Black Ops: Cold War (Next... 0 0%

Demon's Souls 2 10.00%

Spider Man: Miles Morales (Next Gen only) 0 0%

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC only -... 9 45.00%

Total:20
CGI-Quality said:
the-pi-guy said:
The game looks insane.

Honestly think it looks better than quite a few of the next gen games.

Yeah, as far as this gen goes, especially the second half of the game, it has no equal. Can't believe it's current gen at times.

It looks so good that the gore it has often disturbs me to the point my mind seems to bring the emotional impact of it closer to real gore,i feel sympathy for those that have to develop it.

Besides that even the mud looks amazing!

Around the Network

It's impossible to hurry through Tlou2, so much to see. If you don't mind, a couple more screenies that (mostly) survived the LDR downgrade.

So well lit, prefect blending with the flashlight.

Not touching photo mode yet, but can take screenshots of Ellie without

Lighting!

This is why it will take me forever to get through this game...

Love the frantic action in between as well

The one thing that Naughty Dog does right is lighting. They have impeccable understanding of how to use shaders and materials correctly. Its amazing at how natural they can make a scene look in their games. This is especially apparent in Uncharted 4 and TLOU 2 takes it to another level. Also their excellent use DOF effects are a perfect blend and balance making it look so damn good most of the time.

While other games may be technically better, there isn't much that looks better in an overall package. Animation, character details, enviromental detail, foliage etc Red Dead Redemption on PC comes close to attention to detail, lighting and animation and is superior in some ways but its I gotta give it to what ND has achieved with such old hardware. I absolutely cannot wait to see what ND are capable with PS5.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 July 2020

Comparing the lighting Tlou2 is definitely ahead.

I would have like to have seen this area used more in the game though

Close up detail was pretty good, the packages always look supurb.

Looking forward for your comparison in native 4K :)

CGI-Quality said:
Nah, not even RDR2 on PC is quite as refined (and that is even a small step down from Metro: Exodus as it is). LOU Pt. II is on another level, especially the water!

I look forward to Death Stranding on PC though. That game's environments on PS4 were the absolute best until LOU Pt. II, so I look forward to being able to see them with better clarity to stick them beside Naughty Dog's work.

I'm happy we will get to see what these past exclusives can do on a PC,will be a great feed for your threads.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Nah, not even RDR2 on PC is quite as refined (and that is even a small step down from Metro: Exodus as it is). LOU Pt. II is on another level, especially the water!

I look forward to Death Stranding on PC though. That game's environments on PS4 were the absolute best until LOU Pt. II, so I look forward to being able to see them with better clarity to stick them beside Naughty Dog's work.

Maybe, its almost there though and its physics and contextual animations are damn impressive. The texture details are so good for the scale of the game. And there's so much going on including simulation in an open world (including weather) that makes it even more impressive.

Metro is good, but character models and animation is not up there and stuff like textures are not consistent as the latter. Granted it is very pretty graphically in most aspects is not as well polished (which is not a surprise considering the size and budget of dev teams). Like the visual effects like DoF and general lighting look more natural and mixed in with natural motion blur with RDR2 and TLOU2. Though with RT and more detailed textures in most areas and geometry it can look better in some ways and some levels. I just think the latter two are more up there in terms of overall package.

Yeah the Decima engine is decent. I've not played Death Stranding but it does look good.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 July 2020

hinch said:
CGI-Quality said:

Maybe, its almost there though and its physics and contextual animations are damn impressive. The texture details are so good for the scale of the game. And there's so much going on including simulation going on in an open world (including weather) that makes it even more impressive.

Metro is good, but character models and animation is not up there and is not as stuff like textures are not consistent as the latter. Granted it is very pretty graphically in most aspects is not as well polished (which is not a surprise considering the size and budget of dev teams). Though with RT and more detailed textures in most areas and geometry it can look better in some ways and some levels. I just think the latter two are more up there in terms of overall package.

Yeah the Decima engine is decent. I've not played Death Stranding but it does look good.

Looks great on PC!

Both RDR2 and Death stranding inspired me to make videos from them. RDR2 for time lapse, Death stranding for zip lines.
I would love to see some zip line action from the PC without the blur effect and limited 1080p ps4 pro capture.

Gameplay and landscapes from the amazing Death Stranding

0:00 "Asylums for the feeeling feat, Leila Adu" Silent Poets Zip line travel from the South West corner of the map to Lake not City
7:03 Mule road rage
9:20 "Patience", Low Roar, Typical getting stuck
11:06 Mega delivery, 25 orders completed in one, full truck
12:43 Mini boss fight at South Knot City Ruins
14:36 "Anything you need" Low Roar Most complicated delivery and pick up at Chiral Artist, took over 10 minutes real time.
16:43 Mega corpse delivery, 12 bodies cremated
17:45 Mini boss fight at Factory ruins
20:20 "Ghost", Alan Walker & Au/Ra More zip lines with the best sights including the waterfall and threading the needle
23:15 "Bones", Low Roar, Zip lines continued at the Weather Station
24:45 Mini boss fight North of Mountain Knot City
28:35 "Waiting (10 Years)" Low Roar, Snow traversal, snow boarding and longest tumble
32:45 Everything for nothing
33:30 End credits on Sam's beach

RDR2 Timelapse 1

RDR2 Timelapse 2

RDR2 Journey down Dakota river

Nice! These kinda of videos are making me want to consider double dipping on PC lol.

Also, less than a week to go Death Stranding on PC. Will have to give it a try once I complete FF7 Remake.

hinch said:
Nice! Kinda making me consider double dipping on PC lol.

Also, less than a week to Death Stranding. Will have to give it a try once I complete FF7 Remake.

Awesome,let us know what you think about it when you play it please.

I personally loved it,it was a bit weird but a good experience.

I started up Uncharted Lost Legacy the other day (had not played it yet) and while it looks great as well (lot of people walking around) the lighting feels a generation behind Tlou2. Different engine I guess?

Some more crappy gifs (I need a better converter) playing with the light

Looks so nice in HDR, door open, door closed, door open, door closed lol.

It's no truly dynamic though, there are only a few parts in the game where you can let light in like that or turn the lights on. Sadly most of the curtains are firmly fixed in place. For example I would love to be able to mess around with the curtains here

Killzone Shadow fall actually had a level where you could shoot out panels to flood the room with light. Looked great.

However ambient light level and color changing with the flash light stays amazing

It's a shame all video capture on ps4 pro gets (poorly) converted to LDR.

More light