By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 November 2019 - Black Friday Week

trunkswd said:
Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
960,397 335,304 188,222 1,631,259
769,878 266,429 8,593 1,181,523
734,717 145,692 859 913,506
11,307 6,612 1,531 20,973
N/A N/A 24 24

Read the weekly breakdown article by region here.

Switch has passed 1 million in Spain

https://vandal.elespanol.com/noticia/1350729710/nintendo-switch-vende-mas-de-un-millon-de-consolas-en-espana/

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Sad BF numbers confirm 3DS finally reached PSV in teh Land of teh Undead, as I predicted, although I really thought it would have had at least another decent BF and Xmas period, and the actual undeath would have happened next January.

Eh there was no reason for 3DS to do decent this holiday, the last 1st party title was released over 8 months ago and 2DS has been $79 with a game bundled for about 2 years.

Basically no new games to attract new gamers and it's been at impulse buy pricing for so long that everybody who wants one has one.

Good point, actually I simply expected stores to make very attractive BF and Xmas 3DS bundles both to clear stocks and to have another good low budget offer for customers, well, on a budget. Maybe I expected even Ninty to do them and clear its own stocks, as now NS is very well launched beyond any possible doubt, so the quite long and successful 3DS story could end this Winter without any risk, simplifying logistics (and dropping a little its cost too, that never hurts) from next Spring on.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ps4 numbers are monstrous considering its in its penultimate year and with no real price cut its impressive. I predict March 2020 it gets a massive price cut and slim v2. 0

Cant wait for Ps5. Regarding xbox one they had a £99 console

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

Ps4 numbers are monstrous considering its in its penultimate year and with no real price cut its impressive. I predict March 2020 it gets a massive price cut and slim v2. 0

Cant wait for Ps5. Regarding xbox one they had a £99 console

PS4 was $199 with 3 big games thrown in (Horizon, TLOU, GoW) for Black Friday. Even discounting the value of the games that $100 off its usual price.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
zorg1000 said:

Eh there was no reason for 3DS to do decent this holiday, the last 1st party title was released over 8 months ago and 2DS has been $79 with a game bundled for about 2 years.

Basically no new games to attract new gamers and it's been at impulse buy pricing for so long that everybody who wants one has one.

Good point, actually I simply expected stores to make very attractive BF and Xmas 3DS bundles both to clear stocks and to have another good low budget offer for customers, well, on a budget. Maybe I expected even Ninty to do them and clear its own stocks, as now NS is very well launched beyond any possible doubt, so the quite long and successful 3DS story could end this Winter without any risk, simplifying logistics (and dropping a little its cost too, that never hurts) from next Spring on.

Now that Switch Lite is out to fill the niche as an affordable portable, 3DS really has no purpose any more. Nintendo will want to move people onto the new platform it's profiting more from.

Wasn't European number for Nintendo Switch too low in that chart?

The actual sales number for Nintendo Switch BF in the UK and Spain is 170k and already more than half of that number without the biggest European market "France" for the Nintendo system and Germany the same as the UK in term of market share for Nintendo system.

I think the actual number would be closer to 500k than 300k.

Around the Network
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Wasn't European number for Nintendo Switch too low in that chart?

The actual sales number for Nintendo Switch BF in the UK and Spain is 170k and already more than half of that number without the biggest European market "France" for the Nintendo system and Germany the same as the UK in term of market share for Nintendo system.

I think the actual number would be closer to 500k than 300k.

Yeah it should be quite a bit higher based on UK+Spain

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Radek said:

Should I sell my PS4 and add another 200$ to buy RX 5700 XT or don't sell PS4 and get a Switch Lite hmm...

My good old GTX 970 is crying running RDR2

Sell the PS4 and get both ^^

Seriously though, if you're still gaming on your PS4, then I'd keep the console, at least for now.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 06 December 2019

Radek said:

Should I sell my PS4 and add another 200$ to buy RX 5700 XT or don't sell PS4 and get a Switch Lite hmm...

My good old GTX 970 is crying running RDR2

It sounds like you still really enjoy your PS4 so I'd say hang onto it, in the past I have almost always regretted selling/giving away consoles. 

I would definitely recommend picking up a Switch, it has accumulated quite a strong lineup of exclusives by this point.

Radek said:
curl-6 said:

It sounds like you still really enjoy your PS4 so I'd say hang onto it, in the past I have almost always regretted selling/giving away consoles. 

I would definitely recommend picking up a Switch, it has accumulated quite a strong lineup of exclusives by this point.

I do yeah but to be fair PS5 will be backwards compatible, I could sell my PS4 and start saving up for PS5 in November, the only game I'd really regret not playing on release date would be TLOU 2.

Ah, I totally forgot that. Is it officially confirmed PS5 will be 100% backward compatible with PS4 or is that still just speculation?

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah it should be quite a bit higher based on UK+Spain

We got numbers from Spain and they are ~70k?

Those are the preliminary numbers from the vandal.net radio podcast

NSW ~70k

PS4 ~35k

XB1 >10k