By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 November 2019 - Black Friday Week

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

I do yeah but to be fair PS5 will be backwards compatible, I could sell my PS4 and start saving up for PS5 in November, the only game I'd really regret not playing on release date would be TLOU 2.

Ah, I totally forgot that. Is it officially confirmed PS5 will be 100% backward compatible with PS4 or is that still just speculation?

They're working on it. But it's not confirmed to be coming, yet atleast. Below a statement from Sony to Famitsu 2 months ago.

‘Currently, the dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information’.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/09/sony-unsure-playstation-5-backwards-compatibility-will-cover-every-game-10887485/

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
curl-6 said:

Ah, I totally forgot that. Is it officially confirmed PS5 will be 100% backward compatible with PS4 or is that still just speculation?

They're working on it. But it's not confirmed to be coming, yet atleast. Below a statement from Sony to Famitsu 2 months ago.

‘Currently, the dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information’.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/09/sony-unsure-playstation-5-backwards-compatibility-will-cover-every-game-10887485/

At this point they better get it done, the outrage will be intense if they don't.

Radek said:
curl-6 said:

It sounds like you still really enjoy your PS4 so I'd say hang onto it, in the past I have almost always regretted selling/giving away consoles. 

I would definitely recommend picking up a Switch, it has accumulated quite a strong lineup of exclusives by this point.

I do yeah but to be fair PS5 will be backwards compatible, I could sell my PS4 and start saving up for PS5 in November, the only game I'd really regret not playing on release date would be TLOU 2.

In light of recent info I'd say wait and see if they confirm 100% PS4 backwards compatibility for PS5. If/when it's confirmed, if you do plan to pick up a PS5 early on, then yeah I'd say go ahead and sell your PS4, whoever ends up with it will hopefully enjoy it as much as you clearly have.

Maybe some kid who can't afford to spend $300 for a new one will really appreciate it. :)

After adjustments, Switch sold 1,815,259 this week, making it the highest week for any individual console since Christmas week 2009 in which DS sold 1,830,678 and Wii sold 1,823,190.

If I am reading this HW chart right, the adjustments pushed the Switch up to the highest Global November of all time.  Ahead of DS 2009.

Sign of things to come for Dec and 2020.

Around the Network

NS adjusted numbers are mindblowing! Ninty did it again, and mixing it with home consoles in the hybrid, saved the portable from mobile attack.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

StarDoor said:
After adjustments, Switch sold 1,815,259 this week, making it the highest week for any individual console since Christmas week 2009 in which DS sold 1,830,678 and Wii sold 1,823,190.

The OP has 1.6m was the an adjustment made after this or is the 1.8m number the new adjustment?

That 1.8m adjustment would put total sales at around 46.2m only 2.8m off the SNES milestone.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 15 December 2019

Adjustments:

Switch - 1,815,259
PS4 - 1,203,523
XBO - 926,506

p0isonparadise said:
Adjustments:

Switch - 1,815,259
PS4 - 1,203,523
XBO - 926,506

Thanks for this, I was about to ask if the OP had been updated and if not what the new numbers were.

Monstrous stuff, Switch is on fire.