By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:

It's so long it may not fit length wise on my furniture. I don't want it hanging off the edge. I guess I'm just spoiled by Nintendo and hate how massive and intrusive Microsoft and Sony products are lol. I want things tiny like Snes, Wii, GameCube, Wii U, and Switch doc. It's speaker that way and then everything looks better.

It looks long but, as somebody else said, it's just the length of 3 controllers lined up. That may be in issue for some more than others. I can only speak for myself when I say: If it's a product I want, I find a way to make it work.

Hell, I have 6 consoles a PSVR, and Dish Network connected to a TV with only 4 HDMI ports and they're all powered by two outlets! If the system itself is attractive enough, I don't think many will complain.

We just like things looking sleek and not cluttered, which is what a bunch of boxes and cords look like. Take the charm out of a home when there are dozens of wires running everywhere.

Around the Network

The 2001 monolith part of the presentation looked cool

It looks like it could read lips...

smroadkill15 said:
thismeintiel said:

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

Do you ever get tired of the console war bs? Serious question. 

I am visiting VGC every 3 months or so and wrote like 7 comments this year...

Come back and see the same guys trolling the same products. I feel like I am too old for this.
It was fun in 2011 though! He apparently did not make the jump.

I kind of like the design. Complaining that it looks like a Bluetooth speaker is just stupid. Even so, is this a bad thing? Almost every console looks like another SAT-receiver / cable box to me. And I couldn't care less.

The name is irrelevant to me as well.
I will call it Xbox anyway. As I did with every MS console.

When you talk to someone, are you like "I will play with my Playstation 4 Pro / Xbox One X tonight!" or are you like "I will play Playstation / Xbox tonight!" ?

But Hellblade... Dear lord... what a teaser!
A console release with Hellbalde and Halo is a very good start.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The fact that they boldly proclaim it "Fastest. Most Powerful" is a risky move, as that could bite them on the arse if PS5 turns out to have the edge in processing muscle. I can see that image going viral in a mocking way.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The fact that they boldly proclaim it "Fastest. Most Powerful" is a risky move, as that could bite them on the arse if PS5 turns out to have the edge in processing muscle. I can see that image going viral in a mocking way.

I think they meant the "fastest" and "most powerful" Xbox yet.  I think Sony also used the term "fastest" for the PS5.

The name is ridiculous but I like how the console looks. I don't like how it fits though.

finalrpgfantasy said:
curl-6 said:

I think they meant the "fastest" and "most powerful" Xbox yet.  I think Sony also used the term "fastest" for the PS5.

Fair point, but I can still see that image used as viral console war ammo if it doesn't turn out to be stronger than PS5.

Mind you, I'm happy with the power level offered by the Switch so it doesn't bother me overly much which is faster.

d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:
It should have been called and Xtower rather than an Xbox Series X or whatever. Xtower would have been cool.

Also, this is not going to fit on entertainment center and I don't have enough floor space so k might not be able to get one now :(

I see this complaint all over social media. I haven't seen the official word but everyone keeps saying "Lay it on its side". I assume that's an option. Early PS2 images always showed it standing up but laying it on its side was an option--in fact it was preferred.

You just have to look at the slot its vertical when the consoles upright rather than being in a horizontal position that seems to suggest that they factored in gamers laying it on the side, still they are behind the designers of the PS1, who not only made theirs top loading but allowed for the eventual weakening of the laser by allowing it to work upside down now that's prescience.

Still I feel MS missed a trick by not calling it the Sex Box 69 and shaping it like a dildo.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

im fucking hyped, looks slick hope the output will be aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.