By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Come on March... Please papi Phil.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

Obviously, as just a gamer, it doesn't ultimately affect me. I just play the games.

But I'm gonna have to start questioning the actual business acumen of the Phil, and the rest of the folks running the Xbox division at MS, if they somehow believe that continuing to sell some of their most sought after content on rival platforms is somehow conducive to their end goal of creating the Netflix gaming. That would be like Disney saying "yea, well, we want our platform, Disney+, to really take off and challenge Netflix for the position of dominant streaming platform, but we've had our existing content on there for so long....we don't wanna upset people and remove that content simply to entice them into becoming recurring spenders on our platform."

I'm sorry, but there's simply no way to slice that in which it makes business sense.

They will be exclusives man (at least the big titles). I mean why is this even still going on, right now, the deal is not even closed and people are all speculating.

The reality is that chances that those titles are going to be exclusives are pretty high, and while people (mostly the Play station community I assume) are trying to convince themselves and the world that it will not happen, it is just that... hopes and wishes.

Until this effectively happen and they finally see some of those big games coming only on PC/Xbox, they will still try to paraphrase and transform anything coming from Microsoft into a "maybe not". I mean, come on. Just give it a rest already, Microsoft bought Zenimax, end of the line.

shikamaru317 said:
March or April for Infinite would be great.

I have been thinking March from the start.

Could be April 1st. Every April first, the final boss is actually Craig the Brute. He has to make an appearance somehow...

shikamaru317 said:

I must say, the current-gen version of Cyberpunk looks way better than I was expecting:

Resolution seems a bit fuzzy on XB1 X, but improved on Series X BC, which presumably means there is a resolution scaler in place. Some noticeable pop-in while driving, but it's not too bad. Lighting and reflections look quite good considering they are pre-baked instead of ray-traced. Framerate looked stable to me even during heavy action scenes. If the current gen version already looks this good on Series X, imagine how good the actual Series X optimized version will look when it releases in 2021. 

Game definitely looks really good no matter what version you get.  I can definitely see having raytracing in this game would make it look awesome as it does with watch dogs Legion.  I believe games that show cities like Legion and Cyberpunk really shows out raytracing can enhance the look and realism of a game.  I wonder how much of the feature set of the Series X and even PS5 will be added in the optimized version.

derpysquirtle64 said:
sales2099 said:
If Bethesda games stay on PS (aside from Elder Scrolls online and Fallout 76), Phil Spencer will never be able to send a Tweet again without getting massive backlash from his community. He will have set back Xbox PR back to 2013. You have fans that stood by for years, only for him to share Bethesda’s best? This deal better close soon, the uncertainty was fun at first, not so much now.

I think people should stop getting all that sensitive about it. Knowing Microsoft i’m willing to bet that Bethesda games are not going to become exclusive to Xbox consoles. They have the data about how much money they can receive from all these Bethesda games on ps. And it will become even more important to them considering that they will get less money from direct game sales on Xbox by putting them all on gamepass day one. PlayStation will become the platform that will be used to make up lots of revenue by selling Bethesda games at full price while pc and Xbox will receive yet another good reason to subscribe to gamepass. That’s how I see it. And it’s not really that big of a deal considering that Bethesda games are not exclusive to Xbox now. It just means that things will stay the same as they are now. 

I personally believe gamers should just enjoy games and stop being armchair MS business consultants.  Now as predictions goes, I believe all current franchises will remain multiplatform but anything new is fair game.  I believe that Starfied will still be cross platform because it probably has way to much development gone into its production but you can believe it will probably be exclusive for a year on the MS console.  Any new developments will also probably be exclusive for 6 to 12 months or fully exclusive.  All AA or B level games probably will be totally exclusive since their scope would be to drive Gamepass.  

Around the Network

Sry but it would be the biggest joke to see Sony buying games away from Xbox and then Xbox would release their own damn games on PS.

Just Imagine how the Sony guys sit in their office and talk about how nice MS is to just give them no hard time at all and how they can do whatever they want to fuck with Xbox and their playerbase. There is just one single reason why MS should still release Bethesda games on PS and that would be if Sony would instantly stop to pay any dev for any exclusivity deal. As long as Sony buys content away from Xbox players it should be a no-go for MS to support PS

Finished A Hat in Time.

Expected a lot from it since it got a decent amount of hype (for an indie game). Sadly, it's not nearly as good as some make it out to be (heard about comparisons to Nintendo's best platformers... massive lol).

As I previously mentioned, the resolution is horrible on Xbox despite releasing after Xbox One X. Artstyle isn't that great either. Lots of blocky models that remind me of early 3D platformers which is certainly not a compliment. Some areas can look pleasant but for the most part definitely below average.

Level design is all over the place. Usually there's just too much stuff in a level which also serve no purpose. There are only four worlds (plus the final boss world which is just one level) which work similar to the paintings in Mario 64. Some of them are pretty unique though, so it's not all bad.

Platforming is not perfect but it gets the job done I guess. Camera is a huge issue in this game though. You can't freely control it and it will go ape shit in tight corners. It's pretty difficult to estimate if you can make a jump that way. While there is a shadow underneath your character, it's still very hard to see if you overshoot or undershoot a jump. Overall though, platforming isn't all that challenging in the game. Far easier than Ori for example.

Most of the dialogue is pretty good and it's voiced which I didn't even expect. Story-wise it's quite decent within each of the worlds but the overarching story is nothing special.

10 hours is all it takes for 100%. Decent for an indie platformer but there's little to no replay value.

There are certainly better platformers on Xbox. The closest (and far better one) would be Yooka Laylee.

7.5/10

Angelus said:

Obviously, as just a gamer, it doesn't ultimately affect me. I just play the games.

But I'm gonna have to start questioning the actual business acumen of Phil, and the rest of the folks running the Xbox division at MS, if they somehow believe that continuing to sell some of their most sought after content on rival platforms is somehow conducive to their end goal of creating the Netflix of gaming. That would be like Disney saying "yea, well, we want our platform, Disney+, to really take off and challenge Netflix for the position of dominant streaming platform, but we've had our existing content on there for so long....we don't wanna upset people and remove that content simply to entice them into becoming recurring spenders on our platform."

I'm sorry, but there's simply no way to slice that in which it makes business sense.

I agree with the part that MS should not sell their games on rival platforms, but I believe this will be the case. And if we go down this way of comparing games industry with the movie industry, your example is not right. I am not familiar with Disney+ because it's unavailable here for me, but I suppose that Disney have their own movies exclusive to Disney+, so you can't watch them on Netflix. But, you can still go to iTunes Movie Store and buy it full price. The same here. Bethesda games will be only on GamePass subscription service, but you can still go to PS Store and buy the game there by paying full price.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Angelus said:

But I'm gonna have to start questioning the actual business acumen of Phil, and the rest of the folks running the Xbox division at MS, if they somehow believe that continuing to sell some of their most sought after content on rival platforms is somehow conducive to their end goal of creating the Netflix of gaming. That would be like Disney saying "yea, well, we want our platform, Disney+, to really take off and challenge Netflix for the position of dominant streaming platform, but we've had our existing content on there for so long....we don't wanna upset people and remove that content simply to entice them into becoming recurring spenders on our platform."

I agree with the part that MS should not sell their games on rival platforms, but I believe this will be the case. And if we go down this way of comparing games industry with the movie industry, your example is not right. I am not familiar with Disney+ because it's unavailable here for me, but I suppose that Disney have their own movies exclusive to Disney+, so you can't watch them on Netflix. But, you can still go to iTunes Movie Store and buy it full price. The same here. Bethesda games will be only on GamePass subscription service, but you can still go to PS Store and buy the game there by paying full price.

Let's propose a hypothetical. Apple decides tomorrow that the Disney+ app is no longer allowed on their devices.....does Disney continue releasing their movies for purchase on the iTunes store? 

derpysquirtle64 said:
Angelus said:

I guess we're going to have to wait and see what happens, but I think it would be extremely stupid of them to do such a thing. Halo, Forza, Gears, God of War, Spiderman, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc, would all sell much better if they were multiplatform but that's not their purpose in life. Their goal is to attract people into their respective platforms.

I know many people then say "but none of those games were multiplatform before," but that is actually even more reason to make them exclusive; to attract the fans of those games into the Xbox platform.

But I guess we're going to have to wait and see. It wouldn't be the first time that MS takes stupid decisions.