By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2020



                                                                                                             

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 7, as a PS5 launch title with real-time ray-tracing on Polyphony Digital's next-gen engine

If this happens, what could beat that???



As expected, January was a quiet month. While Control made a marvelous first step, things haven't even begun to heat up! February promises to be another quiet month, while DOOM will get things going again in March, Final Fantasy VII:R on PS4 and RE3:R on PC making lots of noise in April, and then, I expect, the daddy of this part of the year (The Last Of Us: Pt. 2) to be 2020's best looker from May throughout most of the year leading to the next gen console launches.

So, as this is a massive year, we've not even begun to scratch the surface yet!



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
the daddy of this part of the year (The Last Of Us: Pt. 2) to be 2020's best looker from May throughout most of the year leading to the next gen console launches.

"the daddy"

She is certainly a beaut though.  

How long do we have to wait for ND on next gen!?  



the-pi-guy said:
CGI-Quality said:
the daddy of this part of the year (The Last Of Us: Pt. 2) to be 2020's best looker from May throughout most of the year leading to the next gen console launches.

"the daddy"

-gif

She is certainly a beaut though.  

How long do we have to wait for ND on next gen!?  

I can see a Naughty Dog title by 2022.



                                                                                                             

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

How long do we have to wait for ND on next gen!?  

Proper PS5 edition of TLOU2 in 2021, standalone MP game in 2021-2. New IP in 2023-4.



TallSilhouette said:
the-pi-guy said:

How long do we have to wait for ND on next gen!?  

Proper PS5 edition of TLOU2 in 2021, standalone MP game in 2021-2. New IP in 2023-4.

I doubt a new franchise release will take that long. I also don't expect a standalone multiplayer game to release before a new single-player title.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
TallSilhouette said:

Proper PS5 edition of TLOU2 in 2021, standalone MP game in 2021-2. New IP in 2023-4.

I doubt a new franchise release will take that long. I also don't expect a standalone multiplayer game to release before a new single-player title.

The MP game would be the one missing from TLOU2. 2 would be the new SP title.



TallSilhouette said:
CGI-Quality said:

I doubt a new franchise release will take that long. I also don't expect a standalone multiplayer game to release before a new single-player title.

The MP game would be the one missing from TLOU2. 2 would be the new SP title.

Worst case, a new game will hit, at the latest, around Spring 2023, but certainly not later. Not a mainline Naughty Dog game.



                                                                                                             

Best looking games so far that are upcoming are Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk imo they appear to have quite a fair amount going on.