By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Alright, some questions for some Mass Effect Veterans from this Mass Effect noob:

-How many of these trophies appear to be missable on a single playthrough, other than the insanity difficulty ones of course? I see a few that look missable personally, but want to confirm

-On those miscellaneous power use achievements across all 3 games, like the 25 Biotic Barrier and 25 Sabotage achievements in ME1, do you have to do those yourself, forcing you into certain class builds, or does it count the uses of your squadmates abilities too? Do any of the 3 Mass Effect games have a respec ability so that you can change classes and unlock all of these in one playthough?

3rd question is below and has some minor spoilers:

Spoiler!
-I noticed there is an achievement for romancing a companion in all 3 games. However, it's my understanding that the ability to romance Garrus and Tali wasn't added until the 2nd game. Does this mean that you will be forced to romance Ashley, Kaidan, or Liara in Mass Effect 1, and then cheat on them in Mass Effect 2 (resulting in the ME1 companions picture turned face down on Sheppard's desk and making them hostile in Mass Effect 3), if you want to romance a Mass Effect 2 companion? Bit of a poor design if that is the case, they really should have added Garrus and Tali romance to ME1 for this remaster, so that you could romance them in all 3 games. 

1. Barely anything there will be missable, aside from completing a certain amount of missions with X character (but even these are far more forgiving than they used to be in ME1), and using X ability so and so many time, which.....

2. You will probably have to use those abilities yourself. Certainly, that was originally the case in ME1, and unless they've changed it, which we can't really know atm, plus it being such a low number anyway, that's likely still the case. You can respec in all the ME games, but you can't change classes. Your class is whatever you pick at the start of each game.

3. Yes, if you want all 3 of those achievements, you will have to romance somebody in ME1 that isn't necessarily who you'll want to romance moving forward.

Spoiler!
In terms of them being hostile to you in ME3, as I recall, that has very little to do with you "cheating" on them in ME2. You can pretty much make a clean break with Liara, as I recall, and she won't really hold it against you much. Ashley/Kaiden end up rather sus of you - at least for a while - regardless, because of your connection to Cerberus. The romance dimension is just kind of extra.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

1. Barely anything there will be missable, aside from completing a certain amount of missions with X character (but even these are far more forgiving than they used to be in ME1), and using X ability so and so many time, which.....

2. You will probably have to use those abilities yourself. Certainly, that was originally the case in ME1, and unless they've changed it, which we can't really know atm, plus it being such a low number anyway, that's likely still the case. You can respec in all the ME games, but you can't change classes. Your class is whatever you pick at the start of each game.

3. Yes, if you want all 3 of those achievements, you will have to romance somebody in ME1 that isn't necessarily who you'll want to romance moving forward.

Spoiler!
In terms of them being hostile to you in ME3, as I recall, that has very little to do with you "cheating" on them in ME2. You can pretty much make a clean break with Liara, as I recall, and she won't really hold it against you much. Ashley/Kaiden end up rather sus of you - at least for a while - regardless, because of your connection to Cerberus. The romance dimension is just kind of extra.

1. Good to know. Yeah, those were the ones I thought looked missable, since there is a set number of missions, but since it's only 5 missions per squadmate, and you can have 2 squadmates with you at once, and there are only 6 squadmates in ME1, those should be easily doable. How about the "ME1: Use Charm or Intimidate to resolve an impossible situation" achievement? That one sounds missable to me, though as long as you remember that you need to use the charm or intimidate dialogue option there it shouldn't be a problem.

2. Not all classes have access to all powers, correct? So if you can only respec within class, you won't be able to get all miscellaneous power usage achievements in one playthrough, especially in ME1, which seems to have the most of those miscellaneous power usage achievements. For instance, I see that Mass Effect 2 has one for catching enemies on fire, but only 4 of the 6 classes get a power with incendiary, 2 get incendiary ammo power and 2 get incenerate power. So that would technically make getting all of these power usage achievements on a single playthrough impossible I guess, unless your squadmate powers count. Hopefully they added that for the remaster. 

Spoiler!
3. A bit disappointing that the game would make you cheat on a companion to get an achievement, but I guess I can live with that. I sure as heck am not sticking with Ashley or Kaidan for all 3 games, I hear they are both super annoying, lol. I guess I could go with Liara, but I really want to romance Tali on my first playthrough, so I guess I will be cheating on Ashley or Liara to do so. 

1. That chievo is for using charm/intimidate in the final conversation with the game's antagonist. As long as you are committed to continuously putting points into either the paragon or renegade skill tree (ME1 is the only game in the trilogy that had this), you'll be fine.

2. No, not all classes get access to all powers, so unless they count your teammates' ability usage, you'll have to at least dabble in some different playthroughs. Again though, the requirements are so low, it would be super easy to knock out quickly if that's all you wanna do. 

Spoiler!

It's not really cheating if you don't want it to be. None of the new relationships in ME2 really take off until late in the game, and by that point you've already encountered any potential love interest from the first game and had a chance to basically tell them off. As for Kaiden and Ashley being annoying...I honestly would disagree. Kaiden is a bit on the boring side, especially as far as ME characters go, but certainly not annoying. Ashley is a good character, who sometimes gets falsely labeled as xenophobic by some ME fans. In truth, she's basically female Shepard, except not, cus you're not playing her.

Most of the hate for Kaiden and Ashley probably comes from their reaction to you in ME2, but given the history of Cerberus activities, and what happens to Shepard at the start of ME2, it's perfectly reasonable they would be incredibly sceptical towards Shepard at that point.

EspadaGrim said:

So for whatever reason Sega decides to release Judgement only on Series S/X but is releasing the sequel on Xbox One such a weird move.

Lost Judgement is sequel is it not.  In the new trailer it says SeriesX/S and Xbox one.

shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

Lost Judgement is sequel is it not.  In the new trailer it says SeriesX/S and Xbox one.

Correct. The Judgment 1 remaster skipped Xbox One, and now the sequel, Lost Judgment, is full cross-gen. 

To be fair Judgement remaster isn't non PS4 either. The issue is that Sega probably decided not to go back to original PS4 game and not bring it to other platforms for some reason. And as for remaster, maybe they have some issues porting it to older hardware, who knows? There is still chance that they might end up porting the remaster to past gen consoles a bit later

Around the Network

new update for FH4 just popped up. Probably a hotfix for the splash screen issue.

Jeff Grubb is now saying that the Coalition is definitely not working on a Star Wars game but that he thinks Xbox is still trying to get a first party exclusive Star Wars game in some form. So that means their 3rd game is much more likely to be a new IP again. 

timestamp is 50:10 

If Phil gets FFVIIR on gamepass, I'll forgive it for being late lol

BGS Austin is hiring for a unannounced game, Fallout 5 or Star Wars? https://gamejobs.co/Server-Engineer-at-Zenimax-3454

Ryuu96 said:

New IP for The Coalition is cool, I think Gears is great but I feel like they're really restricted with what they can do with it, even more-so than Halo. Gears 5 was great but I felt that The Coalition were slightly afraid to go 100% in some of their new ideas, with a new IP they can just go crazy doing their own thing, how they want to, with that amazing Unreal Engine team.

I agree, said it many times they should either go all-in with new ideas or more traditional, linear style. Gears 5 was a mess imo, all new ideas were half-baked.

Considering Hivebusters was pretty, prettyy good I'd say latter would be the way to go. So yeah, they should try new ideas with new IP.