Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reveals PS5 Logo

the-pi-guy said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

True, nowadays we don't expect such a reveal over at CES... However, when you start a show by talking about the Playstation, then giving figures about the playstation then having the big boss of Playstation America on stage, talking about playstation and the future of playstation, it causes a sudden big hype only to be let down when said big boss just walks out of the stage and you end up being like, wait, that was all? They just built the hype to just leave us hanging there?

So I'll stand by my original comment in this thread, Sony's CES com sucks!

It's literally how they started last year's CES.

Ok but last year the situation was different. It was NOT the year of the release of the PS5, Xbox had NOT YET shown Series X, rumors about the power of both systems were NOT as strong as they are right now. Perhaps Sony does not realize how close to launch we are? Or maybe they missed the surprise reveal of the Series X over at the Games Awards?

Ok I know it's not the end of the world but do you see a difference here: Microsoft surprise reveals the Series X by literally showing it in December 2019. Sony does not, then comes January, Sony has a show and... STILL does not reveal the PS5 or some specs, only speaks of general specs that we ALREADY know all about. It's a com issue that I'm tackling here, nothing more.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
No specs at all I see. Makes me think they're scrambling at the last minute to change something, especially after MS surprised everyone at the game awards.

MS didn’t reveal any tangible specs either. Are they also scrambling to change something?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
the-pi-guy said:

It's literally how they started last year's CES.

Ok but last year the situation was different. It was NOT the year of the release of the PS5, Xbox had NOT YET shown Series X, rumors about the power of both systems were NOT as strong as they are right now. Perhaps Sony does not realize how close to launch we are? Or maybe they missed the surprise reveal of the Series X over at the Games Awards?

Ok I know it's not the end of the world but do you see a difference here: Microsoft surprise reveals the Series X by literally showing it in December 2019. Sony does not, then comes January, Sony has a show and... STILL does not reveal the PS5 or some specs, only speaks of general specs that we ALREADY know all about. It's a com issue that I'm tackling here, nothing more.

It has been my thought for the past year and a half that Sony would be announcing PS5 very similar to PS4.  

Big showing of specs and games probably in February.  More games, price and box at E3.  

Sony has a lot of presentations to fill this year and I think with a new gen, they are going to want to show stuff on their time.  

Oh wow what an unexpected logo

You can tell the difference between the brand's powers. Just a logo has almost 5M likes on instagram after a little over a full day. The picture of the XBSX that came out almost a month ago is still shy of 1M.

Around the Network

I was a bit on the fence with this console based on what we've seen so far, but this just sealed a day 1 purchase.

Introducing the PS4 logo but now with more 5.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Introducing the PS4 logo but now with more 5.

Introducing a PlayStation brand logo.

Which in no case reduces the characteristics of the console or its potential.

Only the usual suspects are complaining or talking it down. Most others don’t care what the name or logo is. So long as the content is there.

This moment will define the net generation !!

Upside down S with a straight bar on top ... Truly the work of geniuses

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I mean, if it ain't broke...

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)