By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

When I first saw the image I thought MS released their own gaming PC. After finding out it was the next Xbox I immediately started to think this thing must be a beast. From the X1X and MS other design ventures, its not like they cannot get things into a small form factor. This thing screams its running the latest PC parts and temperature and acoustics were main issues on MS mind. I expect this system to be whisper quiet and also deal with thermals in the most optimal way for including in a living room space.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Do you ever get tired of the console war bs? Serious question. 

I am visiting VGC every 3 months or so and wrote like 7 comments this year...

Come back and see the same guys trolling the same products. I feel like I am too old for this.
It was fun in 2011 though! He apparently did not make the jump.

I kind of like the design. Complaining that it looks like a Bluetooth speaker is just stupid. Even so, is this a bad thing? Almost every console looks like another SAT-receiver / cable box to me. And I couldn't care less.

The name is irrelevant to me as well.
I will call it Xbox anyway. As I did with every MS console.

When you talk to someone, are you like "I will play with my Playstation 4 Pro / Xbox One X tonight!" or are you like "I will play Playstation / Xbox tonight!" ?

But Hellblade... Dear lord... what a teaser!
A console release with Hellbalde and Halo is a very good start.

Comparing to Bluetooth Speaker is a complimentary actually 

I like the design as well but it's not unique or great . It's just blend (especially if some gamers has PC )  Xbox One X is still the best for design wise  

Hell Blade  is the real deal, but Halo infinite are build as cross gen games, probably the result will not be as good as Hell Blade that using Xbox SX as baseline. 

JamesGarret said:

After the good looking Xbox One X, this design is pretty lame imo.As for the name, most people seem to think it sucks based on what I´ve been seeing, but really, they´ve always been bad at naming these systems..Xbox - Xbox360 - Xbox One/Xbox One X - now Xbox Series X...different from PS systems which are simple, straight to the point, no potential confusion..PS - PS2 - PS3 - PS4 - PS5.

That said, the name Series X implies it´s more than one system so it might be that each system in the Series X line has a different name,so the individual names might end up not being that bad, who knows..

The problem with numbers is that their boring and it will get to a point where it gets ridicules. Also it implies just another upgrade. Look at Nintendo, each console feels unique and different and the names make them special. Xbox consoles have all tried newer directions and maybe not as big as Nintendo in change, each Xbox console name has a meaning behind it.

I keep calling it the "Xbox One series X" in casual real life conversation.

Doing my head in. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Windows Central used the usb port to try and figure out the dimensions so now we have 3 slightly different ones. The ones based on the controller on the disc slot and on the usb port. They are pretty close too

Around the Network

After how things went down at the start of this gen, MS would be pretty foolish to let Sony get the jump on them again in terms of power.

SvennoJ said:
Barkley said:

Tried to work out the size of the console by using the controller as scale.

Xbox One Dimensions = 7208cm3 = 33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm
Xbox One S Dimensions = 4342cm3 = 29.5cm x 23cm x 6.4cm
Xbox One X Dimensions = 4320cm3 = 30cm x 24cm x 6cm
Xbox Series X Dimensions = 6570cm3 = 29.2cm x 15cm x 15cm

So in terms of volume it's smaller than the OG XBO, a fair bit larger than the XBO S/X.

Someone posted comparisons on Eurogamer

It's a block and kind of defeats the purpose of a console that fits in an AV cabinet instead of putting a mini pc in there.

Console look awkward vertically. But since it is like mini PC, vertically suits it more. Horizontally it look even worse.

I think the console is rushed and this is what they were able to come up with

It's just a PC gaming box for playing PC games, it isn't a console anymore even in the form factor and it will not have any exclusive games as stated before by Microsoft. Meh, this is the route they choose from now on.

Barkley said:

Tried to work out the size of the console by using the controller as scale.

Xbox One Dimensions = 7208cm3 = 33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm
Xbox One S Dimensions = 4342cm3 = 29.5cm x 23cm x 6.4cm
Xbox One X Dimensions = 4320cm3 = 30cm x 24cm x 6cm
Xbox Series X Dimensions = 6570cm3 = 29.2cm x 15cm x 15cm

So in terms of volume it's smaller than the OG XBO, a fair bit larger than the XBO S/X.

From the looks of it, there's probably a pair of 14 cm Fans on the top to push fresh, cool air into the console, significantly improving upon those small singular 6-8 cm Fans of past consoles. There could also be a 12 cm fan and a 14 cm fan at the bottom to allow for a push-pull system.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 December 2019

I don’t think a small difference in power favoring PS5 would really be that big a deal. What killed MS this gen in regards to that small power difference is they were also $100 more expensive. Price is a bigger factor. If they match or beat Sonys price they’ll fare much better in the US.