By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake timed exclusivity period announced, 1 year timed

CuCabeludo said:
Just don't buy any game this end Gen. Cause they will be released for next Gen systems with better looks and frame rates.

Thank you but I do what I want.

I will buy Day 1 for my PS4 Pro then on PC one year later.

Last edited by Keiji - on 10 December 2019

Around the Network
Keiji said:
CuCabeludo said:
Just don't buy any game this end Gen. Cause they will be released for next Gen systems with better looks and frame rates.

Thank you but I do what I want.

yeh, i will no longer buy in this remastered scam. end-gen titles gets re-released for next gen with better looks a year later and make people buy them again.

Unless it is about a collection remastered (2-3 games remastered and packed with the price of one).

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 10 December 2019

It's weird that they put it in the box but this not shocking at all, it'll most probably come to PS5/PC/Scarlett/Xbone (not sure how possible would a Switch version be, though).

1 year is WAY too long for an anticipated game for me, so its a must for Ps4.

LurkerJ said:
starcraft said:

Many, many people apparently thought it was going to remain exclusive. Though I agree that was an unlikely opinion to hold.

No? They said it was "coming first to PlayStation" when it was announced.

Sony has been very consistent and clear about what it is gonna an actual exclusive and what it isn't, it's properly one of the few things they're doing right this generation. They took it further with this title and made it super clear on the box, which is commendable.

As far as I can tell, only Phil and MS are actively misleading their audience with timed exclusivity deals and presenting them as proper exclusives. For example, I remember you being one of the gullible people who were heavily mislead with the Tomb Raider "is a proper exclusive announcement". On the other hand, SF5 is still nowhere to be seen on Xbox. 

As for FF7 being a timed exclusive, it is still a big deal, timed or not. One of SONY's best deals actually because FF7 fanbase is one of the largest among the communities. I just doubt SE will deliver, and not sure if the game is going to live up to the fans' expectations, 5 years after the initial announcement. 

If that is and has always been your view, then thats great.

Unfortunately, particularly around the announcement at E3, that is degree of clarity that many people lacked. As for your more personal comment, you are mis-remembering. Though I do recall riling a few people up at the time, perhaps you were one of them

Though I am glad you brought RotTR up - its a good point of comparison for the broad ineffectiveness of deals like this. Part of it is the quality and expectations issue you raise, but its also the timing. The game will at a minimum be on the PS4 for 6 months before it has a chance to push PS5's. A PS4 that already has multiple FF games. And it will be on PS5 (maybe, MAYBE) for a few months before PC, Xbox, Mobile, NEOGEO etc. At that time, all the other platforms will get a game of the year/complete edition, same as with RotTR. All-in-all, hard to see how it will push consoles.

The rest of it - come on dude, Sony isn't being benevolent. Square designs their box art.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Good for Sony. But a year is better than never for MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wasn't this revealed to be a timed exclusive when it was first announced at E3 2016?

The only other version I'd be interested in is the PC version, but I'm not willing to wait. I just hope there isn't some kind of "carry over" with save files or whatnot that would negatively impact when I eventually get the PC version of subsequent games.

PotentHerbs said:
Wasn't this revealed to be a timed exclusive when it was first announced at E3 2016?

Yes. It was very clear on the trailer that it was "first on PS4", I don't remember Sony using any announcement you had to guess where the game would go for.

People still think some version of SFV will go to other consoles. But Sony stated console exclusive on reveal and on press release said it would never show in another console, people said a Super, Ultra or any other name would, haven't happened yet.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LurkerJ said:

Between August 2015 and October 2019, the game total sales went up from 11 million copies to 12.3, aided by a lazy HD PS4 port. It's easy to imagine the demand for the actual remake and how this is a definitive win for SONY. 

One can pretend that 1 year of timed exclusivity isn't a big deal... only if we're talking about an Uncharted clone, not the remake of the biggest Final Fantasy game.

You underestimate the market. Timed exclusives work well when there isnt much to play. When FF7 arrives, gamers have plenty of choices in Cyberpunk, TLOU2, Doom Enternal, Ori 2 etc. Gamers will wait if they have other great games available. 

This gen was full of gaps and in some cases nothing to play at some points,  thats where timed exclusives work really well. The hardcore FF crowd will obviously flock over FF7 remake day one however the market is alot bigger than just the hardcore.