By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

JUST GAMES BABY AND NO PRICE

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

An hour long. Not bad. Hopefully they can pace themselves well so 1 or 2 games dont get too much time.

the question is will the stream quality be like mixer, because that would be HQ

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

trunkswd said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator PC Physical Edition comes on 10 discs! Is that some sort of record? Seems odd it is releasing DVDs and not blu-ray discs. Are blu-ray drives not common in PCs?

Blu-Rays were never adopted by publishers to release their PC games on, so they are very very very uncommon.

I'd argue there are more PCs with floppy disc drives in active use than PCs with Blu-Ray drives.

Just games aye? Maybe I should change my bingo lol

Around the Network

did we discus Gold going free but ending games with gold?

Looks like August is for the business announcements. Lockhart, price, GamePass, Xcloud, and hopefully any studio acquisitions

1 hour for the games....that’s a lot of trailers. Good

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:

I am somewhat worried about the Xbox July showcase being only 1 hour long. Their most successful E3 ever was 1 hour 40 minutes by comparison I think, while the Sony June show was 1 hour 15 minutes.

Alot depends on format I guess. Their most successful E3 show ever was game after game with little talking and only short demos, which allowed them to announce a ton of games, over 50 as I recall. Sony's June show by comparison, despite being 1 hour 15 minutes, only had 26 games I think, because they wasted alot of time. They had a pointless PS4 montage at the beginning, followed by a pointless GTA V trailer that didn't even show the game running on PS5. They had a good bit of talking, some of the trailers and demos were a bit too long, and of course like 7 minutes used on the PS5 reveal and DualSense trailer. I reckon with the right format, and an id@Xbox montage trailer for smaller projects which Sony showed individually on their June show, MS could get maybe 32 games into an hour. They better not allow CoD to have a 7-8 minute demo like they used to do when they had CoD marketing in the 360 and early XB1 days. They also better not spend more than 5 minutes on the Halo campaign demo. Ideally, trailers should be less than 2.5 minutes, gameplay demos less than 3.5 minutes, so that they can get as many games as possible into the 1 hour show.

Of course, we also have to remember that Sony still has another show coming in August, where they will announce more games. The July show being only 1 hour likely does mean that MS is holding some games back for the August Series S Reveal and S/X pricing & release date event, as well as a possible digital XO20 event in November, and maybe even a game announce for The Game Awards 2020, since the Hellblade 2 announce last year worked out so well for them.

Is that 1 hour firm or can they go beyond that?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

twintail said:
sales2099 said:
Holy shit. I get Xcloud for free since I all ready am GP Ultimate. MS you outdid yourself, by far the most consumer friendly of the big 3.

PSNow has streaming and the downloading of PS4 games at one fixed price.

Surely MS offering the same is only natural?

I guess you simply missed the point where the difference is. MS is offering both now for an awesome price if you look at what you get. Sony is offering both for a price for which they need to offer both or it would be overpriced

Which means the answer should be no, MS offering "the same" isn't natural because they don't even offer the same. MS offers more for the money. That's why PSNow is still something not many care about even with the Playstation brand so much stronger than the Xbox brand. There is a reason for MS's bigger success with Gamepass atm even with Playstation having so many more fans and followers. 

im debating swapping gamepass deals with musical intermission done by david guetta ft. daft punk