where it is, people are going to know. Just look at how people are getting hyped at the idea of a February event. The truth is that Microsoft don't need E3 either, it may still be a huge event but it isn't as necessary as it used to be.