The Last Of Us: Part II 7 35.00%

Ghost of Tsushima 1 5.00%

Crysis Remastered 0 0%

Black Ops: Cold War (Next... 0 0%

Demon's Souls 2 10.00%

Spider Man: Miles Morales (Next Gen only) 0 0%

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC only -... 9 45.00%

Total:20

Cyberpunk, and next gen systems all in one year. Sign me the fuck up. This gon' be good.

Around the Network

I'm not really expecting Cyberpunk to be in the contest. HDR implementation excluded.

Thus far I'm most looking forward to TLOU2 and Witchfire, visually - the latter of which I'm particularly curious about given its beautiful teaser but lack of footage since. Excited to see what next gen announcements will have in store for us. A Horizon 2 launch title would be nice.

What do you think the chances are of Star Citizen getting any sort of official launch this year?

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 01 January 2020

Tagging.

So far Doom eternal and The last of us 2 looks to be my favorite games this year, so I'll probably vote for either of those. My expectection is that Sony will have a PS5 exclusive game that will beat everything in graphics that no game can even come close to match, that includes PC.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

For now, we're gonna start discussing sure-fire visual showpieces set to launch this year! I'll start with what jumps right out...

- Control (exception due to no 2019 coverage + Steam release technicality).

- Final Fantasy VII Remake -PS4-
- DOOM Eternal
- Resident Evil 3
- The Last Of Us: Part II
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Death Stranding |PC|
- Ghost Of Tsushima
- Witchfire
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain

NEXT GEN
- Halo: Infinite

I mostly agree with your list, I'm more curious to see what November/December will have.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pic.twitter.com/5a54qMyl1R

PS4, Dreams - saw this on EG today.

What amazes me about this and Dreams is that nothing here is polygons and textures...I've read the full pdf last year about what they went through over the years to make their engine, and understood some of it (not much though to be honest), things like "signed distance fields and pointsplatting volumetric rendering" are above my current level of understanding, but this is something I'd like to see more of in the future and what I generally, for the lack of my own knowledge, put (most likely wrongly) into same category of voxel octrees and similar methods when I mention paradigm shifts in how visuals are done.

CGI-Quality said:
John2290 said:

So much jank though, the characters faces look like they are about to fall off at the best of times, like they are wearing printed masks to avoid facial recocognition and animations are so floaty. This games budget or deadline got shafted if anything got shafted. And we the gaming community got shafted by thr praise, the game reveals itself to be the turd it is by mid way and all the flaws just flow on out along with the boringness that has been there all along disguised as atmosphere. Disaster of a game but half decent as long as you don't finish it, tidy up the side quests instead once you have all the powers and call it a day. 

Eh, I'm enjoying it and think the faces are fine. Sure, it has some issues, but maxed out on a PC capable of doing the raytracing justice just makes for a pretty sweet experience!

Even when I played it on PS4 Pro it looked pretty damn good! Especially anything related to physics and particles.

Can't get exited by control. The RT on/off had a very platic doll feel to it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Gran Turismo 7, as a PS5 launch title with real-time ray-tracing on Polyphony Digital's next-gen engine

If this happens, what could beat that???