By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Outlandish Rumor: Sony is in talks to purchase Zenimax and all owned studios

DonFerrari said:

So many small companies would benefit a lot from having a bigger budget while costing little to buy. Great games but with low visual that with Sony expertise would become AAA that could sell a lot.

@ several comments But it is funny that Sony couldn't be buying this in reaction to MS buying 6 studios, actually MS would need to react to this purchase buying even more studios. Then would Sony react again and buy more?

I agree that buying smaller companies be alot more benefits. For the price of Zenimax, that money can be used to purchase a dozen smaller talented studios.

I think the last thing Sony will want is a buy out competition with one of the wealthiest companies in the world. That can be a dangerous move.



Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

So many small companies would benefit a lot from having a bigger budget while costing little to buy. Great games but with low visual that with Sony expertise would become AAA that could sell a lot.

@ several comments But it is funny that Sony couldn't be buying this in reaction to MS buying 6 studios, actually MS would need to react to this purchase buying even more studios. Then would Sony react again and buy more?

I agree that buying smaller companies be alot more benefits. For the price of Zenimax, that money can be used to purchase a dozen smaller talented studios.

I think the last thing Sony will want is a buy out competition with one of the wealthiest companies in the world. That can be a dangerous move.

For 3 gens Sony have been receiving competition of this said company, why should they cower at this moment?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

For 3 gens Sony have been receiving competition of this said company, why should they cower at this moment?

Because once a company spends all there resources to keep up, they become extremly vulnerable.

They wont win the money war.



Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

For 3 gens Sony have been receiving competition of this said company, why should they cower at this moment?

Because once a company spends all there resources to keep up, they become extremly vulnerable.

They wont win the money war.

Yes we know. Please tell us how all the money of MS have won them any of the 3 gens.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Because once a company spends all there resources to keep up, they become extremly vulnerable.

They wont win the money war.

Yes we know. Please tell us how all the money of MS have won them any of the 3 gens.

You mean the money MS hasn't spent yet? How can I compare on what happen generations ago when it didn't happen? Were there buy out wars in the last 3 generations I wasn't aware of? Please explain. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 06 January 2020

Around the Network

Wasn't there a rumor where Zenimax were looking into selling some of their studios? I could see Sony buying a studio like Arcane Games/ ID Software but Zenimax as a whole feels extremely unlikely. Although, Sony did acquire EMI for a couple billion, so who knows what could happen.



Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes we know. Please tell us how all the money of MS have won them any of the 3 gens.

You mean the money MS hasn't spent yet? How can I compare on what happen generations ago when it didn't happen? Were there buy out wars in the last 3 generations I wasn't aware of? Please explain. 

Yes, sure the money MS burned on Xbox original (some claim 5B) and RROD (3B) were pocket change and MS didn't spent any. But every gen we get MS fans to claim MS will use their money to buy the win in that gen, never happened, never will.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:
Wasn't there a rumor where Zenimax were looking into selling some of their studios? I could see Sony buying a studio like Arcane Games/ ID Software but Zenimax as a whole feels extremely unlikely. Although, Sony did acquire EMI for a couple billion, so who knows what could happen.

Zenimax selling? I do think Sony picking up a studio makes sense whereas the whole of Zenimax doesn't.

As for EMI, Sony already owned a significant portion of the company so the jump to full ownership made sense.



DonFerrari said:

Yes, sure the money MS burned on Xbox original (some claim 5B) and RROD (3B) were pocket change and MS didn't spent any. But every gen we get MS fans to claim MS will use their money to buy the win in that gen, never happened, never will.

What YOU are talking about is completely different to what WE are suppose to be talking about so not sure if you are trying to spin this or grasping for straws but lets digress. Each company spends billions on RnD and Maintenence cost, what you brought up with MS, Sony also had there fair share of expenses. 

Now back to the original point, when did Sony and MS have a buy out war? Im still waiting on that answer.. dont worry i have plenty of time so please take your time.

My point is, you dont want to have a buy out war with a Mega corp big enough to buy there entire competitor out.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 08 January 2020

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, sure the money MS burned on Xbox original (some claim 5B) and RROD (3B) were pocket change and MS didn't spent any. But every gen we get MS fans to claim MS will use their money to buy the win in that gen, never happened, never will.

What YOU are talking about is completely different to what WE are suppose to be talking about so not sure if you are trying to spin this or grasping for straws but lets digress. Each company spends billions on RnD and Maintenence cost, what you brought up with MS, Sony also had there fair share of expenses. 

Now back to the original point, when did Sony and MS have a buy out war? Im still waiting on that answer.. dont worry i have plenty of time so please take your time.

My point is, you dont want to have a buy out war with a Mega corp big enough to buy there entire competitor out.

MS put 2.5B on Mohjang, bought like 5 studios past year and that won't make a dent on Sony. But still you believe MS will win the gen by spending like crazy just for the bragging rights.

Keep hoping that Sony should cower against MS.

Let's see MS buy their competitor, will wait for they to go and buy Sony and Nintendo as whole kkkkk. You asked for evidence of showing MS doing something I said they never did and never will so it seems you didn't really understand it.

About MS buying their way to success, they done a price war with X360 against PS3 and weren't able to prevent it from losing, they have been cheaper than PS4 as well for the entire gen except the first 6 months. MS can use as much money as they want, that isn't going to make they win "the war".

Sony may buy even EA and MS reply by buying Activision and that would still not make MS win. If buying "all their competition" would make MS win the war and make a lot of money they would have done it already.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."