By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 30 November 2019 - Black Friday Week

zorg1000 said:

Are those numbers from this site or from other sources?

Switch 830k USA number is from Nintendo, everything else is VGC.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
Good numbers all around in USAj Just as some people were anticipating, so not many surprises then.

Seeing worldwide numbers, Switch did better than last year, XBO did pretty similar to last year and PS4 ended with a 30% drop. I supose i expected better from Europe....

I dont think PS4 had as big of deals in EU as it did in US.

We got UK numbers and XB1 was first with a little over 100k, NSW was 2nd with just over 100k as well, and PS4 was in a distant 3rd with about 60k.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

trunkswd said:
colafitte said:
Good numbers all around in USAj Just as some people were anticipating, so not many surprises then.

Seeing worldwide numbers, Switch did better than last year, XBO did pretty similar to last year and PS4 ended with a 30% drop. I supose i expected better from Europe....

Main reason Xbox One didn't have the same drop as the PS4 was the cheap Xbox One S All-Digital deals. 

Yeah yeah, i know. XBO did 100k in UK when PS4 did 60k, and i guess XBO SAD did very well in USA too. That bundle/deal with XBO SAD has made wonders saleswise for Microsoft. But i still expected more from PS4 in Europe. A little bit disappointed.

zorg1000 said:

I dont think PS4 had as big of deals in EU as it did in US.

We got UK numbers and XB1 was first with a little over 100k, NSW was 2nd with just over 100k as well, and PS4 was in a distant 3rd with about 60k.

Yeah PS4 deals weren't good, the main BF deal I saw for PS4 in uk was a 500gb with God of War, Horizon and Uncharted for £199.99.

Hard to compete with a 1TB XBO S Digital that was basically half the price.

This data pretty much seems to confirm what i was expecting from weeks/months:

Switch is going to end around 20'5M in 2019, PS4 around 14'5M in 2019 and XBO with less than 5'0M in 2019. That will put Switch around 50'0M sold lifetime and PS4 around 106'0-106'5M. As for XBO i still anticipating it won't reach 50M worldwide before next Xbox launch.

Around the Network
colafitte said:

This data pretty much seems to confirm what i was expecting from weeks/months:

Switch is going to end around 20'5M in 2019, PS4 around 14'5M in 2019 and XBO with less than 5'0M in 2019. That will put Switch around 50'0M sold lifetime and PS4 around 106'0-106'5M. As for XBO i still anticipating it won't reach 50M worldwide before next Xbox launch.

Yeah those numbers seem about right, NSW is currently up about 29%, PS4 down 18% and XB1 down 31%, if those numbers stay the same than we would have

NSW-21.2m

PS4-14.9m

XB1-4.7m

December is hard to tell if they will stick to current trends, for PS4/XB1 it depends on what kind of deals they offer and for NSW it depends on if general momentum can offset the lack of a big title like Smash Bros but those numbers above should be pretty close.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Damn, crazy Xbox sales thanks to their fantastic deals, and monster Switch numbers! Xbox just did 23-24% of its year-to-date sales in one week haha.

So maybe Switch just over 20 million this year?? Man, if they can bring out some big guns next year (AC, BotW2?, and at least one more big monster seller) along with a first price cut Switch might see 22+ million next year - getting up in top Wii territory.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah those numbers seem about right, NSW is currently up about 29%, PS4 down 18% and XB1 down 31%, if those numbers stay the same than we would have

NSW-21.2m

PS4-14.9m

XB1-4.7m

December is hard to tell if they will stick to current trends, for PS4/XB1 it depends on what kind of deals they offer and for NSW it depends on if general momentum can offset the lack of a big title like Smash Bros but those numbers above should be pretty close.

I don't think Switch can maintain the same year over year growth in December because Nintendo closed out 2018 strong. Still expect 2019 to show growth, but not on the level of 29%.

Sony's forecast for PS4 shipments suggests that they won't have many deals, if any at all. Their likely strategy is to tank the rest of the fiscal year to get better draft picks for the PS5.

I agree, December will be hard for Switch to keep up, I still expect over 20m for the year though.

Slownenberg said:
Damn, crazy Xbox sales thanks to their fantastic deals, and monster Switch numbers! Xbox just did 23-24% of its year-to-date sales in one week haha.

So maybe Switch just over 20 million this year?? Man, if they can bring out some big guns next year (AC, BotW2?, and at least one more big monster seller) along with a first price cut Switch might see 22+ million next year - getting up in top Wii territory.

I doubt we will get a price cut next year, they havent even had a standard pack in title yet and they will likely do that before cutting the price.

Next year

Switch+Smash Bros or Mario Kart-$299.99

Lite+NSMB or Mario Maker-$199.99

Switch-price drop to $249.99

Lite-price drop to $169.99

So now UK can count for 30% of whole Europe sales for Switch...Everybody is fine with this fact ?