66 - 70 0 $0.00 0.00%

71 - 75 0 $0.00 0.00%

76 - 80 0 $0.00 0.00%

81 - 85 0 $0.00 0.00%

86 - 90 5 $969.00 35.71%

91 or Over 9 $2,621.72 64.29%

Totals: 14 $3,590.72  
Game closed: 03/08/2020

The fact that CoD wasn't on the Sony show was suspicious for sure. Every CoD since CoD 2 way back in 2005 has been announced in April, May, or June except for MW2 which was announced in February. I can only think of a few possibilities for the late announce:

1. MS has marketing, so it will be announced on the July show.
  2. Sony has marketing, but decided to delay the announce until their August State of Play for some reason.
  3. Since development on Black Ops Cold War was slowed up by the behind the scenes drama (was originally a non Black Ops Cold War era game developed by Sledgehammer with assistance from Raven Software, but halfway into development Sledgehammer got into a fight with Activision, and Treyarch was put in charge of turning the Sledgehammer/Raven game into a Black Ops title, with Treyarch doing the multiplayer, and the Sledgehammer/Raven campaign being repurposed into a Black Ops campaign), Activision did something unheard of for them as a publisher and delayed Black Ops Cold War to 2021.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Still believe Asobo will be picked up. Their work on Flight SIM is amazing. And their other talent is worth noting as well (Plague Tale Innocence, which is on Game Pass now)

They also have racing experience, so they could possibly give us MS Kart finally, lol. 

shikamaru317 said:
sales2099 said:
Still believe Asobo will be picked up. Their work on Flight SIM is amazing. And their other talent is worth noting as well (Plague Tale Innocence, which is on Game Pass now)

They also have racing experience, so they could possibly give us MS Kart finally, lol. 

you could create a MS kart just based on the rare IPs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dunno why Tom Warren RT'd this.

Ryuu96 said:

Because he knows Greenberg is lying, just like everybody who had followed Greenberg for any length of time xD

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Because he knows Greenberg is lying, just like everybody who had followed Greenberg for any length of time xD

He also RT'd this, odd but Lockhart news did come out today (stuff we already knew though, just more publications confirming the August date).

shikamaru317 said:

The fact that CoD wasn't on the Sony show was suspicious for sure. Every CoD since CoD 2 way back in 2005 has been announced in April, May, or June except for MW2 which was announced in February. I can only think of a few possibilities for the late announce:

1. MS has marketing, so it will be announced on the July show.
  2. Sony has marketing, but decided to delay the announce until their August State of Play for some reason.
  3. Since development on Black Ops Cold War was slowed up by the behind the scenes drama (was originally a non Black Ops Cold War era game developed by Sledgehammer with assistance from Raven Software, but halfway into development Sledgehammer got into a fight with Activision, and Treyarch was put in charge of turning the Sledgehammer/Raven game into a Black Ops title, with Treyarch doing the multiplayer, and the Sledgehammer/Raven campaign being repurposed into a Black Ops campaign), Activision did something unheard of for them as a publisher and delayed Black Ops Cold War to 2021.

I feel like its its likely the first 2. Three is such a bad excuse cause its not like they're expected to show a deep dive trailer. They could have had a 2 minutes of CGI and gameplay when they're ready. Cyberpunk was first announced in 2012 and is coming 2020 so they definitely could have put something together by now if they really wanted to.

115ish developers, 3-4 years from release sounds pretty good, should grow very healthily and steady.

Yeah, that mini Lockhart cube is cute AF but I'm sadly not expecting that at all, think it will look like a traditional console but I wish it would look like the mockups, might actually make me want one more.

As I've said before, getting the height of Series X from 12" down to 6" for a perfect 6" x 6" x 6" Series S cube would look great, but it is just not possible imo. There is not enough empty space in the Series X to shrink the height by half, even with the smaller heatsink that the weaker chipset will allow. They'd also have to shrink the length of the split motherboard considerably, since most of the height of the console is due to the length of the motherboard, and come up with a thinner fan at the top, since that fan is taking up nearly 2" at the top thanks to the thickness of the fan and the concave vent. 8" x 6" x 6" might be doable with enough engineering, but 6" height just seems unrealistic. 

A traditional flat console like XB1 S and XB1 X is far more likely, and probably for the best, since they are going for mass market appeal. They may even be able to get it smaller than XB1 S and XB1 X with a similar shape. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 4 days ago