By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game of 2019

I didn't buy that many games this year, so this isn't really a bad game - just my biggest disappointment:

Luigi's Mansion 3. There was a ton of charm and effort, but I was just expecting a true successor to the original when that was never the intention. As such, I ended up feeling a tad underwhelmed.

Around the Network

I'd have to say Luigi's Mansion 3 as well, not because it's bad, just everything else I've played is way better.

I'd have to say Astral Chain. I generally really like Platinum's work, but I just haven't been able to get into this one. Not that it's bad, but I'm generally good at only purchasing games I'm reasonably sure I'll enjoy, and this one hasn't grabbed me yet. I'll probably give it another go, and maybe it will win me over, but so far it's my least favorite and kind of disappointed me in a year when my gaming funds and times were limited.

My worst game I got this year was Princess Maker: Faery Tales Come True. Mostly because it was a rough port. I like the series in general.

Anthem.....

Around the Network

I haven't played any 2019 games. My backlog has become so large... Also, with other hobbies now, I don't spend as much on gaming as I used to. I usually buy games 1-3 or even 5 years from release.

Come to think of it, at this point I feel like I've gotten pretty good at sniffing out and avoiding bad games; now that I think about it, Claybook is the only game I've bought from the last 3 years that I'd call straight-up bad.

Gears 5.

Biggest disappointment this gen. Released unfinished with huge amount of bugs and server issues. Both campaign and multiplayer are lacking identity, they just threw in ideas from other games and the end product is a mess.

The monetization & battle pass grind system is worst I've seen yet. I thought they wouldn't sink lower than 50€ Gears 4 season pass scam but I was wrong.