By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reveals PS5 Logo

Azzanation said:
EricHiggin said:

Sent my 'professional' redesign of their PS4 logo to them after it was revealed. They clearly weren't impressed based on their lack of response.

They'd probably be up another 10 million units if they had used this one me thinks...

Probably should have added some colour into it, mix it up alittle.

I probably would have, if I was a professional. 

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Azzanation said:

Probably should have added some colour into it, mix it up alittle.

I probably would have, if I was a professional. 

Kinda looks like PSV but the V fell over.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Does not need to be creative , it just needs to be clear what the product is and it does not get any clearer than this so well done Sony!!

Azzanation said:
Zombie9ers said: 

Seems like both companies are opting for the safe and boring Black and White universal shades.

At least Nintendo are still creative

Nintendo was like..... well we cant take black or white backgrounds.... those other guys already took them.
Mario is red..... lets use a red background!

That isnt creative, theres nothing in their logo thats really creative, or more so than the others in logo form.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Sony isn't trying anymore. Consoles were better when they were not a dull brand but something new each time.

This mythical time you speak of was never a thing, to begin with.

Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800

NES, Super NES, multiple Gameboys, multiple DS systems, two Wiis

Turbo Grafx, Super Grafx, PC-Fx

Cassette Vision, Super Cassette Vision

Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD

Intellivision I, II, III and IV, and others

Dozens of platforms named either Coleco Telstar or Odyssey...

Even Sega had Mark I, II, III and multiple Mega Drives and Master Systems.

To change the name of a successor console is far more unusual than the other way around.

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

Seems like both companies are opting for the safe and boring Black and White universal shades.

At least Nintendo are still creative

Nintendo was like..... well we cant take black or white backgrounds.... those other guys already took them.
Mario is red..... lets use a red background!

That isnt creative, theres nothing in their logo thats really creative, or more so than the others in logo form.

First of all...You are aware that the PS5 logo was revealed hours ago and this Xbox ONE logo is not the official one (the official has green in it) right? So no, when the switch logo was revealed, black or white were not "already taken".

Secondly, the Switch logo is very creative because it reminds the features of the console: detachable controllers.

It's even more creative with the sound it makes when you see it animated at the beginning of every trailer or advert. This sound reminds of the actual sound of the joy-con being reattached. It's genius communication: the logo reminds both the attached and the detached joy-con, which is the essence of the console.

EricHiggin said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Did Sony show off the PS4 during CES 2013?

They teased "see the future" around that time. Not sure if that teaser was originally from CES or not.

They announced the meeting a while later, and then revealed at the meeting in Feb, minus the physical console itself.

the teaser was afaik released via twitter at the very end of january 2013, 3 weeks prior to the event

Cocky and arrogant Sony and Jim Ryan. Sony fans should look forward to the PS5 Pro in 2022.

the-pi-guy said:
yvanjean said:
Cocky and arrogant Sony and Jim Ryan. Sony fans should look forward to the PS5 Pro in 2022.

1.) What.

2.) How is anyone being arrogant?

3.) No way is PS5 pro coming that quickly. 

1) Sony has a presence at CES 2020 and Sony says "the future is coming" at CES 2020. They have a dedicated segment on gaming at the conference and bring in Jim Ryan.

When Sony's Jim Ryan took the stage at CES to talk about PlayStation, plenty of fans couldn't help but hope for something related to the PS5. Ryan did, technically, deliver, as Ryan said: "I'm pleased to share with you today, for the first time... our new logo." 

2) Last generation featured mid generation refresh and many Sony and Xbox owners recently made the upgrade to the PS4 Pro and Xbox one X. So, we really don't know how the consumer will react this time around for the start of this new generation. Especially, if all the current gen game for PS5 & XBSX will most likely run on the old gen console for the foreseeable future. This should in theory lead to a slower upgrade to next gen especially when it come to the casual gamers. 

Sony arrogance:

Ryan stated that "as we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our [Sony's] tasks -- probably our main task -- is to take that community and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we've never delivered on before."

They have a press conference at CES where the focus is entirely on hardware and new tech and Sony is proud to announce their new Logo. 

3)My bad I meant to say Sony will announce the release of a PS5 Pro version in 2022. It's pretty clear that this is Sony new business model. I do think that Sony will have a PS5 Pro that will surpass the Xbox one Series X ready for Year 3 of the next generation.