By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

Rumors now that Sony could buy a publisher, i really hope that it isn’t Capcom.

It's basically open season for the next year whilst MS complete their $68B deal their hands are tied and they can't really risk counter offers if other companies go for studios they would be interested in.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:

This is a good move from Sony, they get at least one good FPS to counter COD going away. Microsoft still have a the lead obviously in FPS, but Sony needed that.

3.6B tho... When Bethesda was at 7.5B.
I mean, I know I never really liked Bungie so much but I feel like this is really expensive esp. when you compared them with what Bethesda brought to the table compared to them

That 3.6B price tag is indeed overvalued for a company which made only one game in 10 years. And still not clear what value will this acquisition give them if let's say Bungie will really remain Multiplatform developer. Seems like a total waste

Looks to me, Bungie is going to stay multiplatform. It seems like the only way Bungie was going to agree to be acquired is to stay "independent" and free to decide where their games release.

EspadaGrim said:

Rumors now that Sony could buy a publisher, i really hope that it isn’t Capcom.

Can't wait to hear how it is such a great move for a better industry. And no one bringing up concerns about industry consolidation.

smroadkill15 said:

Looks to me, Bungie is going to stay multiplatform. It seems like the only way Bungie was going to agree to be acquired is to stay "independent" and free to decide where their games release.

It seems so, but still depends on real documents. Sony still owns 100% of their shares after this deal closes, so I suppose they will have a word on platform support if there is no juridical blocks in the documents about it. 

Around the Network

I can see Sony could potentially make a play for NetherRealm and Mortal Kombat.

I think that publishers might want to wait till after the MS ActiBlizz deal because they know that MS can offer more and make it a bidding war.

derpysquirtle64 said:
smroadkill15 said:

It seems so, but still depends on real documents. Sony still owns 100% of their shares after this deal closes, so I suppose they will have a word on platform support if there is no juridical blocks in the documents about it. 

On twitter when MS bough Bethesda and Activision the narrative was that they should keep the games multiplatform to make more money but with Sony it's that the games should be exclusive or it's not worth it.

Bro trying to be Phil Spencer

jason1637 said:

Bro trying to be Phil Spencer

It's the battle between two double first name CEOs.

Ryuu96 said:

Bungie asking Microsoft for less is a bit surprising.

Must have broke Phil's heart to say no, Lmao, I wonder why they didn't, already got enough FPS? Maybe that multiplatform clause?

Maybe didn't fit their strategic vision. There's no point in buying every FPS dev in the industry. Who would MS be competing against then? Themselves?