By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

Just beat Dragon Quest XI S. At least according to the game itself. I know there's plenty of post-game story content so I'm not done with it just yet.

Because of that, I'm not going into full review mode.

Took me 41 hours (first act was cleared after ~25 hours). While the 2nd act was very enjoyable, I prefer the 1st act. You basically revisit all the same places from the first act with some previously inaccessible dungeons, but there aren't any more villages/cities to discover (except for one in the mountains). The game forces you to play with different team members here and there which is good for variety's sake.

What about the third act? Technically it is a fake end credits but I can see why you stopped :).

I literally said that I'm not done with the game. Already played two more hours after the "end".

Around the Network
Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

What about the third act? Technically it is a fake end credits but I can see why you stopped :).

I literally said that I'm not done with the game. Already played two more hours after the "end".

Read it as 'You know you are not done with it yet but will stop' =p.

I completed DQ12 S on switch well the first 2 acts anyway . I stopped about 2 hours into the 3rd act because I didn't like where they were going with it

I really hope Gears will get a rest anytime soon. At least when I look at Steam (Gears 5 for 10 bucks) or Gamepass on PC people just don't care about it even with the Hivebusters release. And Gears Tactics doesn't even have 100k sales on Steam...

Sea of Thieves, The MCC and some other MS games always manage to get a decent spot in the best sellers list but Gears is just "dead" at least on PC.

If it's still super popular on console then keep releasing Gears games, though. 

crissindahouse said:

I really hope Gears will get a rest anytime soon. At least when I look at Steam (Gears 5 for 10 bucks) or Gamepass on PC people just don't care about it even with the Hivebusters release. And Gears Tactics doesn't even have 100k sales on Steam...

Sea of Thieves, The MCC and some other MS games always manage to get a decent spot in the best sellers list but Gears is just "dead" at least on PC.

Gears 5 is pretty damn great these days but I guess they butchered the first 6 months too badly. And I suppose it's a game that doesn't play so well with keyboard and mouse.

I hope they'd just keep supporting Gears 5 and start working on new IP as well. I'd take Overrun on Gears 5 over Gears 6 any day!

Surely 100k copies sold on Steam wouldn't be too bad for Tactics?

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
crissindahouse said:

Gears 5 is pretty damn great these days but I guess they butchered the first 6 months too badly. And I suppose it's a game that doesn't play so well with keyboard and mouse.

I hope they'd just keep supporting Gears 5 and start working on new IP as well. I'd take Overrun on Gears 5 over Gears 6 any day!

Surely 100k copies sold on Steam wouldn't be too bad for Tactics?

With how big Steam is I don't think 50-100k is good. I really like the franchise but from all of MS's IPs I think this one should get some break. 

I also don't think M+K is the reason. There are lot of PC players also use a controller for many games and something like Nier is very successful. 

I really don't know the situation on Xbox consoles since I am PC only for some time now but if the situation on console is also not that great then it wouldn't hurt to release another game between Gears releases.  

Ryuu96 said:

Tracking sales as a measure of success is kind of pointless now, Gears Tactics was only created thanks to Game Pass, they knew the sales wouldn't be big but the only question that needs asking now is how well it does for/on Game Pass?

Gears 5 is ahead of Sea of Thieves and MCC in "Most Played" for US.

They should take their time with Gears 6 though, no need to rush it out now thanks to the acquisitions, also no Rod who is a lover of crunch, they should take as long as possible, Gears 5 apparently had a lot cut from it so go all out with Gears 6 in some huge story.

The other MS games are also on Steam so that I can compare them in my opinion. If every MS IP would suck on Steam I would just think everyone has Gamepass for PC but look at how good gams like Sea of Thieves or The MCC do on Steam. Or Grounded...Flight Simulator and so on... Right now SoT and The MCC are number 3 and 11 on Steam. Gears 5 for 10 bucks? Can't even find it... playercount for Gears 5 and Gears tactics is 2k and 500... even game number 100 in the concurrent player list has almost 10k right now. Gears 5 may not even be in the top 300

Ryuu96 said:
crissindahouse said:

The other MS games are also on Steam so that I can compare them in my opinion. If every MS IP would suck on Steam I would just think everyone has Gamepass for PC but look at how good gams like Sea of Thieves or The MCC do on Steam. Or Grounded...Flight Simulator and so on... Right now SoT and The MCC are number 3 and 11 on Steam. Gears 5 for 10 bucks? Can't even find it... playercount for Gears 5 and Gears tactics is 2k and 500... even game number 100 in the concurrent player list has almost 10k right now. 

Well, I'm just saying, if Gears is doing well on Game Pass then Microsoft likely doesn't care about the Steam sales, that's just an added bonus to certain titles. Sea of Thieves and Grounded doing well on Steam was fairly obvious due to the type of games they are, these multiplayer focused, very stream-able titles, typically do very well on PC.

But then, we don't know how well they've even sold do we? I mean we don't have hard numbers, where is your Gears Tactics number coming from? And how do similar titles in the genre sell?

Flight Simulator is players too, not sure how well the sales are.

Seems Gears 5 isn't doing well on Steam but it is doing well on Xbox, Gears Tactics having low player-count isn't really a surprise either, it's a single-player focused title, more on the niche side and has been released for 8 months. Microsoft themselves didn't expect good sales and it wouldn't has existed without Game Pass.

In my opinion Gears 5 just isn't big on PC at all for what it is (an AAA game with multiplayer and even co-op campaign) 

Gears Tactics is just singleplayer but what are hundreds of other games which more people play every day? They aren't all multiplayer games.

If it's still very successful on console then keep releasing Gears games. I'm just talking about what I see on PC and I don't think it would hurt to give this franchise a break instead of releasing even more games in different genres. I think the aim of a big studio like The Coalition should be to release big sellers and not games which do "just fine" compared to other games. And not sure if the next Gears will be such a big hit. 

Yeah I'm not impressed by Flight Simulator numbers either. Even when they say it had the fastest launch, 2m players isn't really that much considering it's a 90+ Metascore game and on Game Pass for PC. Seems pretty niche still.
Steam Spy estimates sales between 200k and 500k, so the vast majority of the userbase isn't playing it on Steam. Therefore I'm not worried about Gears Tactics. It could still easily have over a million players on Game Pass (PC+console),

Ryuu96 said:

Sea of Thieves won't stop.

It's funny SoT is getting a player counter before Halo and Gears...

I've seen here that Sea of Thieves passes 15 million players since launch - Xbox Wire

- 1 million steam sales in first month, during which 3.3million players played (June 2020)

Judging in terms of peak players etc. it looks like this week's amazing ranking has a lot to to with the 50% discount over the Christmas period. Even so, outselling Hades and GTA V is madness. Also what is Raft i've legit never heard of it.