By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

trunkswd said:
Rafie said:
I don't really give a damn about the name. All we're gonna do is call it an Xbox anyway. I'm really excited about what Xbox is gonna bring this upcoming gen. It's a day one purchase for me...as usual. :D

Hellblade 2 trailer certainly peaked my interest. What I'm waiting for is Halo Infinite gameplay and Fable 4. 

Yeah I'm certainly expecting Hellblade 2 to be a wonderful marvel. Halo Infinite is definitely going to be crazy.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Some TV units won't have slots with that height, some will. 

Putting a 250W+ thingie into an enclosure = very, very bad idea.

drkohler said:
Barkley said:

Some TV units won't have slots with that height, some will. 

Putting a 250W+ thingie into an enclosure = very, very bad idea.

That depends on the enclosure. People put MUCH higher wattage ITX PC's in TV unit enclosures.

I'll wait for the games (to be honest, I haven't even watched the video. I just saw the pics).

Everything looks like something else. People are calling this thing a mini fridge. The called the PS2 a piece of stereo equipment. The GameCube was a lunch box. The PS3 was a grill. The Xbox One was a VCR. I just want good games.

Barkley said:

Tried to work out the size of the console by using the controller as scale.

Xbox One Dimensions = 7208cm3 = 33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm
Xbox One S Dimensions = 4342cm3 = 29.5cm x 23cm x 6.4cm
Xbox One X Dimensions = 4320cm3 = 30cm x 24cm x 6cm
Xbox Series X Dimensions = 6570cm3 = 29.2cm x 15cm x 15cm

So in terms of volume it's smaller than the OG XBO, a fair bit larger than the XBO S/X.

Someone posted comparisons on Eurogamer

It's a block and kind of defeats the purpose of a console that fits in an AV cabinet instead of putting a mini pc in there.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm wondering why they named after the smartphone-like models, and the tower case is you know everyone knows it's more like a PC mini tower that branded by Silverstone.

The name suggests there will be multiple SKUs and the cheaper Lockhart system is real. And going forward they might go the phone route with a new version every few years (versus every year with phones.)

Sounds like normal for enhanced consoles every 3-4 years cycle for now.

I actually like the design; sleek and simple, though I can understand people's concern about how it would fit into their entertainment center. It might have to join your subwoofer on the floor.

That name though... ugh. It's not that it sounds particularly bad to me, it's that with the existence of the Xbox One X already, it makes it very confusing; like they let a competitor choose the name for it or something. It'd be like Sony naming their next console(s) the "Playstation Pro Series".

I love the design, no question there. This is going sit beautifully next to my TV :)
But the name is... kinda out of place. Maybe they will come up with clarification, like this being the name of the whole "lineup" and not just one console.

Also, was a really nice surprise! Good job on keeping this announcement secret :)

Hmmm... Boring as hell name, like nobody cares about Playstation # but it doesn't have pretensions, y'know...?
At least "360" sounded like "global" or skater-bro, maybe "One" even had suicide cult mystic vibe to it...
(I was rooting for MS to get multicultural and name the next gen "Dos Equis Box". Or "Deux Box" for French vibes)
Let's see, nickname... For the low brow, lets say... Ass Sex Box. For the high brow, lets say... Xerxes.

The designs just seems excessively gimmicky while simultaneously boring and unsubtle, for no good purpose.
I know the format won't be a problem for lots of people, but for some it will, so doesn't seem like legit design.
As long as there is no problem with fans working on it's side, that should also work for more people too though.

Nothing on RAM size/spec yet? But OK, share button, yeah... WTF.

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 13 December 2019

Heh, for a while I've suspected that Microsoft was going to find a way to transition XBox gamers to the PC.  Looks like this is how they are going to do it.  It's not subtle either.