By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Obsidian currently has 6 projects in development it seems, with 229 staff on LinkedIn:

1. Megan Starks (The Outer Worlds DLC #2)
  2. Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (unknown project, probably Outer Worlds 2, but there is also a possibility that MS has worked out some deal for them to develop a Fallout game now that MS is acquiring Bethesda and the Fallout IP)
  3. Josh Sawyer (small project codenamed Missouri)
  4. Adam Brennecke (Grounded)
  5. Brandon Adler (reportedly working on a new game in an established Obsidian IP)
  6. Chris Parker (Avowed)

Hope that Obsidian decide to revive Stormlands at some point.

Around the Network

Hmm, I wonder what the established ip is...

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Hope that Obsidian decide to revive Stormlands at some point.

Stormlands definitely had potential. AAA 3rd person action RPG, with combat likened to Witcher 2, and a companion system. World filled with giant storms that affect the magic you could use. Giant raid bosses that could appear in your singleplayer world, with seamless 40 man raid matchmaking happening as you approached the giant boss. Looked pretty good too, considering the demo Obsidian presented to Microsoft was running on Xbox 360 on the old Onyx engine:

No idea what Mattrick was thinking when he cancelled it. He sure was a shit leader, he totally ruined Xbox One's early years with bad decision after bad decision.

MS forced the Multiplayer on them and the demands were crazy and unrealistic, then they canned the game.

Such a dumb choice since it would have helped both sides if this game came out as a single player only title, MS could have also potentially gotten The Outer Worlds greenlit a lot earlier which would have meant more exclusives for the Console.

Ryuu96 said:

The more praise I see for Hivebusters, especially on the graphics side (Marty Silva calling it one of the best looking next gen titles for example) the more I question WTF Microsoft marketing was doing

Had a graphics problem, had a gameplay problem, barely advertise the game that showcases SX's graphical potential. Microsoft desperately needs to revamp their marketing.

Yeah MS hiring the former Netflix marketing executive seems to have been a bust.

Tim shafer is busy, he also did a noclip video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8pgNUkjrYA

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Merry Christmas Xbots! Enjoy!

*Happy Holidays 

we gotta be PC :) anyways hope everyone has a good one! 

Watching the Noclip doc on the Outer Worlds makes me excited for the 2nd game, with MS not forcing strict release dates I 100% believe that it will be a bigger game than the original without having to expand the current team that they have.

So Gal Gun is not coming to Xbox after all.

I wonder if it has something to do with censorship or just they decided not to bother with Xbox in the end. There is some explanation in Japanese, but I can't read it

derpysquirtle64 said:

I wonder if it has something to do with censorship or just they decided not to bother with Xbox in the end. There is some explanation in Japanese, but I can't read it

Barozi said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

So, almost right on point with Google Translate via camera:

https://imgur.com/pBIrRIS

And as I expected, the reason of dropping Xbox One version is the censorship policy. A shame.

Tbh, the worst thing about this situation is that Microsoft should have just said no in the beginning like Sony did. Devs spent their time and resources to make an Xbox One version of the game just for it not to be approved at the last second when they sent the final build on review. It's not a good way to treat developers like this, but something tells me that Microsoft probably just didn't pay attention to what exactly this game is.

Last edited by derpysquirtle64 - on 25 December 2020