By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Barozi said:

Can barely remember the last time I had to sit through an update.

Downloading and installing updates in the background is not really a new thing. Phone notification probably is but I don't see the point.

I always have to sit through a lot of updates. It ruins the mood when you're eager to play a new game and have to wait for the system to update. 

You have an option to change it somewhere in settings.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

The Series X preview embargo is over mostly focused on features and BC stuff.

Here a little snippet of a few games from The Verge:

and an article from VentureBeat

Shaved a minute off SoT, I’m crying rn. Tears of happiness 

smroadkill15 said:
Even if Xbox doesn't acquire anyone else, I am more than happy with what they have now. I personally hope there aren't any more large publisher size acquisitions, and if they do buy anyone else, they will be Asobo or Bloober Team size. Bungie I'm okay with too.

Same here, I'm completely satisfied after the Zenimax purchase, I wouldn't care if they didn't end up buying anybody else. 

I can see MS staffing up Tango to make a JRPG team, especially with xcloud coming in soon. I feel like this might be more likely than MS buying another JP studio.

ice said:
I can see MS staffing up Tango to make a JRPG team, especially with xcloud coming in soon. I feel like this might be more likely than MS buying another JP studio.

Buying Cavia's and Eighting's dead IPs and then Tamsoft (which is completely development oriented, no publishing whatsoever) and perhaps Hamster (mostly creative) could be a killer combination that's not insanely expensive or complicated. 

Or Mistwalker + Tamsoft. That's like the "cheapo!" option. 

TBH, the simplest purchase they could make, however, would be to just gobble up Marvelous. It's rather simple and they are not known for playing favorites (they've mostly ignored XBO). If this reins in XSEED acting like Aksys, the better. 

Also, I'm wondering if the studio MS purchased is actually Ubisoft. They fit the description mentioned by the leaker. The only issue is that they have several studios everywhere else. OTOH, the Beth leaker also didn't know it was an studio. However, the fact that MS shows interest in purchasing Ubisoft made me wonder if this was or could be it. 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
ice said:

Buying Cavia's and Eighting's dead IPs and then Tamsoft (which is completely development oriented, no publishing whatsoever) and perhaps Hamster (mostly creative) could be a killer combination that's not insanely expensive or complicated. 

Or Mistwalker + Tamsoft. That's like the "cheapo!" option. 

TBH, the simplest purchase they could make, however, would be to just gobble up Marvelous. It's rather simple and they are not known for playing favorites (they've mostly ignored XBO). If this reins in XSEED acting like Aksys, the better. 

Also, I'm wondering if the studio MS purchased is actually Ubisoft. They fit the description mentioned by the leaker. The only issue is that they have several studios everywhere else. OTOH, the Beth leaker also didn't know it was an studio. However, the fact that MS shows interest in purchasing Ubisoft made me wonder if this was or could be it. 

What about THQ nordic? The leaker said that it was european company right? and had lots of games already on game pass? THQ has like million games on game pass and has studion in EU countries. I do think that Ubi is more intererting easily than THQ but THQ would give xbox a lots of games for reasonable price i would assume even that they might not be Bethesda lvl games it would still create nice stream on new releases on game pass.

Talking about system updates installing in the background.
Just booted my Xbox One X and I got a new update. Guide now looks like the one in the Series X previews.

Thq Nordic... That would be a big buy... Are they private though?

Jeez, Ms/xbox has a tonne of momentum at the moment.

ironmanDX said:
Thq Nordic... That would be a big buy... Are they private though?

Jeez, Ms/xbox has a tonne of momentum at the moment.

100% guess :D but if we think about those rumors and what that guy did say in twitter that it would be big or bigger than bethesda, european company and has lots of games on game pass already then THQ kinda fits in that well maybe not as big news as bethesda but still huge.

FORZA 7 FINALLY!!!