By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Switch pass Wii?

When will Switch pass Wii?

Holiday 2021 31 19.38%

Early 2022 12 7.50%

Mid 2022 14 8.75%

Holiday 2022 34 21.25%

Early 2023 15 9.38%

Mid 2023 10 6.25%

Holiday 2023 15 9.38%

2024 or later 6 3.75%

Never 23 14.38%

Total:160
d21lewis said:
What's with all the Will Smith threads lately?

They beat the will smash threads

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
What's with all the Will Smith threads lately?

LMAO that's what i thought but it's fun so don't ruin them, i'm waiting for the "when Switch will pass the PS2"

RolStoppable said:
November 2022.

Agreed, exactly what I was gonna say. Unless sales trends change unexpectedly for the Switch it should be close to Nov 2022.

2020 should get it over 70 million. 2021 will get it to 90 million or just under. So it should certainly easily take out the Wii in 2022, but it'll probably take most of the year to go from 90 to 100 million. Won't pass Wii until the big holiday weeks start, but since it should easily pass the Wii that year it'll be near the beginning of that holiday period. So I'm gonna narrow it to black friday week 2022.

October or November 2022 would be my guess.

I think it will take 3 more years at least. I may be wrong and would be happy to see it happen sooner. I would be unpleasantly surprised if it does not.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Nu-13 said:

My guess is early 2022. It should be just a little under the wii by the end of 2021.

So over 50 million in the next two years? That seems a bit far fetched.

curl-6 said:
Nu-13 said:

My guess is early 2022. It should be just a little under the wii by the end of 2021.

So over 50 million in the next two years? That seems a bit far fetched.

Maybe he counted the years wrong haha. Unless he thinks two ~24 million years in a row are incoming.

"Never" is the 2nd most popular response.

That many folks still think a system that's selling as fast as the PS4 is going to fall short of 101 million?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 January 2020

curl-6 said:

"Never" tied for 2nd most popular response.

That many folks still think a system that's selling as fast as the PS4 is going to fall short of 101 million?

People who still compare it to Nintendo console such as Wii, 3DS ecc clearly still don't understand that the sales trend of Switch is looking similar to a Playstation, it's been 3 years since launch so how can't them see this.

year one - 14.86 million
year two - 17.42 million
tear three ~ 20 million

and year 4 is looking to be similar to year 3, if not better. Usually Nintendo consoles peaked in the second year, 3DS even in it's first one...

curl-6 said:

"Never" tied for 2nd most popular response.

A system that's selling faster than, launches aligned, than ps4.... even after the ps4 next holiday season. I know... sony legs. I know... those have always been long... sexy legs. But here's the one thing no one mentions. This is the absolute FIRST TIME that Nintendo is sitting on a SINGLE PLATFORM. They have to extend the legs. And I believe they will. The switch is unlike any Nintendo system ever, in that it sits alone as their ONLY PLATFORM.  The switch will challenge the ps4 sales numbers. I absolutely guarantee it. I'm not saying this to you, sir, just saying this to all the naysayers in general. Save this comment, people. The switch WILL HAVE LONG LEGS.