By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Very interested in 120fps for multiplayer. I've never had a chance to play anything at that high of a framerate, so I'm quite curious as to what that feels like exactly.

Still don't like the idea of it being f2p though. Hopefully, gamepass subscribers get access to the battle pass or whatnot as a perk.

Around the Network
Spade said:
NIS and Idea Factory are trash. Big meh, that they not on Xbox.

shikamaru317 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Shhh! You don't want them here. 

Them and Idea Fuck, the lot of them. Eeesh! 

Spade said:
NIS and Idea Factory are trash. Big meh, that they not on Xbox.

I'm not the biggest fan of NIS and Idea Factory games either. It's the other 2/4 JP publishers who aren't on Xbox that bother me far more; Atlus and Marvelous. Also Nihon Falcom's games don't release on Xbox in the west because NIS America publishes them, which sucks because we need Ys and Trails of Cold Steel. 

Edit: Oh, and Level-5 still avoids Xbox like the plague. I really wish that Phil Spencer could win over the smaller JP publishers, seems like he concentrates all of his efforts on the big publishers on his frequent trips to Japan. 

I trust Marvelous but not their NA branch (XSEED) and I am lukewarm towards Atlus (always have). 

I agree with NH though... we really need to have them divide their demographic. Remember that Ys Origin did get ported, but it wasn't by NIS. I even skipped on the last Ys after learning it would be sold by NIS. Nope, just like Nope to XSEED, nope to IF and SpC and also nope to Koei (but not necessarily Tecmo), D3 (thankfully RIP on console) and HELL TO THE NOPE to Aksys. 

I wouldn't trust Level 5 either. 

They need to find what Itagaki's Valhalla and Mistwalker are up to... and pry open Marvelous to rip Tamsoft (their developer) off them. That's a lot of AA Japanese developing muscle to join with Valhalla and Mistwalker. 

Sad that Cavia, Imageepoch and Eighting had to die. With the resources of Tamsoft, I'd buy the IPs off their current owners (near dead) and bring the three brands back under XGS. 

So I played for half an hour of Panzer Dragoon Orta (and was reminded of how fucking awesome it still is, nothing else on OG Xbox can touch it except Halo 1/2 in my opinion, so underrated) wondering why the colours were so much different to how I remember, then I finally realized that I had the red and blue component plugs mixed up which made all the reds/oranges look blue and vice versa. XD

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 July 2020

Not liking the idea of the MP being F2P. That better mean Infinite is like 30-40 bucks at launch then because I'm not paying a full 60 just for the story. (and yes I was planning on buying the game rather than just playing it through gamepass but that will change if they're thinking of charging full price for SP).

QUESTIONS ABOUT GRAPHICS AND VISUALS

First, we want to acknowledge that yes, we’ve heard the feedback coming from parts of the community regarding the visuals in the Halo Infinite campaign demo.

[...]

The second theme being discussed involves visual fidelity. Negative feedback in this area includes comments around characters and objects appearing flat, simplistic and plastic-like, lighting feeling dull and flat, and object pop-in. We’ve read your comments, we’ve seen the homemade examples of retouched content, and yes we’ve heard the Digital Foundry assessments. In many ways we are in agreement here – we do have work to do to address some of these areas and raise the level of fidelity and overall presentation for the final game. The build used to run the campaign demo was work-in-progress from several weeks ago with a variety of graphical elements and game systems still being finished and polished. While some of the feedback was expected and speaks to areas already in progress, other aspects of the feedback have brought new opportunities and considerations to light that the team is taking very seriously and working to assess. We don’t have firm answers or outcomes to share yet but the team is working as quickly as possible on plans to address some of the feedback around detail, clarity, and overall fidelity. The team is committed and focused on making sure we have a beautiful world for players to explore when we launch.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/infinite-inquiries

I don't have that much hope but maybe they can surprise us...

Around the Network

Huh, so the build we were shown was from a couple of weeks rather than January? Ok, I'm a bit more worried about them being able to actually fix that by launch then.

Also @Ryuu96 I hope not, while I love gamepass, there are games I still want to own outright (which tbf, nothing is really preventing me from owning other than a sense of feeling robbed paying 60 just for the campaign )

Honestly, the shotgun and pistol shown in the gameplay demo were very generic-looking (looked like guns you would see in a CoD game). But on the other hand, I like what I saw from the new Banished weapons to counter the generic UNSC weapons.

Hm, considering 343 is calling Halo Infinite a platform for the next 10 years... I suppose it stands to reason they will at some point add "new" weapons to the game, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the return of the magnum and shotgun.

Damn, 2 years of Gold for 50 bucks, wish I was apart of that program xD

I'm not particularly bothered by the new pistol or shotgun. Gameplay wise, both looked solid from the glimpse we saw of them, and aesthetically....I mean, they're human weapons. Sure, the UNSC has some very unique looking guns, such as the rocket launcher, and even the standard assault rifle, but for the most part I don't think of their arsenal as being particularly stand out in terms of design. The BR has always been basically a FAMAS with a scope on it, the pistol changes a little bit every game, but never deviates too much from just looking like a normal pistol, the shotgun pretty much looks like any modern tactical shotgun...etc. I'm much more interested in the design of the alien weapons.