By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Imaginedvl said:
I'm so happy I waited to really engage and play Gears Tactics. The game is a blast with a controller and looks amazing.I love XCom like games but the new twists introduced by Gears Tactics are really fun. It really feels like playing a real Gears game, just from another perspective.

Yup it's an amazing game! Dream come true for Gears & XCOM fan. It plays more fluid than XCOM and does overwatch mechanics better. I also love it's set during E-Day.

A very overlooked launch game imo.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
EspadaGrim said:
Just went into my local GameStop, they moved The Xbox section to the front of the store and the PlayStation section to the back corner. I guess that the M$ Money is having an effect lol

Microsoft is giving GameStop a cut of the revenue of digital games sold from any Xbox Series S (and Series X?) the retailer sells, so it makes sense for them to do that. GameStop doesn't make money from digital game sales on PlayStation.

It's an interesting idea and benefits them to get more Xbox consoles sold than PS5 I guess they scan the barcode when it's sold and then pass that on to Microsoft to enable revenue from that consoles serial number. I do wonder what kind of % of digital games and maybe Gold/Gamepass subs? they take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7odqGllZE  Gears 5 op 5 full trailer.

If MS paid 7.5 billion just to secure Bethesda titles for Gamepass then they are stupid, Phil needs to lay down the hammer on Sony because they are not going to stop with their moneyhats.

Now is the time to actually be competitive

EspadaGrim said:

If MS paid 7.5 billion just to secure Bethesda titles for Gamepass then they are stupid, Phil needs to lay down the hammer on Sony because they are not going to stop with their moneyhats.

The problem with MS is that they think it's not necessary to sell many consoles as long as Xbox or Gamepass as a whole is big but what they just completely miss is how important it is to get many console sales so that people have enough friends to play with. Pretty much every "normal" gamer I know simply buys a PS because they know their friends will own one as well and that's what is important to them.

I can tell them as much as I want how they would have game X or Y in the Gamepass subscription but all they really care is "can I play Fifa with my friends?" and stuff like that and I totally understand that. 

Many games have crossplay nowadays but games like Fifa don't and even with crossplay, people tend to own the same system as their friends to play against them I guess. 

They absolutely need high console sales for these kind of people (which is probably the biggest part of console players) and they can only achieve that with many console exclusives. And even then they will sell less as Sony but at least they could close the gap. 

Too bad that the first years are most important to get a healthy userbase but MS's studios all need a few more years to really throw games on us. 

Around the Network

Hopefully 343i can ship Infinite around March or April.

Doesn't sound to me as if the game will ship in the next 6 months to be honest.

Good video explaining the display settings:

Since most loading times comparisons between Xbox One X HDD and Xbox Series X SSD, I took it a step further and tested some games with with different combinations.

Since some games also boot a bit faster the second time (probably when some data is still in the faster RAM), I rebooted the systems for the first run and then closed the game and started it again. If there were big differences in these two runs, I tested them again after another reboot to see if the results are reproducable. Sometimes the new results were a few seconds faster or slower (measuring tolerance), then I took the average time.

So here are my results:

The loading times of the two SSDs were almost identical on my Xbox Series X... so unoptimized Xbox games don't seem to take advantage of the higher bandwidth of the internal SSD. Only exception was Final Fantasy XV, which was a bit faster on the internal SSD.

The loading times on my PC SSDs also weren't much different.

And even the SSD loading times on my Xbox One X weren't much worse compared to the more powerful systems.

The next thing I noticed is that Red Dead Redemption 1 had the same SSD loading times on both Xbox generations. Since most 360 games are tiny (up to 10 GB), there ain't even a big benefit starting them from an SSD... an HDD is "good enough" for 360 games (and original Xbox games) on Xbox One X and on Xbox Series X/S. Huge parts of these games fit in the RAM, so the SSD advantage gets even smaller when starting the game a second time or restarting a level.

Eventually only series-optimized games will be installed on my internal Series X SSD. Unoptimized Xbox One games which I still play (f. e. Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars: Fallen Order) will be stored on the external SATA-SSD. And the rest of the games will be stored on my external HDD.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Just ignore everything for now, like Phil said, he literally cannot comment on whether Bethesda titles will be exclusive or not because it would be illegal for him to do so, every statement they've put out has been vague AF or no definitive answers, we aren't going to get one until the acquisition is closed, I still 100% believe they'll be exclusive.

I won't be surprised that something made MS change their mind in regards to this question. Even Jez Corden who has been 100% sure that Bethesda games will not be on Playstation, now seemingly believes that they will becoming to Playstation after all. 

crissindahouse said:
Doesn't sound to me as if the game will ship in the next 6 months to be honest.

It won't. Not sure why anyone expects it to be released early next year. It was clear after the delay that if it is coming 2021, it will be the end of the year. If the game would have been ready to release in early 2021, I doubt it would have been delayed at all. It has some serious issues and a lot of work to be made on it still. I personally don't even expect it ti make it next year, given the recent shake up at 343.