By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, hope Microsoft manages to convince Mikami to stick around, apparently M-Two was formed with the intention of Mikami leaving Tango to join Minami, hence it being called M-Two, it is still called M-Two, Mikami refused because he wanted to finish Ghostwire but who knows, he might be intending on leaving after Ghostwire...Would be a pretty poor look if Mikami leaves immediately after Microsoft acquires them.

Yeah that would be a bad look, I can honestly see Ghostwire flopping both critically and commercially so that would give him another reason to leave. Hopefully the MS financial security and creative freedom that they allow will be enough for him to stay.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
ironmanDX said:

So, is anyone considering downloading the emulation for older consoles like ps1&2, DS, Gamecube on their Series X/S?

Seems like it's a bit lengthy to do but not all that difficult.

Tried it on One X already in the past. It's not lengthy actually. But yeah, loading into dev mode takes almost 5 minutes on One X so it was too much of a hassle. At least Series X has SSD so it shouldn't be a problem.

InkIt said:

Atlus is officially on everything but xbox territory, not sure what kind of moves Phil Spencer is doing with them, but sure feels like he didn't even try with Atlus.

P5S leaked for steam day 1 and supposedly the SMT remake/remaster also got steam on the game code but no xbox. It's not a good sign, Xbox head needs to move asap, no time to lose.

I don't think Phil Spencer didn't try. It seems more like he has nothing to offer to make Atlus interested in supporting Xbox. I really doubt there weren't any talks about Persona 5 port. It's probably the most requested Japanese game by Xbox fans.

derpysquirtle64 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I know that they are a subsidiary but, can’t Sega force them to release on other platforms?

Not sure how it works, but as far as I know, Atlus makes such decisions independently of Sega. And there is no way for Sega to force Atlus to release a game on a certain platform. The only thing Sega does is helping them to port their stuff (as in case of PC for example). It's handled by Sega Europe.

Well, third party devs could, if they assumed all costs of such a run, which is the crux of the issue. Atlus doesn't want any risks. Sega can offer to do so and not transfer design issues or any blame to them. That's it. 

Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, hope Microsoft manages to convince Mikami to stick around, apparently M-Two was formed with the intention of Mikami leaving Tango to join Minami, hence it being called M-Two, it is still called M-Two, Mikami refused because he wanted to finish Ghostwire but who knows, he might be intending on leaving after Ghostwire...Would be a pretty poor look if Mikami leaves immediately after Microsoft acquires them.

I actually thought about it being a possibility. Can easily see Mikami to leave Tango now after MS acquisition because in a current state it would be a bit depressing to work for Microsoft for any Japanese game designer. Yeah, it's a bit sad but it's the truth.

As for The Initiative's game. Doesn't matter what exactly it would be. But in the end it should nail two things perfectly: be a high quality game and have a mass exposure. Actually, that's what all XGS games should do. That's the only way to kill off this "no games" narrative. This year they've released around 10 games, maybe more - don't remember the list. But still, increase in quantity doesn't help. The narrative still there even though some games have been of very high quality. The problem is that all these games have been very niche with a target audience of 1m people or even less. XGS is in extreme need of 10m+ high-quality sellers to really turn the tide. There is no need to put 10+ games per year. 3-4 will be enough if they are all high-quality and have the reach of around 10m gamers.

Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I actually thought about it being a possibility. Can easily see Mikami to leave Tango now after MS acquisition because in a current state it would be a bit depressing to work for Microsoft for any Japanese game designer. Yeah, it's a bit sad but it's the truth.

I honestly don't think he'd care about swapping from one American company to another...He did say that he is stepping back from directing projects because he wants to give younger creators a chance, he's a big advocate for that and straight up said developers reach their prime in their 30s so I do believe he's done with directing stuff now.

So what would his role be at M-Two? Idk...But if I were Microsoft I would facilitate it to make it as easy as possible for him to find younger creators and give them a chance, under Microsoft he could do more of that than if he was indie restricted by funds.

Shinji sounds perfect to head up a publishing division catered specifically to Japan Tbh...It won't happen but it seems like he would love something like that.

It depends on Bethesda exclusivity question. If Microsoft keeps releasing Tango games on Playstation, then sure not a problem. But if not, it's gonna be a problem for Mikami. It's a known fact that for the majority of Japanese game developers it's super important to know that their games will get exposure in their home country. Not sure if Mikami will be happy to continue make games that will lots of Japanese gamers won't be able to play.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Watching the FH5 part of that, I saw where they asked Grubb where he thought the setting was, and then Grubb said that he thinks he knows the setting and doesn't want to give it away by speculating, and then asked Gary and Mike to speculate while he made faces. Mike speculated Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift immediately, and Grubb's faces and reaction to Mike's Japan idea definitely seemed like he was hinting at Japan to me, same with his reaction to the off-camera editor saying that Japan would be dope (he quickly darts his eyes towards the camera when the editor says Japan would be dope, like a character in a movie or show breaking the fourth wall). His reaction to Gary's American southwest setting idea was far more muted, dismissive in fact, with Grubb making a joke about Gary wanting to play Pixar's Cars The Video Game (Horizon 1 already did American southwest, I guess Gary Whitta never played Horizon 1, lol). They then talk about Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift and Grubb says it's his favorite in the series. I definitely think Grubb is 100% on team Japan for FH5.

Forza Horizon 1 doesn't take place in the southwest its set in Colorado. Forza Horizon 2 was rumored to partially take place in the southwest originally since it was planned to take place in Texas and Louisiana there is concept art for the Louisiana setting. 

Around the Network

Lol wtf was that Xbox ad.

.... we were just talking about marvelous ?

Let's just hope that Marvelous will support Xbox no only for large scale games but for smaller ones as well. Now it seems like they just want to make their biggest game ever to date, so porting it to Xbox is a no brainer if they have some big goals for it in terms of sales.

shikamaru317 said:

I'm really hoping that in addition to the new MS game announce that Grubb has been teasing for the Game Awards, MS also has a Gamepass 2021 montage trailer there teasing some their 2021 games, including more JP ports hopefully, such as Yakuza 3-6, Judgment, Sakura Wars, and more hopefully.

I totally don't see MS having an ad about JP ports at TGA. I think they would use their own event for stuff like this. Would be interesting to see if they are gonna have some sort of digital event early next year. Maybe February or March.

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Let's just hope that Marvelous will support Xbox no only for large scale games but for smaller ones as well. Now it seems like they just want to make their biggest game ever to date, so porting it to Xbox is a no brainer if they have some big goals for it in terms of sales.

Marvelous wise, I mainly want Senran Kagura. I really enjoy the series, but Sony sabotaged the hell out of it with their censorship policy, which basically got Senran Kagura 7even cancelled. Nintendo tossed them a lifeline with the Senran Kagura pinball game, but they really should look into reviving 7even for Xbox/Switch/PC and just ignore PS and their censorship. 

As for other Marvelous games, Kandagawa Jet Girls would be cool to see on Xbox, that was made by the Senran Kagura producer after he quit Senran Kagura development in the wake of Sony's new censorship policy. Might play Fate Extella if they port it to Xbox. Might play God Eater 3 if they port it, but that is a Bandai decision, not Marvelous, Marvelous First Studio developed it but Bandai published it. Rune Factory 5 might be nice on Xbox. 

Rune Factory 5 is Switch-only atm. I'm not sure, maybe they have a deal with Nintendo.