By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game of 2019

What was the worst game released in 2019 that you played, and what made it deserving of the title?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 December 2019

Around the Network

It's between Xenon Racer and Contra Rogue Corps.

Xenon Racer looked like a fun arcade racer but it's awful. High difficulty spikes. Horrible performance on Switch. It felt like a game that needed 6 more months in development.The car handling is awful. Even on PC. It's impossible to not hit walls at every turn. The track design is too tight. AI leaves you in the dust after one mistake.

Contra Rogue Corps. I thought this might be fun even if rough top-down shooter much like a game on Dreamcast called Expendable. It's not. It's just bad. It looks awful on any console but on Switch it's sub 360P. You cannot aim very well so when enemies are above and they are hard to see it makes it a chore. The game is a top-down arcade shooter that has a cooldown mechanic. A COOLDOWN MECHANIC IN A TWIN STICK ARCADE SHOOTER! WTF?! Then it has all these crafting mechanics and upgrades trees and shit in a fucking Contra game! It's just everything not to do! Ok yeah, the tone of the game isn't bad. Goofy not taking itself too seriously. Just everything else is awful.

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 December 2019

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Super Mario Maker 2

It's not a bad game, it's just the game I was least compelled by out of all the stuff I played this year

I mean if you want me to name a bad game from this year, I would say YIIK: A Postmodern RPG, but I didn't actually play it, so...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Probabably dmc5. Between all the dmc games, plus similar titles like the god of war games, castlevania, etc, this game has not made me smile yet, or put me in awe. Maybe it's time they put out something worthy of a next gen title, besides graphics. Maybe rework the physics and ai, because in my mind, it's a been there done that experience. But for someone else, it may be fresh and exciting.

Do people not get the difference between something you didn't likje and actual worst? I'm the only one who has actually listed bad games. Not a great game I didn't like. Otherwise this thread is just bad hot takes.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'll have to wait until my hero Jim Sterling makes his shittiest games list to know what game will hold that distinction.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Probably Pokemon Shield, haven't finished it yet and don't think I ever will. I could list all of the complaints, but I think everyone knows them by now.

Heroes Trials and Awesome Pea. Both indie games that probably no one ever heard of.

Moving out of the indie and up into the "A" territory, we also have NASCAR Heat 4 which is IMO pretty terrible.

Last edited by Barozi - on 28 December 2019

Kingdom Hearts 3 is by default the best and worst game of 2019 for me, as it is the only game from 2019 that I have played.

Borderlands 3, just couldn't get into it