By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 5 8.62%

No! 53 91.38%

Total:58
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Well I'm not sure exactly what it was but food poisoning is my main suspect as the symptoms match. It seemed to kick in during my time at the restaurant, at first I just thought I was having a meltdown when I first felt the nausea and shivers, and I put down the soreness to physical therapy that morning. But I was only there for a little over an hour so maybe that's too fast for it to happen and it was something else that got me earlier, can't imagine what though.

I wonder if it was anxiety. When I went ot the city first time after lockdown felt sick like the place was covered in COVID lol

ON a more upbeat question, how has it been since the date? Still chatting? attempt number 2?

That's what I thought it was at first two but once it got to the point of fever, body aches, etc I decided it had to be some sort of infection. Whatever it was passed within 48 hours. Maybe I got bit by a spider and didn't feel it or something, I'll probably never know now.

Apparently the date wasn't just terrifying to me either; the girl has decided she's not ready to date or even go out and meet with people in general yet, as she found the meeting quite an ordeal as well. We've decided to stay in touch online but it looks like we won't be dating.

Around the Network

Forget Dating Apps, try Cold Approach.  Do not get discouraged by rejections and keep powering on. Eventually you will get some numbers leading to more dates. It takes more courage to Cold Approach than hide behind Dating Apps.

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 02 February 2021

Phoenix20 said:

Forget Dating Apps, try Cold Approach.  Do not get discouraged by rejections and keep powering on. Eventually you will get some numbers leading to more dates. It takes more courage to Cold Approach than hide behind Dating Apps.

If you can get over the fear of rejection, the cold approach is the fun approach I find.  Its something I have told my Son on countless times that if you wait to ask a girl out on a date you actually create this situaton where if you are turned down it crushes you.  Instead I told him if you see someone you think is attractive, no matter how attractive they are, ask them out.  If they turn you down, it really never hits your ego as hard as it would if you wait a week or month.  I learned this after high school when I found out that a lot of girls I though I had no chance with actually told me they would have given me a shot but I was way to shy to say anything.  After that, I started to ask any woman out I though was attractive and even though I got turned down a lot, I also got a lot of hits.  Interesting enough, quite a few of them that turned me down in the beginning gave me a shot later on as I was pretty cool if shot down but made sure they knew I was not the friend zone person but instead someone who was always their ready for the opportunity.  Never forceful or needy but also not the person to pocket into the friend zone and forget.

Cold Approach for a normal person is challenging enough. Aspergers Syndrome makes it even more challenging.
Unfortunately I have Aspergers Syndrome. I find it hard to read non-verbal cues like maintain eye contact or read body language.
I have to come up with some good lines and hope for the best and not make a complete fool of myself. I will need to have quite a bit of liquid courage before approaching without slurring my words.

Why does it sound like Dark_Lord_2008 with a new name lol?

Around the Network

Autism definitely makes things more challenging, but it's not a death sentence; in spite of it I have managed to date three awesome and beautiful women in my life. I've been rejected hundreds if not thousands of times, but the only certainty of failure is giving up. I just dust myself off and keep going, and try to learn from my mistakes.

My last Tinder stint has been CRAZY.

* somehow matched with multiple Instagram influencers
* ended up as the psychologist of a married woman fed up with her husband
* finally went out with people I met long ago and met again there in the app
* STILL no dating opportunities with the bi nerdish girls I'm mostly interested in

Adding anti-Bolsonaro messaging on the profile has been like catnip I tell you.

haxxiy said:

* STILL no dating opportunities with the bi nerdish girls I'm mostly interested in

Yeah I've heard since women tend to be more liberal than men being conservative is a turn-off to many of them. I have my profile's political standing set to "moderate", maybe I should set it to "left/liberal" haha.

curl-6 said:
haxxiy said:

Yeah I've heard since women tend to be more liberal than men being conservative is a turn-off to many of them. I have my profile's political standing set to "moderate", maybe I should set it to "left/liberal" haha.

Maybe we're on to something here haha.

curl-6 said:
haxxiy said:

Do women want Liberal males though? TBH I don't even know what a liberal male would look like lol.

My wife's single friends seem to want some unrealistic expectations of a man. One of them I given up hope on as she wants a guy that is exactly 6 foot 2, a vegan, save the planet oriented and someone that they can bend to their will and do everything they want. What happen to just wanting a nice guy who respect and treats you right lol?). I have to bite my tongue and say perhaps this is why you are still single lol.