By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If anyone's curious to know, the real-world location of Night City in Cyberpunk 2077 is on top of where Morro Bay, California is meant to be.

(Non-spoilers) apparently Morro Bay in 1994 was run down and all but abandoned, so a rich Corpo guy started an ambitious new project to build the city of his dreams over the land. Hence our fictional game world of Night City, though many real-world locations still exist in the actual universe.

Around the Network

In going with the Initiative or the AAA published game

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Low: Hellblade 2 gameplay

Medium: the initiative game reveal

High: New game from a new studio purchased ends with “Now joining Xbox studios”

Who would watch TGA when you could be playing Cyberpunk

I dont really like Naughty Dogs games so all the rumors about The Initiative being Xbox's answer to ND made me lose interest. But if the new rumors are true i'm back on the hype train!!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Me since I’m not getting cyberpunk at launch lol

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah, the Cyberpunk delay is really going to hurt The Game Awards viewership this year I think. It's airing the same day Cyberpunk releases, and people who ordered physical online will have their copies show up at their door just a couple of hours before the awards start, so people will have just got it installed and be wanting to play it instead of watching the awards. 

Preloading the game early next week and going to play as much as I can during my free time, especially launch day. I'll definitely check out the trailers but won't be watching live like the previous years.

The Initiative rumors actually have me excited. Imagine a very focused 3rd person narrative games in the vein of Remedy titles, roughly 5 hours long, each episode is a different story in the world, and releasing every 1-2 years. I honestly would rather have that than 4-5 years between each game.

Speaking of Cyberpunk it looks like there is a 60fps mode on the PS5/XBSX.

It's ok if the The Initiative's games will be shorter but release in a shorter time frame instead but please blow people away graphically. When you advertised your console so much mentioning the power then especially the games of your own studios need to use that power.