By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake timed exclusivity period announced, 1 year timed

Xxain said:
That has always been the case. I dont think abody thought it would be trapped in exclusive land. Too much money to be made.

Many, many people apparently thought it was going to remain exclusive. Though I agree that was an unlikely opinion to hold.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Xxain said:
That has always been the case. I dont think abody thought it would be trapped in exclusive land. Too much money to be made.

Many, many people apparently thought it was going to remain exclusive. Though I agree that was an unlikely opinion to hold.

That they did. I remember posting about playing it on Scarlett not all that long ago in an article on the "Latest Stories". So many downvotes I think I went below the viewable threshold. 

ironmanDX said:
starcraft said:

That they did. I remember posting about playing it on Scarlett not all that long ago in an article on the "Latest Stories". So many downvotes I think I went below the viewable threshold. 

Nevermind the E3 threads when it was announced...was a clusterf*&k.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Hmh.
Speaking of PS5, it would be a nice port for the console's launch

Ill pick up the next gen remastered version. Knowing Square they will milk this remake like no tomorrow.

Around the Network
Moren said:
Hmh.
Speaking of PS5, it would be a nice port for the console's launch

Agreed. It really seems like next generation consoles will benefit from the games delay quite a bit. Especially if there are droughts which can sometimes happen not too long after launch.

Azzanation said:
Ill pick up the next gen remastered version. Knowing Square they will milk this remake like no tomorrow.

Not going to get the GOTY edition with dirge of Cerberus? Or the deluxe crisis core edition with the playable Zak Fair skin that you can use all game making flashbacks hilariously awesome because 2 Zaks are better than one?

Very much expected and a great addition to the early Scarlett library.

And PS5 update via backwards compatibility in November 2020.

ironmanDX said:

Azzanation said:

Not going to get the GOTY edition with dirge of Cerberus? Or the deluxe crisis core edition with the playable Zak Fair skin that you can use all game making flashbacks hilariously awesome because 2 Zaks are better than one?

Ill trade all that for a next gen remaster.

I am doubting PS5 version, because PS5 can play PS4 games. A game patch could help the enhancement on PS5 like PS4 Pro to PS4 games.

Probably PC or Xbox One, Switch if they can make the games run smooth and let other studios port and modified  it,  could possibly happen. But i am sure it will be just PC and Xbox or just PC.