By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Alien Isolation, the first game to look better on Switch than on PS4/XB1?

The fact that the question can even be asked is an impressive achievement.

Around the Network
Radek said:

Sorry but if resolution can drop to 900p and even 756p I can't believe it's a better looking game than PS4 version at native 1080p.

756p is borderline last gen territory.

The heading is misleading. Alien Isolation on Switch has better anti aliasing becomes the first game to look better on switch.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Radek said:

Sorry but if resolution can drop to 900p and even 756p I can't believe it's a better looking game than PS4 version at native 1080p.

756p is borderline last gen territory.

As they stated in the video resolution isn't everything and doesn't mean inherently better image quality. Also, they explicitly state that it holds close to 1080p most of the time. Not to mention that there is no screen tearing, I could see the argument. 

I'm playing RE5 and RE6 on the Switch. DF pointed out some flaws and I've noticed them (split screen only) but I think they're the best versions of the games. Mainly because of motion control support. They're 7th gen games but they look so good on the Switch!

It seems like a superb port, but I don't get the appeal of the game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

its a good port but ps4 xbox players had this years ago, Apart from a better AA solution theres nothing on it better than the higher console versions in fact in handheld it goes to 500p at times

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Definitely looks like one of the best conversions to hit the Switch to date. Feral are on a roll, GRID was also a strong effort, if they keep this up they may join the ranks of Panic Button, QLOC, Saber and Virtuos in the Switch port masters squad.

Barkley said:

It is a port of a PS3/360 game so the PS4/XBO versions being much beyond what the Switch is capable of was always unlikely.

I don't think it's accurate to say it's a PS3/360 port. It was a crossgen game, and not one where the 7th gen was the baseline and PS4/Xbone just pumped up the res.

The question is... where my physical version, though?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Skeeuk said:
its a good port but ps4 xbox players had this years ago, Apart from a better AA solution theres nothing on it better than the higher console versions in fact in handheld it goes to 500p at times

It stays 1080p most of the time, has better AA, no screen tearing and framerate is more consistent. It looks much better than the PS4/XOne versions.

On top of that the Switch version has added very well done gyro controls. Its easily the best version of the game.

If it ever gets a physical version, I might check it out.