By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 5 8.62%

No! 53 91.38%

Total:58

This girl and I seem to be vibing really well over text, I just hope that translates over to interacting in person tonight, which is where I tend to have the most trouble due to my social awkwardness. So far so good though, we seem to have a connection I haven't felt with anyone in a long time, not since the last woman I was with back in 2019.

The first meeting in person is always a big hurdle, and one where I often get sorted into the friends basket. We'll see how we go.

Around the Network

I got bored quickly of dating apps when I did not got any messages.
I have tried OKC and POF but I have not bothered with Tinder, Bumble, Hinge or the various other apps.
I highly doubt profile changes would make much of a difference.
Dating apps are a lottery and is the luck of the draw whether you get matches or not.
Dating apps are marketed as an easy way to get dates but for many guys we struggle to get any matches.

Nope. It doesn't change anything if u pay. People on tinder that uses it alot are very vain. U have to have profile that's striking with alot of fluff and pictures of urself in a. Good pose. Don't use alot of filters

Well, she seemed really nice and we did get along well, but I ended up spending most of the night afterwards at hospital due to what seems to have been mild food poisoning. Got chill, nausea, aches and pains, etc, it mostly cleared up as the night went on but I still feel a bit crappy haha.

I don't think I was quite ready to go out to the city either, I got super anxious and after just over an hour in a restaurant so loud I could hardly hear myself talk, I had to leave before I had a meltdown. She was very understanding, hopefully she doesn't hold it against me.

curl-6 said:

Well, she seemed really nice and we did get along well, but I ended up spending most of the night afterwards at hospital due to what seems to have been mild food poisoning. Got chill, nausea, aches and pains, etc, it mostly cleared up as the night went on but I still feel a bit crappy haha.

I don't think I was quite ready to go out to the city either, I got super anxious and after just over an hour in a restaurant so loud I could hardly hear myself talk, I had to leave before I had a meltdown. She was very understanding, hopefully she doesn't hold it against me.

Where did you go? Most places where I been around the city seemed to have been relatively quiet. Saying that, it was two weeks ago where I went around to see lol

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Where did you go? Most places where I been around the city seemed to have been relatively quiet. Saying that, it was two weeks ago where I went around to see lol

Went to an Italian joint in the CBD; small space with a bustling kitchen right next to use as well as a dozen tables of people having loud conversations. Didn't help that I started feeling sick as the night went on.

The good news is, after two nights to sleep it off and taking it easy yesterday, I no longer feel half dead, and seem to have recovered from whatever it was that got me.

Funnily enough I met this chick on Bumble; she's only the second time I've gotten a date from that particular app.

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Went to an Italian joint in the CBD; small space with a bustling kitchen right next to use as well as a dozen tables of people having loud conversations. Didn't help that I started feeling sick as the night went on.

The good news is, after two nights to sleep it off and taking it easy yesterday, I no longer feel half dead, and seem to have recovered from whatever it was that got me.

Funnily enough I met this chick on Bumble; she's only the second time I've gotten a date from that particular app.

Oh so you actually got food poisoning from the Italian Restaurant? Or like the day before? The one I like in the CBD is Vapianos as they cook it in front of you when you line up for the food so you can see it is freshly cooked. You pretty much choose what you want and they cook it. They also cook Pizza.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Oh so you actually got food poisoning from the Italian Restaurant? Or like the day before? The one I like in the CBD is Vapianos as they cook it in front of you when you line up for the food so you can see it is freshly cooked. You pretty much choose what you want and they cook it. They also cook Pizza.

Well I'm not sure exactly what it was but food poisoning is my main suspect as the symptoms match. It seemed to kick in during my time at the restaurant, at first I just thought I was having a meltdown when I first felt the nausea and shivers, and I put down the soreness to physical therapy that morning. But I was only there for a little over an hour so maybe that's too fast for it to happen and it was something else that got me earlier, can't imagine what though.

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 02 February 2021

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Well I'm not sure exactly what it was but food poisoning is my main suspect as the symptoms match. It seemed to kick in during my time at the restaurant, at first I just thought I was having a meltdown when I first felt the nausea and shivers, and I put down the soreness to physical therapy that morning. But I was only there for a little over an hour so maybe that's too fast for it to happen and it was something else that got me earlier, can't imagine what though.

I wonder if it was anxiety. When I went ot the city first time after lockdown felt sick like the place was covered in COVID lol

ON a more upbeat question, how has it been since the date? Still chatting? attempt number 2?