By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Benji is saying a few retailers got more Xbox stock.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
jason1637 said:

Considering how far away I see Halo: Infinite releasing, I think Xbox stock will be fine (if limited) before their projected April timeline.

Idk about the stock being fine until April. XBO sold over 300k when Halo 5 released and I'd assume MS wants to beat those numbers with Infinite. 

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

He deleted the whole string of tweets because of fanboy attacks. What exactly did he say? 

I'm kind of sad that MS only managed a small restock for Cyber Monday. At the rate things are going, I'm not even sure if Xbox Series will be able to match or beat Xbox One's 3.1m first Holiday, in spite of what seems like double the demand or more that Xbox One had on launch, simply due to Microsoft's late production issues.

He said that he expects Switch to be short of 2m, last gen console to crash, and expects the Series X and S to outsell the PS5 because multiple retailers had more stock.

coolbeans said:
jason1637 said:

Idk about the stock being fine until April. XBO sold over 300k when Halo 5 released and I'd assume MS wants to beat those numbers with Infinite. 

No, no.  I meant MS' current projections about stock stabilizing come April will happen much sooner without Infinite.  

What I'm trying to say is I think MS is overinflating the continuous demand they believe they'll have.  Although some timed exclusives/console exclusives are coming, I don't think it touches the amount of interest something like Titanfall got during the 'launch window.'

I think the hype for Halo Infinite exceeds the hype for Titanfall.

XBO sold 311k the month Titanfall launched and Titanfall was a crossgen game like Infinite is.

Worldwide MS should be able to meet demand before April but in the US that might be harder of they want to sell over 300k when Infinite launches. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Control is coming to GamePass. IIRC it is/was on PSNow, and Phil said months ago that they’d got Control signed to GamePass, obviously leaked it way early. It’s $20 on sale right now for the ultimate version, which has all DLC and a next gen upgrade. The GamePass version would surely just be the base Xbone version.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Control is coming to GamePass. IIRC it is/was on PSNow, and Phil said months ago that they’d got Control signed to GamePass, obviously leaked it way early. It’s $20 on sale right now for the ultimate version, which has all DLC and a next gen upgrade. The GamePass version would surely just be the base Xbone version.

Sam Lake like the tweet :).

Ryuu96 said:

Benji now saying he thinks he's wrong.

Expected Imo, seems like Xbox is far behind on production.

Every time you think MS does something right they manage to fail at something else. It really won't help to be already way behind PS5 after the first holiday season when it's "all" about online multiplayer nowadays for which you need many sales from the start to be a valid option for multiplayer gamers.  

But hey, even Xbox says on Twitter to buy a PS5 if your friends own one, lol. They really take it too far with this "no competition" stuff. I'm also almost sure now that almost all Bethesda games will come to PS and at best only with a little bit later release. 

Something positive:

It would be very unrealistic to believe that MS will sell more consoles then Sony. Sony had a great gen with the PS4 while MS has struggled to correct the early mistakes and build towards a decent first party studio base. Sony would need to stumble very hard for MS to even gleam selling as many consoles as Sony. What they can do is be more competitive in the US and EU markets and try to build a better base in other markets. So far so good but it will be a long upward battle and may not even be the focus as much for MS, who knows. One thing is clear, is that the Series X is a beast and hopfully those MS studios can wow with their exclusives once they release which is going to be important. I still believe that MS missed on the controller front but we will see after about 6 months if this makes a big difference.

I looked at the front page and there's no single scenario in which the Xbox Series sells under six figures in Europe because of popularity. The sales seem definitely tied to stock. Only the lack of Xboxes in Europe could explain such a visible collapse. This has no precedent whatsoever otherwise.

And they overtook Sony in the US... yep, this is definitely reliant on stock consoles.

Hopefully MS has ramped up production as high as possible.

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

Saga Frontier skipping Xbox, just like TWEWY and Crystal Chronicles did. Seems like SE is pulling back support, though historically they haven’t been the greatest.

Don't forget Trials of Mana remake earlier this year skipping Xbox as well.

Square JP studio support for Xbox is among the worst of the major JP publishers this gen moving into next. We got FF Type 0 HD, FFXV, KH3, KH Collection, KH Melody of Memory, Romancing SaGa 2 and 3, a late Nier Automata port, a late World of FF port, late FF10 and FF12 HD remasters, and a late DQ11 port so far this gen, with Nier remake, Balan Wonderworld, and FF14 incoming next year (guessing on FF14, but I see no reason why it wouldn't release next year unless Square decide to be even bigger dicks and straight up cancel the port they already announced). For next-gen, we'll probably get late ports of FF7R, FF16, and Project Athia, who knows what else. 

Koei Tecmo support is also quite poor this gen, from them all we've gotten this gen is DoA 5 LR, DoA 6, Dynasty Warriors 9, Warriors Orochi 3 & 4, Arslan, Bladestorm, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13, and Attack on Titan 1 & 2.  Nioh 1 and 2 still haven't come to Xbox in spite of them teasing Nioh on Xbox nearly 2 years ago. Gust hasn't put a single game on Xbox all gen, neither Atelier nor Fairy Tail, even though they teased Fairy Tail for Xbox more than a year ago. 

Square Enix and Koei Tecmo seem to hate us Xbox gamers for whatever reason; Sega, Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Konami give Xbox far better support. Phil really needs to win over Square and Tecmo somehow.

Square has been shit the entire gen in terms of Xbox support. I wouldn't expect it to become any better this gen. Because it seems that it simply is not financially viable for them to support Xbox at this point. Otherwise, they would have already changed their mind. And btw, about FF14. Jez Corden recently hinted that it's not coming after all, so I wouldn't expect it to come to Xbox. (Jez is reliable in my opinion, don't remember when he was wrong about MS stuff, but still it's just his guess). I would say that if Xbox port is not announced on the stream dedicated to game's next big update which is coming either this week or the next one, then Jez is probably right and it is not coming.