By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolbeans said:
EspadaGrim said:
So according to this Compulsions next game will be in 3rd person and by past job posting will have narrative choices, so a 3rd person RPG then? https://mobile.twitter.com/Studiotypes/status/1314184812907892736?s=19

I know not everyone dug it, but I'd love to see Contrast II.

It didn't offer much content but I liked the art style and gameplay mechanics using the shadow was clever. 

I have a feeling Compulsion has a better game in them. 

Around the Network

I feel like compulsion has the least hype around them of any Xbox studio, hope their next game blows us away.

jason1637 said:

Nice, I wanna know what game tho

Peggle 2

Around the Network

Falconeer is my guess.

Still tipping an 8k mode to be revealed too. Especially so given Series S is hitting 1800p 60.

I still think going for 120fps is a complete waste of time on console we spent most of this gen dipping below 30 and most people still can't even tell the difference between 30 and 60fps and there is very few games that really take advantage of 120fps such as twitch reaction shooters and other super competitive games.

I mean options are good though any AAA game would have to cut back to 1080p and remove the majority of the visual effects to hit 120fps so I'm not expecting it to see to much support.

WoodenPints said:
I still think going for 120fps is a complete waste of time on console we spent most of this gen dipping below 30 and most people still can't even tell the difference between 30 and 60fps and there is very few games that really take advantage of 120fps such as twitch reaction shooters and other super competitive games.

I mean options are good though any AAA game would have to cut back to 1080p and remove the majority of the visual effects to hit 120fps so I'm not expecting it to see to much support.

Why not if you have the power available?

There are a couple of games running at 4k 60FPS on Xbox One X already.

Rocket League would work very well with 4k 120FPS. Hardcore players would definitely prefer that. 8k 60FPS should be possible too.

Lots of FPS will have 120 FPS in multiplayer where graphics usually aren't on par with SP. No reason to lock them at 60 when they can reach 120.

Platformers usually aren't that demanding either. Lots of possibilities for 120FPS or 8k.

Last edited by Barozi - on 11 October 2020

Out of curiosity, should we ask VGC staff to make the Xbox Series graphics black instead of green?

Barozi said:
WoodenPints said:

Why not if you have the power available?

There are a couple of games running at 4k 60FPS on Xbox One X already.

Rocket League would work very well with 4k 120FPS. Hardcore players would definitely prefer that. 8k 60FPS should be possible too.

Lots of FPS will have 120 FPS in multiplayer where graphics usually aren't on par with SP. No reason to lock them at 60 when they can reach 120.

Platformers usually aren't that demanding either. Lots of possibilities for 120FPS or 8k.

Rocket League is a game where 120fps does make sense I've had a 144Hz monitor on my PC for around 4.5-5 years now and Rocket League was one of very few games that I felt going over the 60fps margin was really noticeable and worth it.