By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

*Patiently waiting for Series S to arrive*

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Really excited for Dragon Quest. Demo was great!

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I thought that Haven was day one Gamepass, MS had it on a list of 2020 Gamepass games a year ago:

But I guess it's not day one gamepass but coming to Gamepass later. That marketing slide turned out to be misleading, some of those FF games still aren't on Gamepass a year later (they finally got I think the 4th out of 10 FF games on Gamepass just recently), and now we learn that Haven also won't be on Gamepass in 2020.

It will definitely be on Game Pass on Dec 3rd.

https://www.thegamebakers.com/press/sheet.php?p=haven

"The game will be available for PC (Steam, GOG, Windows), PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Xbox One on Xbox Game Pass December 3 2020."

https://www.thegamebakers.com/haven/

"Coming December 3  to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Xbox One (Xbox Game Pass)."

Any word on how the Xbox One and Series S/X are performing on black Friday?

Finished Supraland (1000G btw.).

Fantastic puzzle platformer that is designed like a metroidvania.

There's combat in the game (starting with a wooden sword and with a gun shortly after plus additional ways to kill enemies) but it's not really a focus. Dying also won't set you back so enemies are just a distraction or a way to get coins.

There is an insane amount of upgrades to buy or find in ~200 chests. Some of them will improve your weapon damage, others are even more meaningful. In short, you want to find as many chests and coins as possible.

Puzzles start out slow and easy but they slowly ramp up in difficulty. To solve them, you have a big amount of tools and abilities at your disposal. It will never get boring. Trust me.

The other big part is platforming. The game could be a little better here. You'll gain a triple jump early on but the jump height is really low. However, I do understand that the game is designed to work that way and it does work so I'm not complaining too much. Also the air controls are a little slippery. You might overshoot a jump when changing directions in the air.

The game is also quite nice looking especially the lighting. Though, it's a little held back by some low res textures when you get too close to something like stone bricks.

The story is pretty simple but interesting enough. You can definitely immerse yourself in the world. There are also a few references thrown into the game for example Minecraft. In terms of length the game is huge for an indie game. it took me 18 hours and 20 minutes for 100% and even the main story will take you 12+ hours.

I'm glad to hear that not only does a DLC exist (even though I heard that the PC version and the console version branched off so it might not come to consoles) and that the kickstarter of the sequel (back in June 2019) was successful even if it only reached the minimum amount.

Highly highly recommended if you like metroidvanias or puzzle games similar to Portal.

8.5/10

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

These are not XGS games, so probably you shouldn't include them in prediction league.

They will be if the deal closes before they release which is likely since the only dated one we have is Deathloop for May 21st.

May 21st seems a bit early for the deal to close. But still, those games will still be published by Bethesda as a publisher and XGS haven't participated in the games creation at all.

Saga Frontier skipping Xbox, just like TWEWY and Crystal Chronicles did. Seems like SE is pulling back support, though historically they haven’t been the greatest.

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

Saga Frontier skipping Xbox, just like TWEWY and Crystal Chronicles did. Seems like SE is pulling back support, though historically they haven’t been the greatest.

Don't forget Trials of Mana remake earlier this year skipping Xbox as well.

Square JP studio support for Xbox is among the worst of the major JP publishers this gen moving into next. We got FF Type 0 HD, FFXV, KH3, KH Collection, KH Melody of Memory, Romancing SaGa 2 and 3, a late Nier Automata port, a late World of FF port, late FF10 and FF12 HD remasters, and a late DQ11 port so far this gen, with Nier remake, Balan Wonderworld, and FF14 incoming next year (guessing on FF14, but I see no reason why it wouldn't release next year unless Square decide to be even bigger dicks and straight up cancel the port they already announced). For next-gen, we'll probably get late ports of FF7R, FF16, and Project Athia, who knows what else. 

Koei Tecmo support is also quite poor this gen, from them all we've gotten this gen is DoA 5 LR, DoA 6, Dynasty Warriors 9, Warriors Orochi 3 & 4, Arslan, Bladestorm, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13, and Attack on Titan 1 & 2.  Nioh 1 and 2 still haven't come to Xbox in spite of them teasing Nioh on Xbox nearly 2 years ago. Gust hasn't put a single game on Xbox all gen, neither Atelier nor Fairy Tail, even though they teased Fairy Tail for Xbox more than a year ago. 

Square Enix and Koei Tecmo seem to hate us Xbox gamers for whatever reason; Sega, Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Konami give Xbox far better support. Phil really needs to win over Square and Tecmo somehow.

MS spent a while in cahoots with those on the friendly list. OTOH, they kind of despise NIS, are apathetic to Marvelous and ASW (who apparently wanted to like them), spat in Idea Factory's direction (good) and... no clue with Koei, but they are a shit company anyways. 

For Square it's down to the money part. MS pretty much funded the peak Tales games, got really cozy with Capcom and Sega (and provided outlets for the latter to vent after Sony shoved them out of the console business) and acted as a de facto "fuck you" towards Kojima Productions in the aftermath of his departure from Konami and the backlash from MGSV. 

To be honest, if there's an idling Business Division, I'd consider dropping another nuke and bankrolling FFVIIIR as an Xbox and PC launch exclusive. That alone is going to get plenty of friendliness going on. For Koei, I'd rather much Microsoft do something offensive/aggressive and either buy the company (and throw Ruby Party off the nearest cliff) or get Itagaki's studio and buy the DOA and Ninja Gaiden IPs so Tecmo can be resurrected. Let Koei have the repetitive Romance of the Three Kingdoms dress up simulators... 

shikamaru317 said:

Seems like they're hinting at Control to me. The redacted is a hint for sure, most files in Control have many things redacted. The mention of a sinister red light also seems like a hint of Control, the hiss are represented by red light. 

Most likely it is the current gen only version of Control though, I will be surprised if MS shelled out the big bucks to get the newer edition that includes the DLC and will get Xbox Series upgrades next year. 

That would really be nice. I'.m really on the edge regarding control. I'm intrigued but not enough to go and buy it. So yah, having this on Gamepass would definitely be good for me :)