By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake timed exclusivity period announced, 1 year timed

Good. By then I should have a PC that can run it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

It's actually longer than I thought.

HollyGamer said:

I am doubting PS5 version, because PS5 can play PS4 games. A game patch could help the enhancement on PS5 like PS4 Pro to PS4 games.

Probably PC or Xbox One, Switch if they can make the games run smooth and let other studios port and modified  it,  could possibly happen. But i am sure it will be just PC and Xbox or just PC. 

Never underestimate the greed of game publishers. Why only release a backwards compatibility update that you’ll make no extra money from, when you can sell the game to people a second time with 4K 60fps and a few other extra graphical bells and whistles turned on?

starcraft said:
Xxain said:
That has always been the case. I dont think abody thought it would be trapped in exclusive land. Too much money to be made.

Many, many people apparently thought it was going to remain exclusive. Though I agree that was an unlikely opinion to hold.

No? They said it was "coming first to PlayStation" when it was announced.

Sony has been very consistent and clear about what it is gonna an actual exclusive and what it isn't, it's properly one of the few things they're doing right this generation. They took it further with this title and made it super clear on the box, which is commendable.

As far as I can tell, only Phil and MS are actively misleading their audience with timed exclusivity deals and presenting them as proper exclusives. For example, I remember you being one of the gullible people who were heavily mislead with the Tomb Raider "is a proper exclusive announcement". On the other hand, SF5 is still nowhere to be seen on Xbox. 

As for FF7 being a timed exclusive, it is still a big deal, timed or not. One of SONY's best deals actually because FF7 fanbase is one of the largest among the communities. I just doubt SE will deliver, and not sure if the game is going to live up to the fans' expectations, 5 years after the initial announcement. 

Oh btw Adam Boyes said when it first reveal back in E3 2015, "It's coming to PS4 first "

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
HollyGamer said:

I am doubting PS5 version, because PS5 can play PS4 games. A game patch could help the enhancement on PS5 like PS4 Pro to PS4 games.

Probably PC or Xbox One, Switch if they can make the games run smooth and let other studios port and modified  it,  could possibly happen. But i am sure it will be just PC and Xbox or just PC. 

Never underestimate the greed of game publishers. Why only release a backwards compatibility update that you’ll make no extra money from, when you can sell the game to people a second time with 4K 60fps and a few other extra graphical bells and whistles turned on?

More then welcome , but i will wait a year or two (spoiler it's not concern because i know the stories) I will play on PS5 using PS4 BD or perhaps if it has PS5 version i will choose that version.  

shikamaru317 said:
HollyGamer said:

Enhancement patches will just be paid dlc. 

On reveal it was implied 1 year timed exclusivity and them released on PC. I don't think other platforms will see the game so soon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

1 Year of exclusivity is huge. It will represent 90% of the sales on PS4 by the end of 2021 because FF games are always super frontloaded. To the very "few" people that want that game only in XB, Switch or PC in 2021...., well, good for them i guess, but let's not pretend the huge winner in all of this is not Playstation. They're not losing anything, FF franchise was exclusive no more since at least 10 years ago, so if they have this kind of advantage, is almost as it if was considered a full exclusivity. Let's not forget that the original FF VII came to PC just a year after the original PS1 version too.... so nothing really has changed since then.

Besides, it was announced from the start it was going to launch "first on PS4", so all this talking or people acting surprised is just "console wars".....

"...and PS5"

Will wait then. Cyberpunk comes out around the same time. Not like I've not played the game before.

Hmm, pie.