E3 sucks anyway. 2 2.15%

PSX please! 8 8.60%

State of Play is the superior format. 2 2.15%

PS5 cancelled confirmed. 4 4.30%

But LoD will be there, right? 2 2.15%

Don't have an opinion, but love polls. 2 2.15%

Total:93

E3 needs Sony more than Sony needs E3.

PlayStation meeting , Tokyo game Show and Gamescom is still on right?

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Around the Network

Another nail in the coffin for E3.

What a shame. Would have great to see Xbox and Playstation go compeititive in 1 event.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Expected with the latest rumors but the bummer is that they made no mention of having their own event around E3. Instead they seem to just plan to attend other events like PAX, TGS etc.

Shame. As a fan I look forward to console and game reveals in E3, and while you can make the argument that Sony doesnt need E3 and E3 itself is not what it used to be I think it remains as of today the single biggest gaming event - and arguably the best platform - to make a big reveal like the PS5 warrants. I still remember their E3 presentation of the PS4 and I thought it was fantastic. That they can do it in their own Direct any time they want doesnt get the same impact.

Around the Network

disappointing for us, and sad for E3. this is future though, and makes alot of sense.

Wow. I didn't see this coming at all. Well, I guess E3 is pretty much dead then. On the bright side we might get a full PS5 reveal before E3 happens. We did with PS4, so there that.

Bandorr said:
https://kotaku.com/with-ps5-on-the-way-sony-will-skip-e3-again-1840981612

“We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year,” a spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz."

So rumor has it Sony and ESA are not getting along. Whatever Sony wanted to do was not in line with what the ESA wanted.

Iirc there were E3 2020 leaks that the ESA is planning to turn E3 to more of a fan event like Gamescom. Sony might have disagreed with that.

Oh bummer . But that's the reality then

That's a weird decision... I thought they would reveal the PS5 at E3.

Well, guess I'll have to watch Microsoft and Nintendo then.