Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2020

Hello and Welcome ·

First, I'd like to congratulate Death Stranding for being VGC's Best Looking Game Of 2019! 

We're going to follow last year's New Edition Template, but with some polish and next gen sprinkles!

The way it works — provide me with a game you think could be a serious looker and technological pusher for 2020. What makes up the graphics? Physics? The technology behind these things will be much more at the forefront this year! Here is our own trasharmdsister: "For example, God of War used particles beautifully to bring its world to life and make it feel more fantastical and magicalAnd the quality was awesome. Really made me think we actually hit tech demo level from beginning of gen (That UE4 demo)."

Towards the end of months with at least 2 big graphical showcase releases, I'll have a poll with a few titles that released during that time. In it, there will be categories to choose from. All you have to do is vote for the game you think dominates one of the categories and I will add it to the table. The game with the most votes in a category will be nominated for that month. It will then face off against other games, in that particular category, at the end of the year. This will all depend on your votes, so get 'em out there! 

GUIDELINES ·

PARTICIPATION RULES

• MUST release in 2020. It can even have a placeholder date, but cannot be pegged for any other year
  • Preferably not a Remaster (Remakes are good)
  • Must follow a general consensus. So, news articles, site threads, etc. that have taken note of graphical details and tech
  • Can be from any of the main platforms (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One // PS5, Xbox Series)

CATEGORIES

• Best Animations
  • Best Art
  • Best Character Models
  • Best DLC/Mods
  • Best Effects (AA, GI, SSAO/HBAO+, SSR, etc...) 
  • Best Environments (Anisotropic Filtering, Texture Maps, etc...)
  • Best Graphics Tech Running @ 60fps (Consoles)
  • Best Physics
  • Best Use Of Ray Tracing
  • Best Looking Next Gen Game (Games Only On PS5 or Xbox Series + PC)
  • Overall Best Looking Game (End Of 2020)

Let's make this as fun as we can, since no opinion or viewpoint is wrong. Give feedback in any of the categories above, as well thought out responses! Remember, this thread doesn't have to be for you, but try to let those who want to participate enjoy what’s here!

By December 1, 2020, we will have a final 'Game of the Year' type of scenario, showing what games have been nominated throughout the year and then the finaleBEST LOOKING GAME IN 2020. At that point, everyone will nominate the best looking game from the 5 poll options. At the bottom of the OP, the Games Of The Month will be displayed, with the categories you choose from and the games chosen from a particular month! * NOTE * When posting pictures, try not to exceed 6 per post as to avoid clutter. Thanks guys!

CATEGORY JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUNE JULY
Animation         The Last Of Us: Part II Ghosts Of Tsushima
Art       Ghosts of Tsushima
Character Models  Control Final Fantasy VII: Remake Resident Evil 3 The Last Of Us: Part II Death Stranding (PC)
Effects  Control       The Last Of Us: Part II
Environments  Control Resident Evil 3 The Last Of US: Part II Ghosts of Tsushima
Graphics Tech (60fps On Console)        
Mods/DLC        
NEXT GEN Game
Physics  Control The Last Of Us: Part II Ghosts of Tsushima
Ray Tracing (PC)  Control      

GAMES OF THE MONTH

TBA

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 August 2020

Around the Network

For now, we're gonna start discussing sure-fire visual showpieces set to launch this year! I'll start with what jumps right out...

- Control (exception due to no 2019 coverage + Steam release technicality).

- Final Fantasy VII Remake -PS4-
- DOOM Eternal
- Resident Evil 3
- The Last Of Us: Part II
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Death Stranding |PC|
- Ghost Of Tsushima
- Witchfire
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain

NEXT GEN
- Halo: Infinite

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 January 2020

Cyberpunk, and next gen systems all in one year. Sign me the fuck up. This gon' be good.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 April 2020

I'm not really expecting Cyberpunk to be in the contest. HDR implementation excluded.

Around the Network

Thus far I'm most looking forward to TLOU2 and Witchfire, visually - the latter of which I'm particularly curious about given its beautiful teaser but lack of footage since. Excited to see what next gen announcements will have in store for us. A Horizon 2 launch title would be nice.

What do you think the chances are of Star Citizen getting any sort of official launch this year?

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 01 January 2020

TallSilhouette said:

Thus far I'm most looking forward to TLOU2 and Witchfire, visually - the latter of which I'm particularly curious about given its beautiful teaser but lack of footage since. Excited to see what next gen announcements will have in store for us. A Horizon 2 launch title would be nice.

What do you think the chances are of Star Citizen getting any sort of official launch this year?

Star Citizen is hard to predict. Each year I do these, it’s brought up and the outcome is the same. So, it’s a wait-and-see as usual.

Tagging.

So far Doom eternal and The last of us 2 looks to be my favorite games this year, so I'll probably vote for either of those. My expectection is that Sony will have a PS5 exclusive game that will beat everything in graphics that no game can even come close to match, that includes PC.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

CGI-Quality said:

For now, we're gonna start discussing sure-fire visual showpieces set to launch this year! I'll start with what jumps right out...

- Control (exception due to no 2019 coverage + Steam release technicality).

- Final Fantasy VII Remake -PS4-
- DOOM Eternal
- Resident Evil 3
- The Last Of Us: Part II
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Death Stranding |PC|
- Ghost Of Tsushima
- Witchfire
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain

NEXT GEN
- Halo: Infinite

I mostly agree with your list, I'm more curious to see what November/December will have.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994