By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reveals PS5 Logo

Around the Network

Not too shabby! Was hoping for a glimpse of the console - hopefully not too much longer.

As a hardcore gamer the logo makes me feel manly. I can't wait to have manly experiences with my PS5.

No specs at all I see. Makes me think they're scrambling at the last minute to change something, especially after MS surprised everyone at the game awards.

the ultimate tease

Around the Network

It was nice getting those stats for the PS4, but I would have liked to get some more PS5 info. Even just a game demo of a 1st party title would have been nice. Oh well, guess we have to wait til Feb (most likely) for a PS5 event like the PS4 got.

Looks just like the PS4 logo.... its just a 5 now.

BraLoD said:
Yup, same font from PS3/PSV/PS4

Did you like just answered yourself?

Gonna miss the blue

Blood_Tears said:
No specs at all I see. Makes me think they're scrambling at the last minute to change something, especially after MS surprised everyone at the game awards.

That's one way to look at it and could possibly be the case. I'd also say, since PS are masters of building hype, and still believe in surprises, more so than their direct competition anyway, it wouldn't be surprising for PS to hold off until possibly E3, and then release them. 

If PS5 were more powerful now, it would give MS enough time to rethink their marketing, and would help them with any Lockhart decisions that need to be made yet. I doubt PS wants to make things easier for MS.

It also wouldn't hit as hard as if they wait. Pointing out that PS5 is more powerful than XBSX now would be a kick in the nuts to MS, but if SNY waited until E3, the building will erupt again like it did for PS4 and would be a knockout uppercut to the chin.

Problem is we'd probably never know whether it was strategy from PS, or buying time to increase performance slightly to take the crown.

Personally I think PS doesn't care as much about the performance crown, and would rather offer the best value option, being powerful enough. We'll see what happens though.