By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 November 2019 - Black Friday Week

Slownenberg said:
Damn, crazy Xbox sales thanks to their fantastic deals, and monster Switch numbers! Xbox just did 23-24% of its year-to-date sales in one week haha.

So maybe Switch just over 20 million this year?? Man, if they can bring out some big guns next year (AC, BotW2?, and at least one more big monster seller) along with a first price cut Switch might see 22+ million next year - getting up in top Wii territory.

Im expcting another pokemon game next year and I think its time for the next 3D Mario. If we dont hear a 3D World port early next year then I guess the next 3D mario will be something that focuses on local multiplayer. And the lack of updates on super mario party may be because another mario party game is comong to switch and I think it will be next year

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Oh well, Switch sales projections for this FY are now up to 20 millions from 18 millions : https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1202365395836948482?s=20
I'm sure they can beat this number anyway with the strong interest in China and the momentum in the rest of the world is just insane going in the holidays.

That's a projection from an external analyst, not from Nintendo.

curl-6 said:
xMetroid said:
Oh well, Switch sales projections for this FY are now up to 20 millions from 18 millions : https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1202365395836948482?s=20
I'm sure they can beat this number anyway with the strong interest in China and the momentum in the rest of the world is just insane going in the holidays.

Oh my bad :x

xMetroid said:
curl-6 said:

Oh my bad :x

No worries man. We all make little mistakes. :)

Switch is CRUSHING it.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Xbox pulled a good week out of nowhere to stay ahead for 1 more week. Solid numbers all around. Switch is a beast through. I only predicted 70-80 million LT initially... It's looking like it's going to be able to smash through that. Thankfully I didn't bet on it.

Slownenberg said:
trunkswd said:

I generally agree with those price cuts. But I'd expect the Lite to drop to $179.99 and them to be cut for next holiday to go against the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. 

Yeah exactly, I expect a price cut just before the other systems launch (if not sooner). A price cut + BotW2(?) would keep Switch in the gaming headlines amidst the two console launches. $250 and $180 next November makes sense to me. The fact that they have gone this long without a price cut is crazy, historically, though of course makes sense revenue wise. I don't think there's any way there won't be a price cut next year.

I really doubt Switch will get a permanent price cut next year.  What will it be competing with?  Nothing.  It's going to keep selling strong and Nintendo is going to keep raking in the profits.  Competition doesn't come until PS5 and Scarlett during the holidays.  At that point Nintendo can offer holiday deals and bundles, but an actual permanent price cut won't come until 2021.

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

I doubt we will get a price cut next year, they havent even had a standard pack in title yet and they will likely do that before cutting the price.

Next year

Switch+Smash Bros or Mario Kart-$299.99

Lite+NSMB or Mario Maker-$199.99

Switch-price drop to $249.99

Lite-price drop to $169.99

I generally agree with those price cuts. But I'd expect the Lite to drop to $179.99 and them to be cut for next holiday to go against the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. 

There is no point in using price cuts to deter people from PS5/XB2 at launch, they will sell great regardless.

It's not like someone considering a $499 PS5 is going to change their mind and get Switch Lite instead because it went from $199 to $179.

Nintendo doesnt care about what others are doing, they will use price cuts to increase sales when they start to slow down.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Excellent BF for NS., >1.6M WW, the only one really close to 1M in NA alone and the only one selling very well in Japan too.

Very good sales in NA for both PS4 and XBOne, but Europe makes the difference, making PS4 the second and only other >1M WW besides NS.
BTW, NA numbers allow XBOne to stay above NS in WW LTD sales for at least another week, leaving MS at least this little satisfaction for BF.

Sad BF numbers confirm 3DS finally reached PSV in teh Land of teh Undead, as I predicted, although I really thought it would have had at least another decent BF and Xmas period, and the actual undeath would have happened next January.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Sad BF numbers confirm 3DS finally reached PSV in teh Land of teh Undead, as I predicted, although I really thought it would have had at least another decent BF and Xmas period, and the actual undeath would have happened next January.

Eh there was no reason for 3DS to do decent this holiday, the last 1st party title was released over 8 months ago and 2DS has been $79 with a game bundled for about 2 years.

Basically no new games to attract new gamers and it's been at impulse buy pricing for so long that everybody who wants one has one.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.