By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake timed exclusivity period announced, 1 year timed

Hmh.
Speaking of PS5, it would be a nice port for the console's launch

Around the Network

Ill pick up the next gen remastered version. Knowing Square they will milk this remake like no tomorrow.

Moren said:
Hmh.
Speaking of PS5, it would be a nice port for the console's launch

Agreed. It really seems like next generation consoles will benefit from the games delay quite a bit. Especially if there are droughts which can sometimes happen not too long after launch.

Azzanation said:
Ill pick up the next gen remastered version. Knowing Square they will milk this remake like no tomorrow.

Not going to get the GOTY edition with dirge of Cerberus? Or the deluxe crisis core edition with the playable Zak Fair skin that you can use all game making flashbacks hilariously awesome because 2 Zaks are better than one?

Very much expected and a great addition to the early Scarlett library.

ironmanDX said:

Azzanation said:

Not going to get the GOTY edition with dirge of Cerberus? Or the deluxe crisis core edition with the playable Zak Fair skin that you can use all game making flashbacks hilariously awesome because 2 Zaks are better than one?

Ill trade all that for a next gen remaster.

Around the Network

I am doubting PS5 version, because PS5 can play PS4 games. A game patch could help the enhancement on PS5 like PS4 Pro to PS4 games.

Probably PC or Xbox One, Switch if they can make the games run smooth and let other studios port and modified  it,  could possibly happen. But i am sure it will be just PC and Xbox or just PC. 

Good. By then I should have a PC that can run it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's actually longer than I thought.

starcraft said:
Xxain said:
That has always been the case. I dont think abody thought it would be trapped in exclusive land. Too much money to be made.

Many, many people apparently thought it was going to remain exclusive. Though I agree that was an unlikely opinion to hold.

No? They said it was "coming first to PlayStation" when it was announced.

Sony has been very consistent and clear about what it is gonna an actual exclusive and what it isn't, it's properly one of the few things they're doing right this generation. They took it further with this title and made it super clear on the box, which is commendable.

As far as I can tell, only Phil and MS are actively misleading their audience with timed exclusivity deals and presenting them as proper exclusives. For example, I remember you being one of the gullible people who were heavily mislead with the Tomb Raider "is a proper exclusive announcement". On the other hand, SF5 is still nowhere to be seen on Xbox. 

As for FF7 being a timed exclusive, it is still a big deal, timed or not. One of SONY's best deals actually because FF7 fanbase is one of the largest among the communities. I just doubt SE will deliver, and not sure if the game is going to live up to the fans' expectations, 5 years after the initial announcement. 

Oh btw Adam Boyes said when it first reveal back in E3 2015, "It's coming to PS4 first "