By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Fucking THANK YOU Ubisoft. Finally they're bringing Prince of Persia back, at least in some form.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Fucking THANK YOU Ubisoft. Finally they're bringing Prince of Persia back, at least in some form.

Reaction on that trailer seems to be pretty negative. 601 thumbs up vs. 936 thumbs down.

I feel indifferent about it. Really liked The Forgotten Sands but this trailer isn't doing anything for me. Looks incredibly outdated.

Barozi said:
Angelus said:

Reaction on that trailer seems to be pretty negative. 601 thumbs up vs. 936 thumbs down.

I feel indifferent about it. Really liked The Forgotten Sands but this trailer isn't doing anything for me. Looks incredibly outdated.

I mean it looks very current gen, that's for sure, but I don't really care that much tbh. I'm just happy they're doing something with Prince of Persia, and hopefully this remake can at least perform well enough for someone at Ubisoft to greenlight some more PoP projects. Sands of Time and Warrior Within were some of my favorite games when I was younger.

shikamaru317 said:
Seems like people are mainly hating on the PoP remake because of the graphics. They don't look that bad to me, clearly not as good as the latest AC games on the new engine they designed for Origins, but it's about on par with early-mid gen Ubisoft games like AC Unity, Watch Dogs 1, and AC Syndicate. Would be getting less hate if Ubisoft called it a remaster instead of a remake I think.

Definitely not on par with Unity, but otherwise agreed.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Definitely not on par with Unity, but otherwise agreed.

Unity doesn't look much better imo:

Unity has better hair, but the environments and character models seem about on par to me. Unity was of course held back by a much larger open world though, with huge AI character counts. 

Sure, if you pick a shot from Unity with one of the least flattering lighting conditions.....

Unity is a vastly more visually impressive game than the PoP remake. That's ok with me, mind you, graphics aren't everything, but let's not pretend otherwise. 

Around the Network

Pop looks bad. The animations look weird too.

shikamaru317 said:
Seems like people are mainly hating on the PoP remake because of the graphics. They don't look that bad to me, clearly not as good as the latest AC games on the new engine they designed for Origins, but it's about on par with early-mid gen Ubisoft games like AC Unity, Watch Dogs 1, and AC Syndicate. Would be getting less hate if Ubisoft called it a remaster instead of a remake I think.

I'd say it looks far far worse than Unity. Unity holds up very well even today... if it wasn't for the lower resolution on X1.

The character models of the remake remind me more of Black Flag.

I voted for higher/stable framerates, granted I don't expect very many games to actually reach beyond the 60fps mark.

Also, I think PoP looks fine, definitely doesn't look next-gen but even next-gen games don't look next-gen (whatever next-gen is supposed to look like at this point, did I say next-gen enough yet?)

The launch is decent enough now. Gears, Medium, CrossfireX, and the multiplat staples. We know at launch both Xbox and PS5 will sell out anyway due to demand and shortages.

As a fan it’s a bummer Halo got delayed. But now it may just end up being what Xbox needs to be a juggernaut in year 1.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

So seeing both Xbox Series X|S systems unboxed. they both actually look quite sleek. What's surprising is how one is quite clearly deisgned to be stood upright, while the other is quite clearly design to be laid down like a traditional console. A rather interesting approach.

If I didn't buy a One X and replaced my original Xbone with a Series S (I'd never buy discless unless I had to anyway), I would've easily just sat it in the same spot no problems.

When I do buy the Series X, I have another spot on top of my media centre just behind my Switch that should be perfect for it, and I can keep my One X in the same spot, which is great, because it's probably my favourite system in terms of design. Even if it's redundant, I'd still like to keep it there.

I just wonder if the Series X design was solely to keep it as efficient and compact as possible. Because they obviously wanted Series S to be an easy replacement for current Xbox One S owners. But to fit all the power of Series X into a traditionally designed console, it might've had to be the size of PS5 if not bigger, which is why they went for the unique cubic design instead. Just my guess.