By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

I don't understand why people are complaining about the name, It's part of the Xbox brand. We live in an era of gaming where Wii was an official console name.
Seem to me it's just a bunch of Non-Xbox fan complaining about the name.

I like the name it's clean and simple and continue promoting the Xbox brand.

The new console look super sleek, I made the decision a few years ago that my PC/Laptop would no longer be use for any gaming. Therefore, I really like Microsoft new support on offering the most powerful gaming console. If you want to own the most powerful console well you can't have a compact Switch like console. This console actually look like something that can deliver the promise of immense power.

I can understand that for some people the size of the console might not fit their living room or which ever setup they have for their gaming. But, for me It's a console that I want out in the open on display.

XBOX Series X is a Day 1 purchase for me.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Tried to work out the size of the console by using the controller as scale.

Xbox One Dimensions = 7208cm3 = 33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm
Xbox One S Dimensions = 4342cm3 = 29.5cm x 23cm x 6.4cm
Xbox One X Dimensions = 4320cm3 = 30cm x 24cm x 6cm
Xbox Series X Dimensions = 6570cm3 = 29.2cm x 15cm x 15cm

So in terms of volume it's smaller than the OG XBO, a fair bit larger than the XBO S/X.

It is not going to fit in my relegated XBOX shelf.  Either I can't buy one or I have to actually have in a location where I might actually see it.  Decisions, decisions.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Barkley said:
d21lewis said:
Now that we have the system, are they gonna enhance the controller? I LOVE the Xbox One controller but I always look forward to improvements. In the past, when I get a new system, sometimes I would just sit there with the controller in my hand and say "Wow, this is nice."

From what Phil Spencer said it seems changes are minimal. DPAD has been changed to be like the Elite Controller's and there's a share button. Other then that there doesn't appear to be any substantial changes.

Don't change what ain't broke. Other than adding paddles on the back I don't see a need for gamepads to change in any big way.

I noticed a slight design change by the white X on top of the controller. Current Xbox controllers there is a curve around the X but this one is just flat. Its a nice little change. 

mutantsushi said:
Hmmm... Boring as hell name, like nobody cares about Playstation # but it doesn't have pretensions, y'know...?
At least "360" sounded like "global" or skater-bro, maybe "One" even had suicide cult mystic vibe to it...
(I was rooting for MS to get multicultural and name the next gen "Dos Equis Box". Or "Deux Box" for French vibes)
Let's see, nickname... For the low brow, lets say... Ass Sex Box. For the high brow, lets say... Xerxes.

The designs just seems excessively gimmicky while simultaneously boring and unsubtle, for no good purpose.
I know the format won't be a problem for lots of people, but for some it will, so doesn't seem like legit design.
As long as there is no problem with fans working on it's side, that should also work for more people too though.

Nothing on RAM size/spec yet? But OK, share button, yeah... WTF.

You say the design seems excessively gimmicky, but when I look at that design, and Phil words 2 things stand out.  First, this machine is suppose to have a 12TF GPU in it that isn't on the market.  With the CPU and memory this machine is suppose to have, a traditional console form factor sounds like it would not work. This machine is going to run hot and it will definitely need enough cooling to not only cover its heat signature but also its acoustics. MS is making a priority in cooling and acoustics.  I know I really do not want this thing sounding like my PS4, even my PS4 Pro is pretty loud compared to the X1X in my home.

As for specifics, if you thought MS was going to make announcements on those items this early, you really is not paying attention to how Sony and MS is playing this out.  Do not expect to see that info until late next year, probably E3.

It should have been called and Xtower rather than an Xbox Series X or whatever. Xtower would have been cool.

Also, this is not going to fit on entertainment center and I don't have enough floor space so k might not be able to get one now :(

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
It should have been called and Xtower rather than an Xbox Series X or whatever. Xtower would have been cool.

Also, this is not going to fit on entertainment center and I don't have enough floor space so k might not be able to get one now :(

I see this complaint all over social media. I haven't seen the official word but everyone keeps saying "Lay it on its side". I assume that's an option. Early PS2 images always showed it standing up but laying it on its side was an option--in fact it was preferred.

Well I will have to see a specs report in comparison to the PS5 in order to sway one way or the other. However Hell's Blade 2 is an enticing exclusive which is something that was and has been missing on the Xbox One.

d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:

I see this complaint all over social media. I haven't seen the official word but everyone keeps saying "Lay it on its side". I assume that's an option. Early PS2 images always showed it standing up but laying it on its side was an option--in fact it was preferred.

You can lay it on it's side, but it's still about 15cm tall or just under, compared to the 6.4cm of the XBO S and 7.9cm of the OG XBO. Some peoples entertainment centres may accommodate it, others may not. You'd basically need enough room to stack two consoles.

Barkley said:
d21lewis said:

You can lay it on it's side, but it's still about 15cm tall or just under, compared to the 6.4cm of the XBO S and 7.9cm of the OG XBO. Some peoples entertainment centres may accommodate it, others may not. You'd basically need enough room to stack two consoles.

It's so long it may not fit length wise on my furniture. I don't want it hanging off the edge. I guess I'm just spoiled by Nintendo and hate how massive and intrusive Microsoft and Sony products are lol. I want things tiny like Snes, Wii, GameCube, Wii U, and Switch doc. It's speaker that way and then everything looks better.

Dulfite said:
Barkley said:

It's so long it may not fit length wise on my furniture. I don't want it hanging off the edge. I guess I'm just spoiled by Nintendo and hate how massive and intrusive Microsoft and Sony products are lol. I want things tiny like Snes, Wii, GameCube, Wii U, and Switch doc. It's speaker that way and then everything looks better.

It looks long but, as somebody else said, it's just the length of 3 controllers lined up. That may be in issue for some more than others. I can only speak for myself when I say: If it's a product I want, I find a way to make it work.

Hell, I have 6 consoles a PSVR, and Dish Network connected to a TV with only 4 HDMI ports and they're all powered by two outlets! If the system itself is attractive enough, I don't think many will complain.