By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft requires indie developers to support xCloud if they want to release on Xbox.

Fair, Imo. Microsoft wants you to be able to stream games that you own, it's a pro-consumer requirement, if I own something I should be able to stream it, I've seen some reacting negatively then I see actually developers also saying it's fair. Requires no extra cost/work from the developer, all they have to do is flip a switch, makes their work more accessible, it's hardly any different from how you can't release a game that only supports Series S or Series X, xCloud is another entry in the Xbox ecosystem and you own the rights to play it through the different Xbox platforms.

Really, it only hurts double dipping potential and Idk how big double dipping is anyway overall, plus xCloud is far from a mass adoption anyway and maybe never will be cause native ports just simply run better and don't rely on your internet being perfect at all times.

Epic being whiny and trying to create an issue where there is none, why is Xbox siding with them again? Man if Epic doesn't want to allow for xCloud with their indie partners then I hope Microsoft never ports their games to EGS

This actually steps on a sore toe for me: I am banking on playing online MSFT games through Xcloud if certain games aren't in there. If there are, I would just groan and not bother with it. I get the whole "stream everything you own", but that should be separate and only use xCloud as an API. Like, those games aren't available per se on xCloud, but you can download and stream them normally. 

If not, then I can only hope MSFT does port to the actual EGS and I can play it without entering the Xbox ecosystem (except for the online multiplayer/matchmaking). 

I also hate when companies set terms: I give you my game, allow you to profit from it and even promote it so your platform gets more visibility. If I'd known you'd use force I wouldn't have come. 

Welp, there goes any hope of saving Xbox development for the stuff on my side. Every day ended up making it more tenuous and if this is true, non-freaking starter. 

Also, I'm officially on Epic's side firmly now: pry them open, all if you must. 

Around the Network

Is Doom Eternal really that hard?

What's this you say? Game "journalists" are still terrible at their jobs? Couldn't be

I hope that not every project that XGS greenlit is going to be multiplayer focused, wonder who is making Typhoon though Avalanche, Crytek, Sumo?

After having my Series X since launch, I just figured out today that quick resume works from an external HHD. I've been moving games back and forth thinking these needed to be running off the internal for it to work. I also thought for some reason FPS boosted games needed to be on the internal as well. This changes everything lol.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

I hope that not every project that XGS greenlit is going to be multiplayer focused, wonder who is making Typhoon though Avalanche, Crytek, Sumo?

From the rumored XGSP titles it looks like it, but certainly not everything will be that way. There is Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, Psychonauts 2, Compusion's next game is likely single player, and numerous RPG's like Avowed, Fable, Starfield, ES6, FO5, Outer Worlds 2, and Inxile next game will all be single player focused. 

Can't say I share this belief that MS needs to go out of their way to make sure they're producing more singleplayer only games. I love single player games, but at the end of the day, I play them nowhere nearly as much as I play games with some form of multiplayer. A good game I can play with my friends is by default better than a good game I have to play alone.

Ryuu96 said:

I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to say with your first point, how will you play Microsoft games through xCloud if they aren't on xCloud? The entire purpose of xCloud and Microsoft's goal with it is to enable you to be able to stream the titles that you own wherever you want, through xCloud. xCloud has nothing to do with matchmaking, that's Xbox Live.

Also, setting terms is like the most common thing in the industry, every company sets terms, including Epic Games Store, even in this leaflet we can see that Epic is not allowing partners to support xCloud "Amend our agreements to allow for xCloud"

It's not being forced into anything and the terms are very clear, this is also from Epic's perspective who are whiny as hell lately and trying to make everyone else seem like the bad guy so I wouldn't be surprised if it's even less of an issue than Epic is making it out to be, although, I don't think it's an issue, it's consumer friendly, there's no downside for the developers except double dipping potential is hurt a little.

Totally agree. Not sure how MS can be seen as some bad guys in a situation when they are giving players more freedom and choice in how they play games. It's Epic who always uses shitty money hat tactics to force PC players into their crappy store that nobody is willing to use without "exclusive" games and them being so mad that MS offers a choice for PC players to bypass the need to go to EGS via xCloud. (Exactly what this leaked info is about). Epic so mad that they spent hundreds of millions on "exclusivity" and MS finding workarounds to eliminate it. Maybe Epic should try to make a better store and a fair competition first instead.

jason1637 said:

Is Doom Eternal really that hard?

Not really. Base game is not that hard even on gamepad. I guess I've beaten it on "Hurt Me Plenty" or whatever the third out of 5 difficulty levels was called. DLC is another story though. Especially the first one. Had to switch to easiest difficulty in the end. Still, going with easiest difficulty should make the game a walk in the park.

EspadaGrim said:

Last news are definitely a bit disappointing. Not liking this direction that MS is banking heavy on multiplayer games, because all modern multiplayer games are just cheap and uninspired quick cash grabs with no soul put into them. I'd rather see MS going more creative direction instead of pure business. We have enough of shitty "business" companies in gaming industry already, like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. Don't really wanna see XGS among them.

smroadkill15 said:

After having my Series X since launch, I just figured out today that quick resume works from an external HHD. I've been moving games back and forth thinking these needed to be running off the internal for it to work. I also thought for some reason FPS boosted games needed to be on the internal as well. This changes everything lol.

Should be no difference between where you run your game from. The Quick Resume suspends you game RAM snapshot to already allocated space on internal SSD I think no matter if it is launched from SSD or some external HDD.

shikamaru317 said:

All 4 2nd party AAA's multiplayer? Yikes. When is Microsoft going to get it through their heads that we need more AAA singleplayer games? Some multiplayer is fine, but Xbox's exclusive lineup does not have quite enough AAA singleplayer only games imo.

Multiplayer only or mainly multiplayer focused

• Project Dragon
  • Project Typhoon
  • AAA 2nd party project #3
  • AAA 2nd party project #4
  • Everwild (most likely)
  • Zenimax Online new game #1
  • Zenimax Online new game #2
  • Bethesda Game Studios Austin new game
  • Sea of Thieves ongoing support
  • Grounded

Singleplayer and Multiplayer

• Forza Horizon 5
  • Forza Motorsport reboot
  • Halo Infinite
  • Gears 6
  • Perfect Dark (rumored multiplayer mode or multiplayer integration)
  • State of Decay 3
  • Arkane Austin new IP (job listings for Online positions)
  • Possibly Wolfenstein 3 and/or Indiana Jones (job listings for Online positions)
  • Age of Empires 4

Singleplayer Only

• Starfield
  • TES 6
  • Next id Software game
  • Fable
  • inXile AAA
  • inXile AA
  • Hellblade 2
  • Project Mara
  • Tango next game
  • Compulsion next game
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Avowed

I only count 9 AAA singleplayer games in development at Xbox right now, and that is if you count Hellblade 2 as AAA, which is questionable for some, due to the team size and reported game length they are aiming for (the devs call it AAA at least). They certainly have less singleplayer only games coming than Sony do, in spite of having alot more studios and teams. 

Crossed out the games that I suppose that are quite likely to have some form of multiplayer component. I wouldn't be so sure that they are single player only.

Hopefully we get more details about the Coalitions new IP from the XboxEra podcast since Shpeshal_Ed was the first one to leak that they were working on a new project outside from Gears.