Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2020

This game would have greatly benefited from raytracing, but still, I love Capcom's shader mixing applied that was absent from Resi2....

Around the Network

I take it you're using the game's SRGB mode, over Rec07, CGI?.

Chazore said:
I take it you're using the game's SRGB mode, over Rec07, CGI?.

The first few pics used the latter, then I switched back to the former when i realized that Rec is a little dark.

The RE Engine really handles all kinds of shaders/textures very well, but where RE3 exceeds even RE2 is skin, ground, and fire. They all look believable and tangible. Makes me shutter at the thought of this engine having all that extra console juice for the 9th gen and what the PC counterparts will look like! Graphics are about to take a very, very major leap forward!

CGI-Quality said:

The first few pics used the latter, then I switched back to the former when i realized that Rec is a little dark.

I managed to offset that via reshade, for RE2, but then I forgot about GForce Experience, so I could technically adjust for both, using a slight brightness increase. 

I prefer Rec, due to how it makes the overall lighting look, compared to SRGB, which looks a little muted and washed out for my tastes. 

Around the Network

Just thought I'd bring this to the table, since you were talking about RT earlier, CGI:

I know we've got the clip from the modder, but it'd be nice to see your take on the RT mod itself. Like if you'd go back to those areas you showed us screens of, but show us the difference with this RT mod, to show what it offers in terms of added detail.

With Resi3 and FFVII:R making their graphical rounds throughout April, The Dark Pictures: Little Hope has just been given a Summer release. As always with these games, it is the character models that are the stars of the show and Little Hop promises to be even more impressive than Man Of Medan on that front!

We got ourselves a big title coming in just a few days.

the-pi-guy said:
We got ourselves a big title coming in just a few days.

Might be the one game to rival Metro for me.

Digital Foundry discusses Ray tracing on PS5

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 17 June 2020