By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

Kind of a weird way to phrase it.  Is it the largest launch because it sold in more countries at launch compared to the amount of countries the Xbox One was available in? Or is it console numbers related?

Maybe both? Idk, Lol.

If it's both then over 1m sold in 24 hours, Xbox One was the previous record holder of 1m in 24 hours.

Not surprising. Gamestat for XBO player count usually peaks at 6m which is 1/8th og the XBO userbase. The Series X and S peaked at 140k concurrent today which is 1.12m if you apply the same xbo logic.

Around the Network

Xbox One was +1M in under 24 hours. So add whatever was sold in that remaining time and Series X|S sold more than that.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Imaginedvl said:
AsGryffynn said:
Jaicee said:
At last! After years of waiting, I finally got SeX today!

People calling it the SeX triggers me so badly... 

Maybe I'm just a pop junkie, but I've been calling it the XSX since forever because of the British pop singer. 

Same here, I have no idea what pop singer you are referring to but the "SeX" acronym is just bad imo :)

Charli XCX or "missed promo spot opportunity"? 

Even without the next gen patch Destiny 2 loads incredible fast. Used to take over a minute to boot up the game but on the Series X it booted in 15 seconds.

is that tweet about a juul in the series x the most liked one from the xbox account?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

My external SSD arrived today to my surprise. Bought it less than 48 hours ago and it was supposed to take 3 weeks. I won't complain.

Already did some early tests. I'm using a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter that I bought years ago for a 2.5" HDD. There are certainly better ones out there. Certainly doesn't max out the SSD.

Results:

Copying from Internal to SSD is 3 times faster than Internal to HDD.

RDR2 loading time went from 1 min 40 sec on HDD to 50 sec on SSD.

Quite an improvement already. This video shows that with a proper connection, 36 seconds are possible from main menu to in-game. (SSD used is quite similar)

Barozi said:

My external SSD arrived today to my surprise. Bought it less than 48 hours ago and it was supposed to take 3 weeks. I won't complain.

Already did some early tests. I'm using a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter that I bought years ago for a 2.5" HDD. There are certainly better ones out there. Certainly doesn't max out the SSD.

Results:

Quite an improvement already. This video shows that with a proper connection, 36 seconds are possible from main menu to in-game. (SSD used is quite similar)

If you plan to use that for your Series X dont bother transferring games that are optimized for the Series X because these games will just end up downloading. 

jason1637 said:
Barozi said:

Results:

If you plan to use that for your Series X dont bother transferring games that are optimized for the Series X because these games will just end up downloading. 

Shame. Already downloaded a few Series X enhanced games in order to save time later on.

Forza Horizon 4 Series X upgrade sadly doesn't seem that impressive.

There are graphical features missing that were already in the Xbox One X quality mode or on PC.

No headlight shadows is the biggest dealbreaker for me. One of the reasons why I chose the quality mode over the performance mode on One X.

Hopefully, the sequel will have them.

Last edited by Barozi - on 12 November 2020

Barozi said:

Forza Horizon 4 Series X upgrade sadly doesn't seem that impressive.

There are graphical features missing that were already in the Xbox One X quality mode or on PC.

No headlight shadows is the biggest dealbreaker for me. One of the reasons why I chose the quality mode over the performance mode on One X.

Hopefully, the sequel will have them.

Oh once you actually fire it up instead of watching a video of someone zooming at rocks, it's damn impressive. I wouldn't be able to go back to X1 quality mode anymore after playing it on SeX. 

And the loading times..forget about it.